09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Xavier Grimble is 100% SC, he just cancelled his visit to UCLA.

Chow is not on yet but he's deep in the talks and are sorting out the details

Dat Nguyen rumored to LB coach.

If you're a person that does not have integrity, that doesn't play by the rules, that doesn't put other people first, that cheats ... that doesn't necessarily play by the rules, then I think at the end of the day, you're gonna struggle emotionally," - Jim Mora on the hiring of Pete Carroll as the HC for Seattle, January 12, 2010

roll.gif
roll.gif

chow is in florida and USC is offering him a contract, he is saying no for now

It's rumored that Tim DeRuyter has been offered the DC job at A&M...if he declines, A&M will most likely offer Justin Wilcox.

Im willing to bet Pete had a hand in all this coming together so USC could cushion the blow to things going on at SC.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Aaron, did u catch Bomani's new show. Monday on Gilbert Arenas was awesome
laugh.gif

Pat Forde has always hated CLK, and now he's letting it all out
laugh.gif

naw, i missed it...his time slot doesn't really work for me right now...podcast?

typical Forde, dude let UK/Cal have it too when Cal was hired.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Statis22

And word is SC about to hire Dat Nyugen for the linebackers.
laugh.gif

From what I've heard, Sherman tried to do that and Dat straight up told him "No."
laugh.gif
God damn you, Mike Sherman...

Im willing to bet Pete had a hand in all this coming together so USC could cushion the blow to things going on at SC.
Youre giving PC too much credit,

CLK was their 4th or 5th choice

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Youre giving PC too much credit,

CLK was their 4th or 5th choice

Not true, Pete along with the top SC boosters, Pat Haden, Jerry Buss, Ed Roski, and Bradley Hughes, all were involved with the search. Pete even said yesterdaythat the new coach would be announced in a matter of days. He definitely knew what was going on. Mike Garrett was just a figurehead. He's getting the bootwhen SC Pres. Steven Sample is out this year.

Also, CLK wasn't the 4th or 5th choice. Details are coming out that Jack Del Rio, Fisher, etc. were never offered. It was Riley and Gruden.

Now hearing Muschamp told somebody reporting for a Texas site "Why would I leave now for a job I could have had a year ago?"

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait.....

Wait....

Wait...

You guys are *****ing 'cause Coach O was texting dudes during a "dead" period.

What about all the post in this same thread when Pete Carroll bounced?

Urban Meyer calling Baxter.

Rich Rod calling Baxter.

Prater getting calls from ND, Florida, Illinois, UCLA.

Grimble now leaning towards UCLA

Now it's Kiffin and it's dirty.

All Gator fans throwing their salt as if Urban is luring all these recruits by promising Bible lessons with Tim Tebow.

@!*$ outta here. College Football is a dirty game.

I butt heads with Gunna, but he is the only one making sense in all this and his squad is the one getting screwed at the moment. 2 days ago it was us that was getting the KY Jelly treatment when Pete Carroll took off and decided to take Norton.

"If it was my kids I wouldn't let them go to USC or play for Kiffin"
roll.gif
biggest crock of #+@! I've seen posted.

Gator fans talking about Kiffin being dirty, like their drama queen coach and his resignation due to "stress and health reasons" and then seeing his recruits waver so he makes it a LOA and still grinding out there.

I feel for TN fans, we were on that boat on Friday. It sucks but I'm sure they've already prepared to replace CLK, just like we replaced Pete.
Right on brother. All ya' other cats are just talking gibberish
laugh.gif

I hope its CWM or Petersen

I'd be content with Edsell

I'd absolutely prefer a NFL guy who brings in a sick recruiter (Rod gardner)

Originally Posted by RoOk

Any word on Dillon Baxter yet?
This is straight from the Michigan insiders board on Scout from before CLK was hired:
Baxter.....
1. He is visiting Oregon this weekend...They said he can come in to play QB (That is what they are telling him anyway)....Dillon seems to be real excited about this...
2. BTW Florida is also telling him that he can come in and play QB....With Tebow leaving Meyer is dangling that open QB spot it seems here...
3. After his Oregon visit Dillon and his step dad will meet USC and the new coaches (my source still believes USC will have new staff announced this week)....Dillon's step dad shared that the USC hire(s) could be real important in this recruitment so keep eye on this....

Honestly, I think Lane being hired might take USC out of the picture all together (I could be way off here, but who knows)...

He was absolutely FURIOUS/HEARTBROKEN when Petey ditched him/betrayed him. Gunna said CLK was trying to get in on the action after the PC news while still atUTk.

Why in the world would this kid (who seems pretty smart) want to play for a man who JUST DID what PC did to him? I mean this dude just learned an extremelyhard lesson about loyalty/trust from PC (said he lied to his own face and family in his living room). If I was him, I'd be extremely cautious aboutplaying/committing to this dude.

(and I'm not just saying that as a UofM fan...that exact %@*+ is probably going through his head right now)...

It's hard for Michigan right now because of the dead period and because he's already taken his official here. Anyways, I'm not holding my breathregarding Bax.

And I'm glad USC is your "main" team and not Michigan...

nerd.gif
Mamba MVP wrote:

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait.....

Wait....

Wait...

You guys are *****ing 'cause Coach O was texting dudes during a "dead" period.

What about all the post in this same thread when Pete Carroll bounced?

Urban Meyer calling Baxter.

Rich Rod calling Baxter.

Prater getting calls from ND, Florida, Illinois, UCLA.

Grimble now leaning towards UCLA

Now it's Kiffin and it's dirty.

All Gator fans throwing their salt as if Urban is luring all these recruits by promising Bible lessons with Tim Tebow.

@!*$ outta here. College Football is a dirty game.

I butt heads with Gunna, but he is the only one making sense in all this and his squad is the one getting screwed at the moment. 2 days ago it was us that was getting the KY Jelly treatment when Pete Carroll took off and decided to take Norton.

"If it was my kids I wouldn't let them go to USC or play for Kiffin"
roll.gif
biggest crock of #+@! I've seen posted.

Gator fans talking about Kiffin being dirty, like their drama queen coach and his resignation due to "stress and health reasons" and then seeing his recruits waver so he makes it a LOA and still grinding out there.

I feel for TN fans, we were on that boat on Friday. It sucks but I'm sure they've already prepared to replace CLK, just like we replaced Pete.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

I'm far from mad
laugh.gif

I'm just calling you suckers like I see 'em.

Bunch of Gator, Hurricane and Michigan fans crying about what SC is doing.

When are you transferring to Alabama?
nerd.gif

RoOk wrote:
Any word on Dillon Baxter yet?

This is straight from the Michigan insiders board on Scout from before CLK was hired:
Baxter.....
1. He is visiting Oregon this weekend...They said he can come in to play QB (That is what they are telling him anyway)....Dillon seems to be real excited about this...
2. BTW Florida is also telling him that he can come in and play QB....With Tebow leaving Meyer is dangling that open QB spot it seems here...
3. After his Oregon visit Dillon and his step dad will meet USC and the new coaches (my source still believes USC will have new staff announced this week)....Dillon's step dad shared that the USC hire(s) could be real important in this recruitment so keep eye on this....

Honestly, I think Lane being hired might take USC out of the picture all together (I could be way off here, but who knows)...

He was absolutely FURIOUS/HEARTBROKEN when Petey ditched him/betrayed him. Gunna said CLK was trying to get in on the action after the PC news while still at UTk.

Why in the world would this kid (who seems pretty smart) want to play for a man who JUST DID what PC did to him? I mean this dude just learned an extremely hard lesson about loyalty/trust from PC (said he lied to his own face and family in his living room). If I was him, I'd be extremely cautious about playing/committing to this dude.

(and I'm not just saying that as a UofM fan...that exact %@*+ is probably going through his head right now)...

It's hard for Michigan right now because of the dead period and because he's already taken his official here. Anyways, I'm not holding my breath regarding Bax.

And I'm glad USC is your "main" team and not Michigan...

Look I'm going to help you because you clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about in regards to Baxter.

Baxter has been wanting to be a Trojan his entire life.

He was pissed at Pete for leaving, essentially lying to him that he was going to stick around.

Lane Kiffin is COMING BACK to SC, where HE WANTS TO BE. Just sayin', he is not ditching this job anytime soon, it's his "dream job". Theonly reason he left Tennessee is because USC was on the other end of the line.

Second, you talk about Lane doing what Pete did? huh

You tellin' me Lane isn't going to shove the Rich Rod vs. WVU saga....
laugh.gif
How loyal is Rich Rod when he bounced on his alma mater to take the $$$ from Michigan.

Again, ya'll are talking reckless. Furthermore that update you are quoting is before the Kiffin hiring was announced.

Back
Top Bottom