'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Sanchez turning pro.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez will skip his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

Sanchez and Georgia's Matthew Stafford, another junior coming out early, are considered the top two quarterback prospects in the draft. Heisman Trophywinner Sam Bradford of Oklahoma decided to return to school next year.

Sanchez is coming off a spectacular Rose Bowl against Penn State. The fourth-year junior went 28-for-35, setting a Rose Bowl record by completing 80 percentof his passes. He threw for 413 yards and four touchdowns, and also ran for a score in the Trojans' 38-24 victory.

Lol @ sanchez goin before stafford.. U can't see straight with those sc blinders on.. And sam bradford is a dummy.. You never leave that much $ on the table.. Ever

roll.gif
roll.gif
. Ya'll gassin' Stafford. You just got your SEC blinders on.

[table][tr][td]
Comp/Att
235/383 [/td] [td]
TD/INT
25/10 [/td] [td]
YDS
3459 [/td] [td]
Rating
153.5 [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
Comp/Att
241/366 [/td] [td]
TD/INT
34/10 [/td] [td]
YDS
3207 [/td] [td]
Rating
164.6 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]I really don't see why people say Stafford>Sanchez.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Lol @ sanchez goin before stafford.. U can't see straight with those sc blinders on.. And sam bradford is a dummy.. You never leave that much $ on the table.. Ever

roll.gif
roll.gif
. Ya'll gassin' Stafford. You just got your SEC blinders on.

[table][tr][td]
Comp/Att
235/383 [/td] [td]
TD/INT
25/10 [/td] [td]
YDS
3459 [/td] [td]
Rating
153.5 [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
Comp/Att
241/366 [/td] [td]
TD/INT
34/10 [/td] [td]
YDS
3207 [/td] [td]
Rating
164.6 [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]I really don't see why people say Stafford>Sanchez.

It's the unreal competition that is found in the SEC
eyes.gif

South Carolina QB Chris Smelley is leaving the program to play baseball

Cam Newton is going to a JC next year

Thompson was Trent Richardson's main recruiter, he is visiting the Gators soon, hopefully he stays away from the Vols.

Why are all these coaches leaving Bama is Saban a douche to work with? Steele went to Clemson and Thompson to the Vols no hate but these moves seem lateral atbest.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Why are all these coaches leaving Bama is Saban a douche to work with? Steele went to Clemson and Thompson to the Vols no hate but these moves seem lateral at best.
Saban is a known douche/+*!*@@# to work with.

And look for Newton to end up @ Mississippi State after JC. If he actually goes to JC.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ya didnt saban have a few coaches leave his 1st year at bama?
Major Applewhite took a lesser position with Texas to get away from that !*@!$%+...

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Sanchez has bust written all over him IMO

Just my opinion.

How does he have bust written all over him? Only reason he struggled this season was because SC essentially had a brand new line that was marred w/ injuries.Even then he still threw for 34 TDs and 10 picks.

I don't know if he'll be a great player, but to say he has bust written all over him is stupid. Kid has the size, athleticism, and arm on top of thegreat work ethic and approach to the game.

Get'erDoneee CLK!

We'd love to have u Mr407!

A grand a piece on the ground for u and OKU

*imagining Cheese, TStephens and JLew all over again!

HOLLA AT US MR. 407
[h3]Trent Richardson on Lance Thompson's move: "I'm disappointed."[/h3] [h4]Posted by http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/about.htmlIan R. Rapoport -- Birmingham News January 15, 2009 8:03 PM[/h4]
Categories: Football, Recruiting

small_recruit_richardson_300.jpg
Trent!
Just a quick update on the fact that Alabama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson is taking a job on the Tennessee staff. I just spoke with five-star running back Trent Richardson, the Pensacola, Fla. native and one of Thompson's recruits.
What did he think?

"It's kind of surprising to me, and it's kind of hard on me," Richardson said. "He was my recruiter and I was closer to him than my position coach (Burton Burns) at Alabama. It's hard. I never thought this would happen to me."

Richardson hasn't spoken to Thompson yet, though he said he's been calling him all day. He did speak with Alabama coach Nick Saban, who seemed pretty frustrated.

"I talked to Coach Saban today," Richardson said, "and he was very surprised. He was kind of upset with the situation, too."

So, what does this mean for Trent's recruitment?

"Well, I'm just going to finish going through the recruiting process, get to February, sit down with my mom and talk it over with my family and my coaches at my school now," he said. "Let it ride like that. I'm going to keep my eyes open, take all my visits. I'm just kind of stressed."

Trent's last three visit's are UF, LSU, and either UT or FSU.

Should be interesting.

Go get 'em Jimbo
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
. If only just to spite Gunna.

With that said, the almighty dollar is still king, and I expect him to still play ball in Tuscaloosa.

And I don't understand why Saban is so mad. Maybe if he stopped treating his coaches like $%!! they would stay.

And Nowitness, you know Major was going back to Texas come hell or high water. 'Bama was just a stopping point on his way back to Texas.

Orson Charles Looking into Knoxville too. No way we get him but at least CLK & crew got him to come for a visit.

Tennessee commit to visit Michigan
Wide receiver Je'Ron Stokes (Philadelphia, Pa./Northeast) will resume his official visits this weekend with a trip to Michigan.

Stokes committed to Tennessee last spring and made his official visit there in September when the Vols played Florida. With the resignation of Phil Fulmer and the hiring of Lane Kiffin, Stokes has remained committed to Tennessee, but has not made a final decision on his college choice.

"I'm still committed to Tennessee," Stokes said. "Lane Kiffin came down for a home visit. And their offensive coordinator came down last week. I like what they said. The offensive coordinator is a very smart guy and Coach Kiffin is definitely a good coach."

However Stokes will wait until February to make a final decision on his college.

"Everything is still up in the air," he said. "Whatever decision I make can't be a bad choice. I'll make my final decision on signing day."

Stokes will make official visits to Michigan this weekend and Illinois the weekend of Jan. 23. He also may visit Penn State the weekend of Jan. 30.
They're saying Je'ron will end up with the fighting Zookers and his lil Brother gonna tag along next yr too
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Orson Charles Looking into Knoxville too. No way we get him but at least CLK & crew got him to come for a visit.
Yeah....But they already have an Orson Charles in Brandon Warren. Didn't he switch to WR?

Man, FSU is in a DOGFIGHT for the 3 uncommitted prospects still at the top of their board Starling (UGA, ND, UF), Greg Reid (UF, Alabama, UGA) and OrsonCharles (UF, UGA, Tenneessee and USC)

sick.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

All I know is....All three could possibly end up at UGA. And if that happens...Jesus Christ, the boards are gonna MELT on NSD.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

Honestly, As long as we get Charles, I'm good. He's the HB/TE that's needed for Jimbo's offense. I can deal w/ missing on Reid (Just signJarvis Byrd from Pahokee High) and Starling (We got like 3-4 safety commit's already, We'll be fine). Also, word is that Willie Downs, should hequalify, still has NO plans on playing FS. Even though he's a beast back there.
They're saying Je'ron will end up with the fighting Zookers and his lil Brother gonna tag along next yr too
eek.gif

Je'ron is a beast.....But his brother is gonna end up even better
sick.gif
smh.gif

Who are y'all trying to close the class out with Gunna? If you can tell....CLK been putting in WORK. Using that million dollar recruiting budget to themax. Interested to see how his 1st real recruting class shapes up next year.

Dreclark, UT is putting together a good staff but Reaves is a goddam traitor. Straight up. He told a few Gamecock recruits to come to Tennessee "where youcan actually win." After Spurrier gave him a damn job.

It's straight though, we have a few four star UT decommits thanks to Reaves. RB Jarvis Giles (4star from Tampa) said he got a bad vibe from Reaves and leftUT for SCar.

And thank god Chris Smelley is gone from SC. He can take his skills to Bama for baseball, who cares. He might even play for Tide in a year, seems like astretch to me. He is eligible to play baseball this season for Bama, however.

Originally Posted by cbpresent

Dreclark, UT is putting together a good staff but Reaves is a goddam traitor. Straight up. He told a few Gamecock recruits to come to Tennessee "where you can actually win." After Spurrier gave him a damn job.
That's partly true though, at least the insinuation that they wouldn't be winning at South Carolina. What's with the mass exodus ofcoaches? They see Spurrier's ship sinking?

If we're gonna talk recruiting at Tennessee lets be real.

The Future: The BERRY BROTHERS

6ft tall 9th graders
pimp.gif

We got it Locked
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom