'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

What are the odds of SI finding a pic of a duck bent over with another dude behind him?
It'd be funnier if it wasn't a QB behind his center.

Just sayin'
CP must think it's funny every time a quarterback gets under center and puts his hands on his butt and snaps the ball or there's tacklingbecause the guys end up on top of each other...
indifferent.gif

No but I think it's funny every time I make a joke for a certain Duck fan, every other damn Duck fan come quackin out the woodworks.

Settle the @#$% down, you ain't know by now that I tellin jokes to Chester so he can say some lame @#$% back about the Hurricanes is par for this board. Quit gettin your highlighter yellow jersey tied up in knots over nothin.

Jesus.
smh.gif
Your @#$%^& school sucks, get over it already.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, if it were only that easy.

Foster is gonna be 8 in the box all night and force McElroy/Jackson to throw
sick.gif

And them VT corners are no slouches.
True, but McElroy is a better passer than what Bama had before. (JP Wilson
smh.gif
) The key is the O-line for Bama with them replacing 3 or 4 starters

Most SEC corners are no slouches either but Julio still is going to get off (pause)

I don't get Lynden Trail saying we lead for him but he wants to go to school with Clements and Dunbar. Clements is a no-go and Dunbar is far down the WRboard right now.
No comment on Christian Green
mad.gif

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

laugh.gif
, if it were only that easy.

Foster is gonna be 8 in the box all night and force McElroy/Jackson to throw
sick.gif

And them VT corners are no slouches.
True, but McElroy is a better passer than what Bama had before. (JP Wilson
smh.gif
) The key is the O-line for Bama with them replacing 3 or 4 starters

Most SEC corners are no slouches either but Julio still is going to get off (pause)

I don't get Lynden Trail saying we lead for him but he wants to go to school with Clements and Dunbar. Clements is a no-go and Dunbar is far down the WR board right now.
No comment on Christian Green
mad.gif

From everything I've read, McElroy seems to be a very good QB. He seemed like he had a good football IQ and was real intelligent in his interview atManning's passing camp. But that doesn't make up for the fact that he hasn't ever played a snap in college. New QB's historically haven'tdone well against Bud Foster's defenses. I'm too lazy right now but maybe later I'll look up the stats about it. We will try and disguise coveragesand alternate back and forth multiple times before the snap to try and confuse him (of course every DC does this, Foster is particularly good at it though).

And I'm sure Julio will still get his. As long as he doesn't hurt us in the red zone and we keep everything else in check, we should be ok.

Man, I've been out in Omaha since Sunday for work. I always try and watch the local news so I know what's going on, but I'll be damned if everyother story isn't about Nebraska football.
laugh.gif

No. 24: Ole Miss DE Greg Hardy

F565807.jpg

No. 24: Ole Miss DE Greg Hardy
THE PARTICULARS: 6-4/265, Sr.; Memphis (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian
THE BUZZ: Hardy has been bothered by injuries and also has spent some time in the doghouse for off-field issues. When he is at his best, he is a fearsome pass rusher because of his speed off the edge. He has 21.5 career sacks, including 8.5 last season, when he played in nine games because of a foot injury. Hardy also has 32.5 tackles for loss, seven forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

Evans suffers torn ACL in practice

Tailback lost for the season

August 11, 2009

BLACKSBURG - Redshirt sophomore tailback Darren Evans of the Virginia Tech football team will miss the 2009 season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee Tuesday in practice.

Head athletic trainer Mike Goforth had this to say:

"Darren Evans suffered a left knee ACL tear this afternoon. He was evaluated by Dr. Marc Siegel and Dr. Gunnar Brolinson and received an MRI at Montgomery Regional Hospital that showed the ACL tear. He will be re-evaluated later this week to see when the ACL reconstruction surgery will take place. Our hope is to be able to repair the knee prior to classes starting so that he can get started on his rehab and continue his course work.

"Obviously we are all saddened by the results of his MRI, but we all know what type of young man Darren is and we have no doubt that he will come back stronger than ever."

Evans, from Indianapolis, Ind., was the MVP of the Orange Bowl and rushed for 1,265 yards and 11 touchdowns last year. Evans redshirted in 2008. He originally sprained his knee in Friday's practice.

LINK: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20090811aaa.html

You gotta hate to see a good player go down even before the season starts. Huuuge loss for VT.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

BTW.
indifferent.gif
to whoever cleared him to practice today. He sprained it a few days back, and everyone thought at the time that it was a tear. If they didn't do anMRI back then and it was on the verge of being torn, somebody screwed up.

Really, as much as it sucks for the team, it sucks WAY more for him as an individual. He's got a fiancee and son to support and this injury is gonna makeit real hard for him to get back on the field with Ryan Williams and David Wilson ahead of him. I didn't think he would get drafted very high as it was,coming off of an ACL tear he has almost no shot. Really sucks for him, he's a great guy.

As far as the team goes, both Ryan Williams and David Wilson (more specifically Wilson) are going to end up being great running backs. I think David Wilsonwill be the best back we've ever had. I wanted to get him on the field this year anyways because of how great he is as a playmaker. I hate for it to be areason like this, but we gotta make do with what we have. As bad as it sounds, it might actually help our offense to have a guy like Wilson on the field more.

Sucks about Evans...but it does make our path to ACC champ a bit easier. Let him RS and come back in '10 for our title run.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

LOL Miami got no shot at winning the ACC
QFT
VT or GT in the coastal.

That sucks about Darren Evans. Hopefully his rehab goes well and he bounces back for the 2010 season.

I seen Christine Michael in person before. Its gotta be something in the water in Beaumont.
smh.gif

Sick RB. Heard A&M got a top 10 recruiting class atm. Sherman trying to clean house

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Sucks about Evans...but it does make our path to ACC champ a bit easier. Let him RS and come back in '10 for our title run.
laugh.gif
Come on dude. While they are different types of backs, both Ryan Williams and David Wilson are BETTER players than Darren Evans. Lots ofpeople on Tech messageboards are saying David Wilson is the best RB we have right now.

We beat VT last year...plus we were winning the coastal and on our way to the ACC champ before the GT game. Our squad is basically the same except a yearolder and better. Plus we don't have Nix. At the GT game last year I sat and listened to the GT fans call out what our next play was going to be before ithappened all game long.
laugh.gif
Whipple is going to put in work. Maybe it's cuz i almost died yesterday but I'm feeling good about this season now all ofa sudden.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Sucks about Evans...but it does make our path to ACC champ a bit easier.

Washington State Ea$t def. ain't winning the ACC.
ibis-roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Sad was me totaling my car and breaking my collarbone yesterday.
pimp.gif
Damn Boy. U serious?
Everything okay besides the car & Collarbone?

Yeah. These central florida rednecks can't drive for %$+% but i'm still good.

Bloody nose, busted lip, scarred forehead. http://twitpic.com/df8z1

Back
Top Bottom