'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Looks like Kyle Prater is headed to SC
pimp.gif

I'm looking forward to the Okie State and Georgia. I would usually root for SEC but I can't rock with puppies.

Bama is going to beat VT as long as McElroy can hand the ball off to the RBs and complete a pass to Julio. I know the Oline is a bit suspect but Saban shouldhave them ready by VT.

Why is Urban trying to throw Ahmad Black on the bench when he put up Eric Berry #'s last year. We need to keep Will Hill as the nickelback, and Wright andBlack as the safeties. I remember reading somewhere that UF was top 5 in INTS last year.

If it's not broke, why fix.

damn I wonder why he got kicked off...prob grades....

but am I the only person who likes baylor over wake forest??? wake whooped them 1st week last year but the qb down there got a lot better during theseason...and I wanna say kirby freeman bum !@$ was starting that game
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

Bama is going to beat VT as long as McElroy can hand the ball off to the RBs and complete a pass to Julio. I know the Oline is a bit suspect but Saban should have them ready by VT.
laugh.gif
, if it were only that easy.

Foster is gonna be 8 in the box all night and force McElroy/Jackson to throw
sick.gif

And them VT corners are no slouches.

August 10, 2009
[h1]South Florida DE dedicates season to fallen teammate[/h1]
Jamie Newberg
Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
Lynden Trail is a prospect with some serious upside. Trail, now 6-8 and 215 pounds, is one of the top defensive prospects from south Florida. This four-star prospect from Miami Booker T. Washington is ready for another big season. Last year he recorded 95 tackles and 22 sacks on defense. Offensively, Trail scored eight touchdowns.

[table][tr][td]
LYNDENTRAIL4_1150.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trail favors Florida over Miami, USC, Georgia and FSU.[/td] [/tr][/table]"We started two-a-days today and it wasn't too bad," Trail said. "Nothing really wears me down. I got bigger this off-season and I am just trying to keep my speed up and stay healthy. I am very prepared for this season."

One of the issues for Trail is his size. He's quick off the edge and a load to handle at 6-8 with a long frame. But to play at that same level in college Trail will really have to bulk up in a big time way. One of the road blocks to Trail adding weight was what he was doing after the football season. Trail is a three-sport star (also basketball and track) so he didn't have a chance to focus solely on the weight room.

"I don't think it will be hard to put on pounds (in college). I also basketball and run track. I have an even faster metabolism. But this off-season I went from 190 pounds to 215 pounds because of my focus was on football and weight lifting. My strength coach (Mike York) kicked me in the butt each day."

Something else happened to inspire Trail and his teammates. On July 4th weekend, his teammate and best friend, linebacker Anthony Smith, was gunned down at a party in Miami.

"We are dedicating the season to Anthony Smith. He would have graduated with me. We were real close. I mean we were best friends. Something good will come out of this. Since the tragedy we have come together as a team. We are going to win the state championship and it will be dedicated to Anthony."

Trail, who now has 26 scholarship offers, likes five at this time with one favorite at the top of the list.

"My favorite is the University of Florida. I have a real good connection with Urban Meyer. Sometimes we talk for hours. Florida is the first team that offered me and they saw the potential in me before anyone else.

"The other team I like is that team way out west. USC is the real deal and to offer me was major because I am a kid from Florida. When I got that offer it really stuck out to me because I didn't think that highly of myself as a player. I was just going out there and doing my job.

"I also like Georgia, FSU and Miami.

"Georgia sticks out because they are in the SEC. That's big for me. Look at what Florida and LSU have done over the past few years.

"Florida State is real cool. I have a great connection with coach (James) Coley. He's from down here.

"Miami is sitting in top five. They are my home town team. My girlfriend's family are all Hurricane fans. So is my god father. But it's strange because I don't communicate with them that much. I don't know what else to say."

Trail has not yet set up any official visits but that could happen soon. He's also hoping to make some trips with a few of his teammates.

"Yeah. Me, Eduardo Clements and Quinton Dunbar are looking at the same schools and we want to take our visits together."
August 10, 2009
[h1]Green favors four schools[/h1]
Jamie Newberg
Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
Christian Green is a four-star prospect from Tampa Catholic High School. Green, 6-2 and 200 pounds, is a dynamic athlete. He plays quarterback for his high school team but projects as a receiver. This season he will play some wide receiver as well as safety. Green has electric speed and great quickness. As a freshman he had 10 touchdown receptions playing wide receiver.

[table][tr][td]
CHRISTIANGREEN5_21200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Green has narrowed things down to FSU, Florida, USF and Georgia.[/td] [/tr][/table]In terms of recruiting, Green has narrowed things down to four schools.

"I like Florida State, Florida, Georgia and USF," Green said. "I have family connections to Florida State (cousin is former FSU standout wide receiver E.G. Green). I really like the coaching staff there and I feel very comfortable with the coaches. I also like the players and they all say good things about the coaches and the environment.

"I like lots of things about Florida. They have a nice coaching staff. The players work hard and compete every day. Florida has won championships and they have a chance to win another one this season.

"I really like Georgia coach (Mark) Richt and that staff. They are all good people. Georgia is an up and coming program and in the future they have a chance to be real good. I talk with Aaron (Murray) and Orson (Charles) up there once in a while and they like it.

"I really know the USF coaching staff so well. I mean I have known them since I was like five-years old. I feel comfortable with them and they are an up and coming program. South Florida is good and they got to No. 2 in the nation."

There has been much speculation as to when Green would make his college decision. He and his teammate, offensive tackle prospect Chaz Green, wanted to commit this summer. But now it looks like it will happen this fall.

"I know I want to try and make a decision sometime during the season. I would like to do it before the beginning of the season. But I want to (officially) visit Georgia first. That will be early in the year but I am not sure on the date yet."

Green is a Rivals100 prospect (No. 24 overall) and the No. 4 rated athlete.

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

Originally Posted by Newbs24

More about the Feagin deal: Describes the whole drug deal... RR had to know this kid wasn't clean when he finishes 3rd in Mr. Football in Florida and a week before signing day his only offers are Rutgers and Syracuse. http://freep.com/article/...tin-Feagin-s-fall-at-U-M

Thanks Sparty fan. By the way, just saw your starting TB is out of jail. Thank goodness. Not to mention the dopehead QB you all had taking snaps for you earlier this century. How soon we forget. Justin ain't the first dealer and if you every watched him throw a football against 2A comp you can tell why he didn't get any offers. Dude was buns and was a WR by the 3rd practice and only took wildcat snaps. Anyways. First practice is in the books. No Turner or Witty and we need them both. Nothing too telling except Tate is A LOT bigger which is the only way for him to go. Kid was a rail and is still skinny but has some muscle. Denard throws the ball well. Gallon is lightning and should see a lot of time with Stokes. OL look GREAT. QWashington is a beast and Barnum is going to be a good one. Jonas Mouton looks to be 100% and looked real fast out there.

why the backlash? Just passing on something I saw. Glenn Winston punched someone. Big deal. He didn't even start the fight. As far as Feagin, Of course dude was nothing but a 3rd stringer now, but I can imagine you were talking different when RR signed him. Have fun with only 74 players on scholarship and only 9 LBs... when you're running a 3-4.

I actually counted 13 when I just looked at the roster but oh well. Plus it isn't a true 3-4. 1 OLB is a s/olb and the other is a pass rushing olb/de.Plus, the people that said you are gonna win 9-10 games after losing Ringer who was 43% of your offense seems like a stretch. But maybe you can get to 11 likeValenti said on the radio yesterday. Quite a few question marks on your team as well. I wouldn't get that inflated head after beating Michigan for thefirst time in 6 years especially when that Michigan team was an absolute abortion of a football team.

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

Bama is going to beat VT as long as McElroy can hand the ball off to the RBs and complete a pass to Julio. I know the Oline is a bit suspect but Saban should have them ready by VT.

Don't be so sure, we aren't Clemson.
laugh.gif

I think whoever wins won't win by much. Is Trent Richardson gonna get any significant carries in the game or is it too early to tell? I dunno, I see thegame being a defensive struggle and whichever team can get one or two big plays for a TD might win like 20-14 or something. I know Richardson is a gamebreaker,but Ingram and Julio, while they are GREAT players, aren't as big of a threat to score everytime they touch the ball as Richardson probably is. As good asJulio is, he only had 4 TD last year. Same with Darren Evans; good player, but you aren't worried about him burning you. I think with Ryan Williams andmaybe David Wilson playing, as well as Tyrod scrambling, we have a better chance at turning a routine run or pass into a big gainer. That's just my takethough.

What are the odds of SI finding a pic of a duck bent over with another dude behind him?

*Chester will insert his funny Miami pic soon* Don't care.

More about the Feagin deal: Describes the whole drug deal... RR had to know this kid wasn't clean when he finishes 3rd in Mr. Football in Florida and a week before signing day his only offers are Rutgers and Syracuse. http://freep.com/article/...tin-Feagin-s-fall-at-U-M

Thanks Sparty fan. By the way, just saw your starting TB is out of jail. Thank goodness. Not to mention the dopehead QB you all had taking snaps for you earlier this century. How soon we forget. Justin ain't the first dealer and if you every watched him throw a football against 2A comp you can tell why he didn't get any offers. Dude was buns and was a WR by the 3rd practice and only took wildcat snaps. Anyways. First practice is in the books. No Turner or Witty and we need them both. Nothing too telling except Tate is A LOT bigger which is the only way for him to go. Kid was a rail and is still skinny but has some muscle. Denard throws the ball well. Gallon is lightning and should see a lot of time with Stokes. OL look GREAT. QWashington is a beast and Barnum is going to be a good one. Jonas Mouton looks to be 100% and looked real fast out there.

why the backlash? Just passing on something I saw. Glenn Winston punched someone. Big deal. He didn't even start the fight. As far as Feagin, Of course dude was nothing but a 3rd stringer now, but I can imagine you were talking different when RR signed him. Have fun with only 74 players on scholarship and only 9 LBs... when you're running a 3-4.

I actually counted 13 when I just looked at the roster but oh well. Plus it isn't a true 3-4. 1 OLB is a s/olb and the other is a pass rushing olb/de. Plus, the people that said you are gonna win 9-10 games after losing Ringer who was 43% of your offense seems like a stretch. But maybe you can get to 11 like Valenti said on the radio yesterday. Quite a few question marks on your team as well. I wouldn't get that inflated head after beating Michigan for the first time in 6 years especially when that Michigan team was an absolute abortion of a football team.

I Don't listen to Valenti. Where did I saw I have a big head? I wasn't even talking MSU football at all. If that's what you wanna do I can do that.Talk to me on October 4th when you're 2-3, and QBFORCE isn't looking like the savior you all this he is.

Can anyone help me decide which games to go to this season? I'm still mad that Texas and Ohio State used to cancel clause in 08. I wanted to see them inperson.

[table][tr][td]Sat, Sep 5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Minnesota[/td] [td]12:00 p.m.[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td]ESPN2[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Sep 12[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]12:00 p.m.[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]State College, Pa.[/td] [td]Big Ten Network[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Sep 19[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Northwestern[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Sep 26[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Maine[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Oct 3[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]South Florida[/td] [td]12:00 p.m.[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td]BIG EAST Network[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Oct 10[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Oct 24[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Akron[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Oct 31[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]Cincinnati[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Nov 7[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]Pittsburgh[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Pittsburgh, Pa.[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Nov 14[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [td]12:00 p.m.[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Louisville, Ky.[/td] [td]BIG EAST Network[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Nov 21[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]Rutgers[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat, Nov 28[/td] [td]*[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [td]12:00 p.m.[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]East Hartford, Conn.[/td] [/tr][/table]

P. Cox done hulked up and still has the speed dangg life aint fair lol. Good to see him get notice from where he started at as an underclassmen.

Something from Ohio St's camp.
-- WR DeVier Posey sat out some drills with an apparently minor injury. When he was out -- and with Small also absent -- the top three receivers were Dane Sanzenbacher, Taurian Washington and Lamaar Thomas.
-- Even though he was third-string, freshman WR Duron Carter stood out. He made a nice, pluck-out-of-the-air catch while running a crossing route.
-- Safety Jermale Hines seemed to be on the field a lot more, although always as a fifth DB. (
pimp.gif
Get Jermale on the field please)

The big10 network will have the tapped practice on tonight at 10est.

Back
Top Bottom