09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I want to say Nebraska was robbed, but that whole last drive was a meltdown. I knew we'd piss it down our legs just like at VT.

If only we had some kind of offense...

Yea they pissed it away with that horse collar penalty, but at the same time if you watch any incomplete pass in that game there are multiple seconds on justabout every one ran off extra. I understand it was the final play and everything, but they adjusted the way they had been calling the game to accomodate Texasso that the Big 12 could have a team in the title game.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Miscellaneous
Article 3. Miscellaneous reviewable plays include:
a. A runner judged to have been not down by rule. (Note: If a runner is ruled down, the play is not reviewable).
b. A runner's forward progress with respect to a first down.
c. Touching of any type kick by any player.
d. The number of players participating by either team during a live ball.
e. A scrimmage kicker beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is kicked.
f. Clock adjustment when a ruling on the field is reversed.
g. A fumble recovery by a Team A player during fourth down or a try and before any change of possession.

That is the only thing mentioned in the big 12 rules on replay about time. Not sure what ruling on the field was reversed so that the clock could be challenged. I think i have to go with Nebraska on this ruling and say they were robed.
eek.gif
eek.gif

KEY ISSUES --

Section 3. Reviewable Plays

f. Clock adjustment when a ruling on the field is reversed. ***** No play was reviewed or reversed

Section 5. Initiating the Replay Process
Game Stop

4. A head coach may not challenge a ruling in which the game was stopped and a decision has already been made by the replay official. ****** So the officials would not allow Bo to challenge reversal ??

Section 6. Reviewing an On-field Ruling
Procedures

e.If a ruling is reversed, the replay official shall supply the referee with all pertinent data as needed (next down, distance, yard line, position of the ball, clock status/adjustment) in order to resume play under the correct game conditions. *** Again no play was reviewed, and no play was reversed

here is a breakdown of the big 12 rules that come into play

BUT HERE IS A NCAA RULE

This is from the NCAA rules book. This will give the refs cover and rationale.

Limitations on Reviewable Plays
ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.
However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those
involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes
fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c
and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

Matchups for the undercard bowls are starting to pop up in various places...

UGA/Texas A&M in the Independence.
Oklahoma/Stanford in the Sun.
Ole Miss/Oklahoma State in the Cotton.

Originally Posted by DLo13

pimp.gif

AJ Green is about to have a career game with our secondary...

I do like the fact that Georgia will be preparing its defense with three less coaches than usual, though.

And here's a little bit more on the Corey Nelson front, Gunna:
Added Sunday: The Aggies also have an in-home on Sunday night with linebacker commit Corey Nelson. Though Nelson has been talking about taking other official visits, he is sticking to what he said when he committed...he just wants to take some trips. He has initiated phone calls to the A&M staff every single day this week. That's definitely a good sign for the Aggies.

DLo13 wrote:.

Easy pass not going to that one. Oh well I get to save some money and every time I travel to watch the Dawgs they lose anyway. Should be adecent matchup though but honestly UGA will be disappointed going to Shreveport and may show up flat. CMR should use it as motivation for next year. "See this is what 7-5 gets you."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yes, its the scoreboard clock. The refs synch up the clocks, that's why sometimes the refs will say "please set the game clock to so & so"

yea hearing that time and time again made me think of it.. but you know sometimes they will be off.. so I was just making sure the clock we seen on ABC was infact the same thing the refs were lookign at during the review..

^Yep
[h2]Gator Bowl will be Bowden's last game[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Bobby Bowden will coach his final game at Florida State in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day.

Bowl officials said Sunday that Florida State will play West Virginia, the school Bowden left in 1976 to come to Florida State. The Seminoles began their 28-year streak of bowl games in 1982 when they defeated the Mountaineers 32-12 at the Gator Bowl.

Under normal circumstances, Florida State would have likely fallen to a lower bowl with its 6-6 record, but the possibility of keeping Bowden in Florida for his final game matched against his former school was too much for the Gator Bowl to ignore.

The 80-year-old Bowden announced Tuesday that he would retire after the Seminoles' bowl game. Florida State is 5-0-1 in the Gator Bowl, including two wins over West Virginia.

Gator Bowl chairman Dan Murphy said they immediately jumped to Florida State when they learned of Bowden's plans to retire.

"We got excited when we knew we could possibly pick Florida State," Murphy said. "We couldn't think of a better way for coach Bowden to go out."

He said bowl officials expect tickets sales "to go through the roof."

West Virginia (9-3) finished with wins over Pittsburgh and Rutgers while Florida State was defeated 37-10 in its season finale at Florida.

"I've seen West Virginia play two or three time times this season and I'm very impressed with them," Bowden said in a statement.

"It's probably the best thing that's happened to us all week," Florida State athletic director Randy Spetman said. "We can celebrate coach Bowden's last game with all our fans."

Although he said he wanted to come back for a final year in 2010, Bowden chose to call it a career after reviewing the parameters the school sought to have him work within next year -- namely defer much of his responsibility to coach-in-waiting Jimbo Fisher.

Forty-two of Bowden's 388 career wins came at West Virginia between 1970-1975. He was West Virginia's offensive coordinator for four seasons before becoming the coach.

Bowden took over a moribund Florida State program in 1976 that had won a total of four games in the previous three seasons and immediately turned in around.

The Seminoles won their last three games to finish 5-6 in Bowden's inaugural year and haven't had a losing season since, although a loss to the Mountaineers would snap that 32-year run.

Nevermind...Duke got a commit from a different Matt James.

Not the 4* OL from Ohio that is down to Ohio State, Cincy, and Notre Dame.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Man TCU vs. Boise? *@!% that.. Nobody wants to see that...
Shame on that committee.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
...If I was TCU, I'd be %$+#*@# pissed.
smh.gif
TCU/Florida would havebeen.
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Man TCU vs. Boise? *@!% that.. Nobody wants to see that...

this is all 100% an attempt to keep the BCS teams looking good. They can live with one undefeated non-BCS team who wins a BCS bowl, but if there'stwo...that means the system needs to be changed

Was I the only one that expected more out of Deonte Thompson this year? Just seemed like Tebow had better chemistry with Nelson/Cooper and trusted them more.

Speaking of Gators football Will Hill has all the talent in the world but I don't think safety is the right position for him. Kid's a playmaker.

Haden improved the most I've seen for a corner in recent years...Jenkins regressed unfortunately.

And who's the favorite for Joyner - O$U or FSU??

Don't even start on Thompson
smh.gif
dude was garbage all year and had the nerve to complain about his role.

Hopefully Debose gets healthy, Hines looks promising, maybe Carl Moore will be healthy.

Replacing Hernadez is gonna be tough.

Bama isn't going anywhere either, Gators have to play them after the UT game next year.

Back
Top Bottom