09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

vols-hostesses-p1.jpg

Tennessee football recruits Corey Miller (80) and Brandon Willis pose with Tennessee recruiting hostesses Dahra Johnson (left) and Lacey Earps after a game at Byrnes High in Duncan, S.C., on Sept. 25.

[h1]Recruiter at Tennessee Scrutinized by the SEC[/h1]By PETE THAMEL

Published: December 11, 2009

The Southeastern Conference is examining a new issue involving Tennessee's football recruiting, Mike Hamilton, the university's athletic director, saidFriday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/s...ennessee.html?_r=4&ref=sports#secondParagraph
The football recruits Corey Miller, left, and Brandon Willis with two University of Tennessee student hostesses after a high school game in South Carolina on Sept. 25. Recruits have said that N.C.A.A. investigators asked about hostesses' activities.
articleInline.jpg

http://
Hamilton said in a telephone interview that the SEC was looking into the actions of a Tennessee recruiting intern, Steve Rubio, who flew to South Floridawith Coach Lane Kiffin recently and visited the athletic powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale.

Under N.C.A.A. rules, Rubio, who graduated from Aquinas and volunteered there, is not allowedto recruit off the Tennessee campus. Hamilton said the concern was whether Rubio did recruiting work and contacted players while he was at the high school.

Hamilton said it was his understanding that Rubio did not recruit at the high school. Hamilton said Tennessee had given the SEC all the information theconference has requested. Whether to forward the matter to the N.C.A.A., Hamilton said, was "for someone else to make that determination."

News of the latest recruiting problem came on a day when SI.com published a photograph of two Tennessee recruits, Brandon Willis and Corey Miller of James F. Byrnes HighSchool in Duncan, S.C., with two hostesses from Tennessee's Orange Pride group. Also on Friday, a summer basketball coach from Memphis called the Tennesseerecruiting hostess program the most "orchestrated and aggressive" he had seen in 28 years on the recruiting circuit.

The SI.com photo confirmed the presence of the hostesses at a high school game and illustrated their purpose inattending it. They held a sign that read, "Miller and Willis Have Our Hearts."

Gary Willis, Brandon's father, said on Tuesday that his son had had no contact with the hostesses, although running back Marcus Lattimore, who alsoplays at Byrnes, said in an interview that the players had been expecting the hostesses.

As the N.C.A.A. examines the matter, it is likely to focus on whether it can prove that the Tennessee coaching staff sent the hostesses to the high schoolspecifically to recruit. While their presence would most likely be considered a violation, its severity would probably be determined by the extent of thecoaches' knowledge. "I don't want to talk about that," Gary Willis said on Friday. "Let the N.C.A.A. do what they're going todo."

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that the recruiting hostesses traveled nearly 200 miles to attend the game played by Willis, Miller and Lattimore.The N.C.A.A. is examining Tennessee's hostess program in a review that has covered at least six prospects, including Miller, Willis and Lattimore.Tennessee has yet to receive a formal letter of inquiry from the N.C.A.A.

"I'm not at liberty to talk about the issue of Orange Pride," Hamilton said Friday night. Kiffin declined to comment through a universityspokesman.

Also on Friday, Keith Easterwood, a veteran summer basketball coach, said that on a visit last year with his son, a football recruit, he had to ask ahostess to stop brushing her breasts against both him and his son.

He recalled saying, "Young lady, if you don't stop doing that, we've got a problem."

Easterwood said that he took a group of basketball players to a Western Kentucky football game at Tennessee this year, and that the presence of thehostesses had his players "literally reduced to blubbering idiots."

"I've been up there five times, four for football and one basketball visit," Easterwood said. "My observation is that this is a veryorganized operation. These girls have obviously been groomed. There's a lot of eye contact and touching."

The inquiries are creating problems for Tennessee, but Hamilton said that was part of having a successful yet controversial coach like Kiffin.

"It's like any situation as an institution - you're always concerned about an institution's public relations and integrity," he said."We're always evaluating those things."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this dude Pete is really tryin too hard.

the STA grad is there to bring CLK to admins and coaches and rub elbows make connects. Eddie Gran is no longer there, who better to bring to meet the hgher upsthan an Alum

laugh.gif
rubbin breasts , when I first read that I was on a Miami website earlier today and thought it was a joke.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"blubbering idiots""theres a lot of eye contact and touching"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
where do they find these Recluses...

wait thats Easterwood the AAU coach... the one with Nike Money faucet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Ohh

That Kansas thing is NOT true.Kansas AD confirmed no talks between him and harbaugh.Inside sources at Stanford are saying Harbaugh will be eigning with Stanford by Monday.got this from Scout.

604nile.jpg

Yup. I think Jimmy is gonna chase the money. I wouldn't because he has Luck who is a stud and Skov is a beats at LB. I don't know if Kansas has anybodywith the upside of those 2. Plus, he is in Cali with a massive talent pool to dig from. I don't care if they are #5 in the state or whatever they talent isstill huge

Ya'll are CRAZY thinking Harbaugh will leave Stanford... FOR KANSAS?!? That's not even an upgrade.

I was reading an article this morning. STA only had like 15yds of offense the first half and Joyner had 2 fumbles.
Bad karma LJ, bad karma (
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by DLo13

I don't know what to do today.
embarassed.gif

Gonna go see a 12:30 movie, I think.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

i dont know what to do with my day now.

its normally spent watching CFB from 12 -11.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

UA just got Dexter Ransom. Was the no. 1 JUCO player before tearing his ACL this season. He should be ready for fall camp though.
I thought he SHREDDED his knee and wasn't sure if he'd even be ready?

He looks pretty damn good, but that seems like a hell of a risk to take for a kid that won't even have a redshirt year..
He said he tore it mid-season, and will definitely be ready for fall camp. We have some good depth at receiver, and if Gronkowski comes back(which I expect he will) then
eek.gif
sick.gif

I'm excited about Ransom though. If we get Victor Dean too
eek.gif

Boring day without College Football. My Saturday usually starts with Gameday @ 9 and ends with College Football Final @ midnight or so
tired.gif

Ive read that Gonzalez was let go from UF because he knew of the gathering where Dunlap was piss drunk and got his DUI, and didn't make sure the playersgot home safely (it was Steven Wilks 21st BDay party)

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Saturdays suck now.

Especially in Oregon, where the weather sucks so bad this time of year that there isn't $!$% else to do
smh.gif

Tell me about it... single digit temperatures the last week and freezing rain last night and this morning. Need to knock out some yard work, but that %@$#ain't happening.

Everybody all bummed about Satuday's now.

Guess im the only one who enjoys Saturday CBB just as much as CFB..

