'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Taylor Mays said:
"I told him [Sanchez] you can't worry about stuff other people do. If he leaves, he leaves. If he stays, he stays. We go on and support him. But if Mark leaves, I'm playing quarterback and we can run the spread."

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Mays ain't getting in the way of The Movement, tho...
pimp.gif

Cierre has continued to fall..

I thouht every kid who commits to ND supposedly gets a boost...

I've never understood football recruiting, It's just a whole 'nother world.

We'll find out soon enough who can play and who can't.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Taylor Mays said:
"I told him [Sanchez] you can't worry about stuff other people do. If he leaves, he leaves. If he stays, he stays. We go on and support him. But if Mark leaves, I'm playing quarterback and we can run the spread."

eek.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
.....2009....Be afraid......

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by cbpresent

ESPNU's Top 150 is more accurate than Rivals Top 100. The first Gamecock is at No. 84? That ain't right. ESPNU has a pair of Gamecocks in the Top 20.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

My school's top recruit is #22 on Rivals and #36 on ESPN, so clearly Rivals is more accurate
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Tee Martin? Shady? who told u that?
"Shady" was the wrong way to describe him. I read that some stuff went down at Tennessee while he was there. And basically no coachingat the college level.

http://blog.oregonlive.co...ac10/2009/01/post_93.html

But again, Chip Kelly knows his stuff and I can't imagine him doing something dumb to ruin the program. I don't think Bellotti is leaving this season,but we'll see.

Sources: Hazelton transferring to Cincy
Comment Email Print
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Pac-10 blog
ESPN.com's Ted Miller writes about all things Pac-10 in his conference blog.

• Blog network
USC wide receiver Vidal Hazelton is expected to transfer to Cincinnati, a source close to Hazelton said Wednesday.

Hazelton plans to transfer to the school contingent upon passing an upcoming physical examination.

Hazelton had only six catches for 38 yards this season at USC due to injuries. He had 50 catches for 540 yards in 2007.

Hazelton, at 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, was one of the nation's top recruits coming out of Hargrave Military Academy.

What's the deal with this dude I remember him being so highly touted? If he produces then this can be HUGE for UC trying to repeat in the BE.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by DLo13

Taylor Mays said:

eek.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
.....2009....Be afraid......

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FeelMode

that said, he is probably fresh off a cycle of steroids and would fail a drug test
laugh.gif
I absolutely love him out on the field, but dude is a monster and then when he takes his helmet off he looks like a little kid.
Stafford has always been a freak of nature. The reason him and Cush are big and cut is because they hardly booze and they get all their mealsprepped and delivered to their apartment. Trust me, those two are not eating left over pizza. They have always been big (google their HS pics), but theircommitment to fitness and training, puts them above other CFB players (physique wise).

I just got word that Dirty is leaning towards taking the leap to the NFL,
ohwell.gif

I've never understood football recruiting, It's just a whole 'nother world.
It is a crapshoot, I only really get excited about the front seven (DL, LB) defensive players we recruit,
laugh.gif
. Too many of the WR's that have been recruited don't pan out: WhitneyLewis, Patrick Turner, Vidal Hazelton, etc.

What's the deal with this dude I remember him being so highly touted? If he produces then this can be HUGE for UC trying to repeat in the BE.
Let me start by saying Hazelton is a talented kid, but:

1. He is not as good as he thinks he is.
2. He is soft.
3. He is a diva.
4. Pops is always in his ear.

He had a decent year in 2007, then he started getting boo boo injuries, and he didn't like the fact that he didn't get coddled. USC had other wideoutsthat are just as talented, although some have underachieved, but Vidal thinks he is all world. He also got passed up on the depth chart by Damian Williams andRonald Johnson. I'm surprised he landed at Cincinnatti, I had him going to Rutgers. I think he will shine at UC because of the level of comp.

Good luck to Vidal.. I thought he was gonna open up after Smith/Jarrett left. I think it was the Idaho game(?) where he one-handed a TD on the right corner. Iwas thinkin damn, dude starting off real nice.

Injuries set him back, not to mention Damian Williams coming in and playing the way he has.

That's Mitch Mustain's job...
pimp.gif

The Movement won't be derailed by Aaron Crap...

Sanchez has to be as good as gone.

McCoy
Bradford
Tebow

They're all staying. IMO Sanchez would be crazy to not go...What other big quarterback is there in this draft?

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) -- North Carolina quarterback Cameron Sexton plans to graduate in May and use his remaining year of eligibility elsewhere next season.

The school said the redshirt junior told the coaching staff of his decision this week. NCAA rules prevent a player with one year of eligibility left from transferring to another Bowl or Championship subdivision program, though Sexton could play immediately if he went to a Division II program.

In a statement, Sexton thanked his teammates and coaches, and said he didn't know what the future would hold.

Sexton started six games for the Tar Heels this year after starter T.J. Yates went down with an injury. Sexton also came off the bench to direct a last-minute comeback win at Miami.

Stafford has always been a freak of nature. The reason him and Cush are big and cut is because they hardly booze and they get all their meals prepped and delivered to their apartment. Trust me, those two are not eating left over pizza. They have always been big (google their HS pics), but their commitment to fitness and training, puts them above other CFB players (physique wise).

what the hell are u talking about have u seen steriod cushing high school picture?

what the hell are u talking about have u seen steriod cushing high school picture?
Yes, I remember him when he walked on campus, because he was (still is) a weird kid.

BRIANCUSHINGkegger.jpg

That was Cushing in High School.

As far as steroid, use, I don't know, I'm on the fence
laugh.gif
. Sometimes, I want to say yes, then you see him workout and perception changes, I'm on the fence though.

laugh.gif

That !#*@ just don't look right. And Taylor over there looking like an action figure.

How has T.J. Bryant progressed this year?

Isn't there a photo of Cushing with man boobs floating around somewhere?

Yeah, that is a rumor.

There are times he looks flabby, but those are post surgery pics. LenDale blew out Cushings shoulder when he was a Freshman.

I don't want to turn this into a let's look at dudes body thread, but here is a recent Cushing pic:

briancushingnotsofat.jpg

So maybe, he was in a bulking phase and now he has gone through his cutting phase along with the toll a football season takes. I know dudes that do 'roids, and they have all the symptoms (Acne, man boobs, etc.). I've seen Cush up close many times, dude doesn't have any of the side effects.

I could be wrong though, dude is huge.

nice pickup for cincy if it goes down, but that kid cant stay healthy and he doesnt seem to have that drive or will to get better as a player

Back
Top Bottom