09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

im not sure if MD would go to the big east with there bball program having alot of ACC history

if im the big east i would do everything to get ND in the there.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im not sure if MD would go to the big east with there bball program having alot of ACC history

ND won't go for it and the UMD ACC deal is up in 2015.

They're doing everything right so far. I have to believe Penn St is gonna be watching very closely.

Mike, my dude, that article was about the Big 10 (11), not the Big East. I'm ALL for adding that 12th team.
pimp.gif
Just wonder how they're gonna still call it the Big Ten and how they'regonna make that "11" look like a "12".
laugh.gif

Dre, you happy with that hire?

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

where are yall seeing Orgeron rumors?

It's been rumors around SC for over a week now.

Yeah whether it will materalize I don't know, but Pete's definitely been back in contact with Ed O.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Stafon to the league.
"Talked" to Stafon, he doesn't feel like he'll get a fair shot next year coming off the injury with McKnight and Bradford coming back
ohwell.gif

He's hoping someone takes a chance, like Willis McGahee (Sp).

The rumor is Stafon is going the lawsuit route. You hear anything on that?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Stoops to FSU official?
'Sources' claiming it's done.

Nothing official yet.

Updated: December 11, 2009, 6:50 PM ET

[h2]Source: Mark Stoops hired at Florida St.[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Heather Dinich
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida State has hired Arizona defensive coordinator Mark Stoops as its next defensive coordinator, according to a source close to the hiring process.

[h4]ACC blog[/h4]
dinich_heather_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Heather Dinich writes about all things ACC in her conference blog.

Blog network:
College Football Nation

Stoops will replace longtime defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews, who announced his retirement earlier this season after 26 years. Stoops is the first hand-picked coordinator by Jimbo Fisher, who will replace legendary coach Bobby Bowden following the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl.

Stoops, a native of Youngstown, Ohio, was also a top candidate for the head coaching job at Youngstown State. Details of his contract at FSU were not immediately available. Stoops was defensive backs coach at Miami from 2001-2003 before joining his brother Mike's staff at Arizona for the 2004 season.

Stoops joins Tennessee running backs/special teams coach Eddie Gran as Fisher's first two hires.

Fisher has already told four members of the staff they will not be retained: Defensive ends coach Jody Allen, running backs coach Dexter Carter, linebackers coach Chuck Amato and strength coach Todd Stroud. Offensive line coach Rick Trickett interviewed earlier Friday for the head coaching job at Marshall.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Mike, my dude, that article was about the Big 10 (11), not the Big East. I'm ALL for adding that 12th team.
pimp.gif
Just wonder how they're gonna still call it the Big Ten and how they're gonna make that "11" look like a "12".
laugh.gif
people have been rumoring that the big east will push for maryland when their contract is up for a while. he was referring to the statement"the big east will make a push for them as well."

Good luck to Mark.

UA just got Dexter Ransom. Was the no. 1 JUCO player before tearing his ACL this season. He should be ready for fall camp though.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

pimp.gif
Just wonder how they're gonna still call it the Big Ten and how they're gonna make that "11" look like a "12".
laugh.gif
people have been rumoring that the big east will push for maryland when their contract is up for a while. he was referring to the statement "the big east will make a push for them as well."
When is the contract up?

2 Sources have told 610 Sports Radio that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Stanford Coach Jim Harbaugh will fly to Lawrence following Saturday's Heisman Trophy Ceremony to accept the deal to be the new Kansas Head Coach. He's expected to have an annual salary of $2.7 million a year.

Link

Really surprised Harbaugh would go to Kansas. He has/had a good thing going at Stanford. Football will always take a backseat to BBall in Lawrence. I thoughthe would wait another year until Michigan canned RR.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

2 Sources have told 610 Sports Radio that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, Stanford Coach Jim Harbaugh will fly to Lawrence following Saturday's Heisman Trophy Ceremony to accept the deal to be the new Kansas Head Coach. He's expected to have an annual salary of $2.7 million a year.

Link

How much was he getting payed at Stanford? This is odd to me...this seems like more of a lateral move than a vertical one *pause*. Especiallywith Andrew Luck on the rise...Dude can do MUCH better than Kansas IMO.

EDIT: ^Harbaugh burned a ton of bridges in Ann Arbor when he publicly called out the school/players for academic standards and some other $!++. Mike Hart wentoff on him.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

A LOT of people in AA don't care for him anymore/want him anywhere near the program. There is also the other side who prefer "Michigan Men" whostill want him though. Hipefully Rich Rod can right the ship (which I think he can if given time), but we'll see...Personally, I'd love Harbaugh ifRRod fails/gets the axe.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Leaving Stanford for Kansas?

I don't get it. And yes I know about the academic hurdles for Stanford.
Stanford seemed to have a good thing going too and its not like Kansas is a huge step-up.

What the hell is the story behind Jimmy in the KU sweats cuddling with that chick?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I've seen that pic before.
laugh.gif

Rumors that Toney Hurd could be switching his commitment from Notre Dame to Texas A&M this weekend...

Back
Top Bottom