'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

So Sanchez is leaving, Bradford is staying, and Percy still hasn't decided what he wants to do. I'm thinking he's going to leave though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Sanchez has to be as good as gone.

McCoy
Bradford
Tebow

They're all staying. IMO Sanchez would be crazy to not go...What other big quarterback is there in this draft?
Yeah, if you're Mark right now, you gotta be thinking it's time to leave...

He's probably the second QB at this point, with Josh Freeman as the only real competition aside from Stafford... Unless scouts fall in love with RhettBomar during workouts...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

McCoy
Bradford
Tebow

They're all staying. IMO Sanchez would be crazy to not go...What other big quarterback is there in this draft?
Yeah, if you're Mark right now, you gotta be thinking it's time to leave...

He's probably the second QB at this point, with Josh Freeman as the only real competition aside from Stafford... Unless scouts fall in love with Rhett Bomar during workouts...
Stafford, that's who I couldn't think of. But yeah...pretty weak QB class this year.

McCoy
Bradford
Tebow

They're all staying. IMO Sanchez would be crazy to not go...What other big quarterback is there in this draft

He's probably the second QB at this point, with Josh Freeman as the only real competition aside from Stafford... Unless scouts fall in love with Rhett Bomar during workouts...
Say, Sanchez comes back and say all four QB's mentioned above have good years. I still think that the worst case would be that Sanchez goesright after Sam Bradford. Scouts love Dirty, he will be the first QB taken this season, as opposed to possibly being the 1-3 QB taken next season.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

McCoy
Bradford
Tebow

They're all staying. IMO Sanchez would be crazy to not go...What other big quarterback is there in this draft

Say, Sanchez comes back and say all four QB's mentioned above have good years. I still think that the worst case would be that Sanchez goes right after Sam Bradford. Scouts love Dirty, he will be the first QB taken this season, as opposed to possibly being the 1-3 QB taken next season.
He ain't getting taken before Stafford...

I do generally agree about him grading out better than Colt or Tebow... But I mean... Why take the chance? If you're the second QB on the board, you'rebasically a first round lock... You might as well go and not take the chance....

But then again, I've always felt like guys that were legitimate first rounders as juniors should leave early, so...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Cierre has continued to fall..

I thouht every kid who commits to ND supposedly gets a boost...

I've never understood football recruiting, It's just a whole 'nother world.

We'll find out soon enough who can play and who can't.

Kid has never been that great IMO. Plays in a weak league in Southern California. Doesn't have a stand-out feature. Not saying it cause he's NDrecruit; I didn't understand the hype even when SC was on him hard in his junior season.

Anybody know where Bryce Brown stands right now? SC coaching staff has recently made a visit to meet Bryce; wondering if it's anything meaningful.

We're not really looking for a RB this class, but Bryce would definitely be the exception.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Anybody know where Bryce Brown stands right now? SC coaching staff has recently made a visit to meet Bryce; wondering if it's anything meaningful.

We're not really looking for a RB this class, but Bryce would definitely be the exception.
My understanding is that he has Oregon at the top of his list. But probably won't decide as to where he will be playing until after SigningDay.

Looks good to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Michigan offered Lo Wood and he is supposed to be visiting in the next week or two w/ an "agenda". I haven't watched any film on him but he'ssupposed to be pretty good and will be a great pickup for UofM if he does commit (and stays committed). I like how hard we're going after kids down south.

laugh.gif
The only way Bryce Brown does not sign an LOI with Miami, is if newsbreaks that Patrick Nix was re-hired by Miami.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif
The only way Bryce Brown does not sign an LOI with Miami, is if news breaks that Patrick Nix was re-hired by Miami.
Basically.

If UM gets a competent OC that Bryce that Bryce is comfortable with, then its over.

Oregon's only hope is that they hire another horse !##+ OC.

Lol @ sanchez goin before stafford.. U can't see straight with those sc blinders on.. And sam bradford is a dummy.. You never leave that much $ on thetable.. Ever

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Michigan offered Lo Wood and he is supposed to be visiting in the next week or two w/ an "agenda". I haven't watched any film on him but he's supposed to be pretty good and will be a great pickup for UofM if he does commit (and stays committed). I like how hard we're going after kids down south.
It's definitely time for RichRod to step up and deliver a good recruiting class, or at least one that can run the spread.

Originally Posted by thetruth03

And sam bradford is a dummy.. You never leave that much $ on the table.. Ever
Couldn't agree more... If I'm looking $60 million in the face, I'm not lookin back... No way, no how...

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by raw120

percy and spikes are gone
Spikes is coming back
pimp.gif
eek.gif
link? If so, our whole defense is coming back, ifPercy's gone it'll be a loss, but we got the next Harvin like player...Dubose coming in, so we are officially LOADED and everyone is competing for 2ndplace.

Spikes is coming back
pimp.gif
Yeah right.
but we got the next Harvin like player...Dubose coming in,
[Mark Jackson] You're better than that [/Mark Jackson]

Lets be serious here.

There's nobody on that roster or in y'alls 2009 or 2010 recruiting class that is 'Harvin like'.

It was just breaking news on Sportscenter
pimp.gif

Edit: Here's link
smokin.gif

[h2]Linebacker Spikes returning to Gators[/h2]
Comment http://sendtofriend.espn....ior%20year&id=3835065','sendtofriend','noresizable,noscrollbars,width=400,height=500');return false;">Email Print
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida junior Brandon Spikes, an Associated Press All-American at linebacker, said Thursdaymorning that he will return to the BCS champion Gators for his senior season.

An all-Southeastern Conference selection the last two years, Spikes said he wants to ensure his draft position.

College football underclassmen face a Thursday deadline to petition the NFL for draft eligibility.

The 6-foot-3, 245-pound Spikes also said his friendship with All-America quarterback Tim Tebow, who is also returning to the Gators for his senior season, played a part in thedecision.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Spikes is coming back
pimp.gif
Yeah right.
but we got the next Harvin like player...Dubose coming in,
[Mark Jackson] You're better than that [/Mark Jackson]

Lets be serious here.

I'm not saying he's Percy, he's a player in that same mold, and will be utilized in the offense similarly. It's OK dre, the Noleswill beat us at least once in the next 10 years
laugh.gif
GO GATORS!!!

And Henz, has Percy made his announcement official??

No defensive recruit should want to go to uf if they want to see a field in the next 2 years.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'm not saying he's Percy, he's a player in that same mold, and will be utilized in the offense similarly.
That's what I'm saying. I know he will be used in a similar way (Playing RB/WR) but I still don't see him in the same mold because hedoesn't run like a RB when he gets handoffs. He runs like a WR. Percy runs like a RB. I get where you were going with that though.
It's OK dre, the Noles will beat us at least once in the next 10 years
laugh.gif
GO GATORS!!!
Oh, you didn't know?

Were going to ruin Sr. Day for Teblow and his life Partner Spikes next year.

happy.gif

Yeah, I don't think he'll be in the backfield, but we have Demps, Rainey, and that bum from USC still, plus Tebow, so our running game should be solidstill. I meant more out on the perimeter in a playmaking role when talking bout Dubose, get him the ball in space and let him go to work.

I'll pay you money if that school out west beats us at the Swamp next year.
laugh.gif
Better chance of me winning the lottery than that.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I'll pay you money if that school out west beats us at the Swamp next year.
laugh.gif
Better chance of me winning the lottery than that.

laugh.gif
Im just hoping Ponder continues to get better next year. We alsohave some holes to fill on defense, but hopefully Nigel breaks out next year

Back
Top Bottom