ohwell.gif

Our flag fball started up today so Im good
pimp.gif

Saturday, Dec. 19
New Mexico Bowl
At Albuquerque
Wyoming (6-6) vs. Fresno State (8-4), 2:30 p.m. (ESPN)
St. Petersburg (Fla.) Bowl
Rutgers (8-4) vs. UCF (8-4), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Sunday, Dec. 20
New Orleans Bowl
Southern Miss. (7-5) vs. Middle Tennessee (9-3), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Tuesday, Dec. 22
Las Vegas Bowl
BYU (10-2) vs. Oregon State (8-4), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Wednesday, Dec. 23
Poinsettia Bowl
At San Diego
Utah (9-3) vs. California (8-4), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Thursday, Dec. 24
Hawaii Bowl
At Honolulu
SMU (7-5) vs. Nevada (8-4), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Saturday, Dec. 26
Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
At Detroit
Ohio (9-4) vs. Marshall (6-6), 1 p.m. (ESPN)
Meineke Bowl
At Charlotte, N.C.
North Carolina (8-4) vs. Pittsburgh (9-3), 4 p.m. (ESPN)
Emerald Bowl
At San Francisco
Southern Cal (8-4) vs. Boston College (8-4), 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Sunday, Dec. 27
Music City Bowl
At Nashville, Tenn.
Clemson (8-5) vs. Kentucky (7-5), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Monday, Dec. 28
Independence Bowl
At Shreveport, La.
Texas A&M (6-6) vs. Georgia (7-5), 5 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Tuesday, Dec. 29
EagleBank Bowl
At Washington
Temple (9-3) vs. UCLA (6-6), 4:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Champs Sports Bowl
At Orlando, Fla.
Miami (9-3) vs. Wisconsin (9-3), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Wednesday, Dec. 30
Humanitarian Bowl
At Boise, Idaho
Bowling Green (7-5) vs. Idaho (7-5), 4:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Holiday Bowl
At San Diego
Nebraska (9-4) vs. Arizona (8-4), 8 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Thursday, Dec. 31
Sun Bowl
At El Paso, Texas
Stanford (8-4) vs. Oklahoma (7-5), Noon (CBS)
Armed Forces Bowl
At Fort Worth, Texas
Air Force (7-5) vs. Houston (10-3), Noon (ESPN)
Texas Bowl
At Houston
Missouri (8-4) vs. Navy (8-4), 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Insight Bowl
At Tempe, Ariz.
Minnesota (6-6) vs. Iowa State (6-6), 5 p.m. (NFL)
Chick-fil-A Bowl
At Atlanta
Virginia Tech (9-3) vs. Tennessee (7-5), 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Friday, Jan. 1
Outback Bowl
At Tampa, Fla.
Northwestern (8-4) vs. Auburn (7-5), 11 a.m. (ESPN)
Capital One Bowl
At Orlando, Fla.
Penn State (10-2) vs. LSU (9-3), 1 p.m. (ABC)
Gator Bowl
At Jacksonville, Fla.
Florida State (6-6) vs. West Virginia (9-3), 1 p.m. (CBS)
Rose Bowl
At Pasadena, Calif.
Ohio State (10-2) vs. Oregon (10-2), 5 p.m. (ABC)
Sugar Bowl
At New Orleans
Florida (12-1) vs. Cincinnati (12-0), 8:30 p.m. (FOX)
------
Saturday, Jan. 2
International Bowl
At Toronto
South Florida (7-5) vs. Northern Illinois (7-5), Noon (ESPN2)
Cotton Bowl
At Dallas
Oklahoma State (9-3) vs. Mississippi (8-4), 2 p.m. (FOX)
PapaJohns.com Bowl
At Birmingham, Ala.
Connecticut (7-5) vs. South Carolina (7-5), 2 p.m. (ESPN)
Liberty Bowl
At Memphis, Tenn.
East Carolina (9-4) vs. Arkansas (7-5), 5:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Alamo Bowl
At San Antonio
Michigan State (6-6) vs. Texas Tech (8-4), 9 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Monday, Jan. 4
Fiesta Bowl
At Glendale, Ariz.
Boise State (13-0) vs. TCU (12-0), 8 p.m. (FOX)
------
Tuesday, Jan. 5
Orange Bowl
At Miami
Iowa (10-2) vs. Georgia Tech (11-2), 8 p.m. (FOX)
------
Wednesday, Jan. 6
GMAC Bowl
Mobile, Ala.
Central Michigan (11-2) vs. Troy (9-3), 7 p.m. (ESPN)
------
Thursday, Jan. 7
BCS National Championship
At Pasadena, Calif.
Alabama (13-0) vs. Texas (13-0), 8 p.m. (ABC)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

You all aint watchin ARMY VS NAVY???
Word. It's one of the better rivalries out there but Navy is probably gonna run all over them. Ricky Dobbs is the goods.
pimp.gif

^Just ask IYE2 (no shots)
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

navy better win this +%!$
You got $ on them? Or do you not want Army bowl eligible? My prediction looks pretty bad right now...Navy stays shooting themselves in the foot.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom