09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Jeff Quinn will be Buffalo's new football coach following the departure of Turner Gill.

Quinn's hiring was announced by the school Sunday, but he will remain as Cincinnati's interim coach until after the Bearcats play Florida in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1.

With 27 years of college coaching experience, Quinn returns to the Mid-American Conference, where he previously served as offensive coordinator at Central Michigan.

The Bulls program was much improved during the four years Gill spent there before leaving last week to take over the top job at Kansas.

Gill went 20-30 at Buffalo and led the Bulls to their first conference championship and bowl game last year.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Honestly, I think this SO class of Wrs might be one of the more impressive ones I have seen. Its kinda deep when I would take Juio 5th out of them. AJ, Dre, Baldwin and Floyd all before Baldy Jones.
I'd throw Broyles in there too.

Gimme

1 AJ
2a FLoyd
2b Broyles
4 DeAndre
5a Julio
5b Baldwin

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Honestly, I think this SO class of Wrs might be one of the more impressive ones I have seen. Its kinda deep when I would take Juio 5th out of them. AJ, Dre, Baldwin and Floyd all before Baldy Jones.
I'd throw Broyles in there too.

Gimme

1 AJ
2a FLoyd
2b Broyles
4 DeAndre
5a Julio
5b Baldwin
Donovan Varner from Duke put up #'s this year too.

I was dissapointed in Malcolm Williams from UT this year. I thought he would put up numbers this year to co-exist w/ Shipley. Like Quan did last year.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Julio isn't even the best sophomore WR in his state

Preston Parker > Julio

Word
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

December 21, 2009
[h1]Knights hit the jackpot[/h1]
Brandon Helwig
UCFSports.com

Related Links:
Photos from every UCF game

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
Christmas came early for UCF fans as three of the nation's top-rated prospects say they plan to wear the Black & Gold next year.

The Miami-Central "trio" of quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey, wide receiver Joshua Reese and cornerback Jammal McClain each announced their commitments to UCF Sunday night.

Rivals.com rates Godfrey as the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the nation. Reese is a four-star prospect and the No. 20 rated wide receiver. They were all recruited to UCF by assistant head coach and wide receivers coach David Kelly.

Godfrey passed for more than 3,000 yards and 43 touchdowns this past season, which eclipsed county records previously held by current University of Miami quarterback Jacory Harris.

[table][tr][td]
JEFFREYGODFREY11_1200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jeffrey Godfrey will be at UCF this spring to compete for the starting quarterback job.[/td] [/tr][/table]He called earlier reports of a "commitment" to USF erroneous and wanted to set the record straight that he's actually committed to UCF where he's making preparations to enroll in January. He's excited that he'll be able to participate in spring practice and compete for the Knights' wide-open quarterback position.

"We want to come in and make an impact," Godfrey said. "We also want to get our education and get our degree. We see that we can come in and help to change the program around and help the players that are already there. We want to come in and do a great job, all three of us. We want to do great things at the University of Central Florida."

Godfrey also had offers from Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee and countless others.

Reese, who was also offered by Florida and Florida State, said they all wanted to go somewhere together where they could make an early impact.

"I kind of had a feeling it would be UCF or South Florida," Reese said. "I was thinking West Virginia or Tennessee also, but I didn't want to go too far. I didn't want to go to UM because they're stacked with receivers right now. At Florida they've got Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey so next year they're going to be running the ball a whole lot. I want to come in and play now. Talking to Coach (David) Kelly and my coach, he was telling me it would be a good move.

"They're similar to our offense and they're trying to throw the ball more. They need a couple things to get everything right. Yeah, I can make that happen. Over time, watching the games and talking to Jeff, he was like, 'Yeah, we can get in there and change some things. They just need some key guys to bring them up.' I was like, yeah, we can get in there and compete anywhere we go, but we can come in and have a chance to start our first year at UCF."

McClain is flying under the radar and his situation is similar to the recruitment of Kemal Ishmael, whom UCF signed last year out of North Miami Beach. Schools were just beginning to offer McClain after a standout season at Miami-Central. Prior to his senior year he had attended Hialeah where he was a wide receiver.

"We talk every day and we work every day," McClain said. "We're going to be together for another four years and we're always talking about stuff in class. We talk about the things we want to do and what we want to accomplish when we get there. We're trying to put UCF on the map and get the name out there. That's what we want to do."

UCF also continues to recruit a fourth Miami-Central player, running back Brandon Gainer, who has yet to make a decision.

Stay tuned to UCFSports.com for complete coverage of the commitments, including in-depth interviews with all three prospects.

Wow.

That's big for UCF. Esp. if they can land Gainer.

I thought Godfrey committed to USF though.

[table][tr][td]Robey's not completely done�
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
761605.jpg

[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Chad Simmons

South Recruiting Manager
Posted Dec 21, 2009
[/td] [td]
703194.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

FROSTPROOF, Fla. - What is the latest on this Georgia commitment? He has now set up a new official visit, so how solid is he to the Dawgs? Get the latest here.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Nickell Robey is a four-star athlete out of Frostproof (FL) and he committed to the University of Georgia earlier this fall.
He made his decision before Mark Richt made coaching changes and that has affected Robey.

Willie Martinez was not only his recruiting coach, but he was the coach that was set to coach him at corner and manage how he fit into his defensive scheme.

Since Martinez was let go, Robey has looked around and he is now considering South Florida, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

He has visited Knoxville and after he visited Georgia on the weekend of December 12, he seemed set to sign with the Dawgs. In recent days he has set up an official visit to West Virginia on the weekend of January 22.

The playmaker out of the small town of Frostproof took the time to talk with Scout about his commitment, where exactly he stands in that, what Mark Richt talked to him about during his visit, how important the new secondary coach will be, and a lot more here in this exclusive interview.
[table][tr][td] http://media.scout.com/me...a/_network/css/h6bg.gif) repeat-x scroll left bottom; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;"> [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

FWIW, someone on an Arizona board said that they'll be getting new Unis next year. Anybody know what other schools could/will be getting pro combatuniforms?

Arizona's gonna be wearing all white helmets, with white facemasks and chin straps in the Holiday Bowl. Stormtrooper status
pimp.gif

Just need to get Marquis Flowers locked up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Arizona's gonna be wearing all white helmets, with white facemasks and chin straps in the Holiday Bowl. Stormtrooper status
pimp.gif
If that's with white top/bottom/kicks, that is gonna be a sick look.
pimp.gif

Might have to change my pick...
grin.gif

I wish Michigan was still with Nike.
smh.gif
smh.gif
...Adidas is TRASH status for everything besides soccer...

Lemonier according to Calvin Smith is down to Auburn or Miami

Dude told think of Leonard Little at UT and thats how Lemonier plays. *stephon Marbury Stank face*
sick.gif

I wish Michigan was still with Nike.
smh.gif
smh.gif
...Adidas is TRASH status for everything besides soccer...

what difference does it make what who Michigan is with? there jersey is going to stay the same

Michigan's Adidas Jerseys are definitely different from the Nike ones.

The Adidas jerseys have the yellow piping and the yellow stripe on the side of the whites, off the top of my head.

Michigan's whites look like WVU's whites.

Exactly dre, not to mention all Adidas football gear BLOWS as far as performance goes (cleats, gloves, etc.)...Not only does it look much worse, it islegitimately an inferior product.

Nike changed the away jerseys with a thin yellow piping that you could barely see right before we left for Adidas:
2ly0sns.jpg

Adidas then went all out with it and it looks atrocious:
2hf8f7p.jpg

They need to go back to the basic white top with the block "M" on each side of the shoulder pads for the aways:
3509ojc.jpg

EDIT: Mike, you were partially right though...You can't really mess up the best home unis incollege football.
pimp.gif
wink.gif

UT had them route running machines last year in Shipley, Cosby and Collins. Problem is now is Shipley open up everything for every other receiver. Buckner wassolid this year but I think they missed Collins underneath pass catching. Malcolm Williams came in with those Roy Williams comparisons and he can't getopen.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

pimp.gif

They should have never changed their helmet color....

display_image.jpg

pimp.gif

l94673-100.jpg

One red stripe, one blue stripe
pimp.gif

Stoops is recruiting his %$$ off right now
pimp.gif
2nd in the Pac 10
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Kirifi Taula chooses UA
[h1]Kirifi Taula chooses UA[/h1]
Josh Gershon
GOAZCATS.com Senior Editor

Related Links:
Kirifi Taula Video

Talk about it in Premium Stoops Suite: Building the Tradition
Arizona's 2010 recruiting class is now up to 20, with the Wildcats picking up highly touted Anaheim (Calif.) Servite defensive tackle Kirifi Taula.

[table][tr][td]
KIRIFITAULA4_22200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kirifi Taula chose Arizona.[/td] [/tr][/table]The three-star prospect committed to Arizona, ending a recruiting process that saw him pick up scholarship offers from Arizona State, Nebraska, Oregon State, UCLA and Washington, amongst others.

"I committed to Arizona," Taula said. "It's an uphill program, my parents really like the coaching staff, I really wanted to go there, they recruited my really hard, it feels like home over there and it just clicked for me. I really like them."

The Wildcats' 2nd place finish in the Pac-10 was a factor in Taula's commitment, as he said he's confident in the direction of the program.

"They did really good this year, finishing 2nd in the Pac-10 and playing against Nebraska (in the Holiday Bowl). The program is definitely going in the right direction," Taula said. "It's an up and coming program," he said.

With UA losing two starters at defensive tackle, Taula sees the opportunity to come into Tucson and make an early impact.

"I'm just going to go and help out," he said. "Football is a team sport and I plan on coming out there and helping the team. I feel like Arizona really wanted me and it's a program where I could go there and make an impact."

Taula was recruited to UA by recruiting coach Garret Chachere and his position coach Mike Tuiasosopo. He's enjoyed getting to know both of them throughout the recruiting process.

"Coach Chachere and coach Mike Tuiasosopoare are both really honest with me," Taula said. "Coach Tuiasosopo has a really good connection with my parents. They feel like he'll watch over me in college."

Taula took an unofficial visit to UA in February and will officially visit the school on Jan. 22. He's happy to get his recruiting process finally over with.

"It's a lot of pressure off of me and now I can just focus on my school career and getting my classes ready," Taula said.

he was a silent to UCLA for while then his grades came in and was told he wouldn't make it in

they say kid has talent tho

EDIT

when is zona rated with the 2nd best class in the pac-10 at?

everywhere i see its

USC
UCLA
UW
Stanford
cal

Back
Top Bottom