09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

BTW.....I called that Bradley KO eeeaaarllly
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait til Nightmare wins that world title
smokin.gif

Proshares yo ima have to send out that stuff out as soon as i can......I had a buddy pass away, so ima be busy for a bit.

This is just disgusting!

Just when you thought this trend of big fights at catch weights was succeeding at keeping some money out of the hands of the cretins who runboxing's so-called governing bodies, along comes Jose Sulaiman, chief cretin himself, with a solution: the "WBC Diamond Championship belt." Lookat that. Problem solved.

According to the WBC's press release, which reads as if it were written in crayon, "… this belt will play a very important role in modern boxing, asthe fights between elite boxers called 'catch weight' fights, have not been a complete success, due to the fact that the advertising is only done forfans to know who is the best between two fighters and nothing is at stake (italics mine)."

It labors on, "The WBC will propose that the promotion renders homage to the two greatest fighters of such division, as they will be showcased in (sic)the belt."

Here's the translation: Nobody cares about catch weight fights because there are no titles on the line. To remedy that, the WBC will "sanction"said fights, for a fee of course, and that way the promoters can advertise them as "title" fights.

That way, for example, you can care about Manny Pacquiao-Miguel Cotto!

How utterly revolting. Watch it take off.

link http://www.ringtv.com/blog/971/jones_not_enticing_us_with_this_hook/

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

But the weight is going to be MAC's biggest problem in the fight.
I actually agree. I'm tired of hearing people say, "It's just 1 pound" MAC hasn't weighed under 146 since he was a Jr. Welter against Paulie (2-3 years ago?). It's way more than "just 1 pound."

But if MAC re-hydrates properly...I think he can win by either late round stoppage or KO.
When he totally reconstructed his face in the ring???
pimp.gif
I'll take him at this weight against Pacquiao.

Let's get it Cotto!!!!

Take this for what it's worth...

stevemaxboxingBeen told that Pavlik-Williams is ON!!! October 3rd, Atlantic City, New Jersey. Book it, Dano!!!

damn had no idea Roy VS jeff was this weekend
I know right
laugh.gif

They've been showing RJJ fights on ESPN Classic lately. I think the first fight with Tarver is on right now. I think they're supposed to show a bunchof RJJ and Lacey fights on Classic up until the fight on Saturday.

edit:
boxingscene also reports that punisher/pavlik is on
3422432227_722fdf1227.jpg

Originally Posted by Proshares

Damn, I didn't know Donaire was being trained by the Penalosa's now...

yeah... Jr. and Sr. had a split. Word is Sr. doesn't like Jr's wife and that's why Jr. went to the Penalosas.

The Penalosas are a perfect match for Nonito. Their style is having your strong hand as your lead hand which in this case is perfect since Nonito's anatural southpaw fighting in an orthodox stance. And if you notice most of the Filipino fighters are "southpaw" because of this influence... butare really natural righties. Pacquiao is the exception as he's a natural lefty.

^^ nice
pimp.gif

.. and I hope they show my boy Mark Melligen on tv. He's the dude I've been hyping up in here sparring with Floyd Jr
laugh.gif
He better not let me down!

Pavlik and williams is a go.. got a feeling this is gonna be one of the best fights of the year for some reason.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

But the weight is going to be MAC's biggest problem in the fight.
I actually agree. I'm tired of hearing people say, "It's just 1 pound" MAC hasn't weighed under 146 since he was a Jr. Welter against Paulie (2-3 years ago?). It's way more than "just 1 pound."

But if MAC re-hydrates properly...I think he can win by either late round stoppage or KO.
Manny isn't paulie lol it's not going to be an easy fight for MAC and I don't even like manny. Hopefully he can rehydrate so it's a good fight. Hatton is thinking about fighting Amir Khan what yall think about that? Hatton needs to take a seat IMO before he gets seriously hurt in the ring.
When he totally reconstructed his face in the ring???
pimp.gif
I'll take him at this weight against Pacquiao.

Let's get it Cotto!!!!

stevemaxboxingBeen told that Pavlik-Williams is ON!!! October 3rd, Atlantic City, New Jersey. Book it, Dano!!!

At least I know where I'll be on the 3rd. Cant wait to see this +#+$ live.....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

At least I know where I'll be on the 3rd. Cant wait to see this +#+$ live.....
pimp.gif

Same here, I definitely gotta hop in the Chinatown bus for this one
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom