09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

have yall not been reading my updates about UT's Eary Enrollees & Coach O...

if the kids havent been to class, they can still switch even if classes have begun

I don't remember a time where the college fball thread was jumping off like this in a matter of hours.

Everybody wanna come at lane/gunna
laugh.gif
. people where real quick to dead that death row *$% tonight
laugh.gif

Wait.....

Wait....

Wait...

You guys are *****ing 'cause Coach O was texting dudes during a "dead" period.

What about all the post in this same thread when Pete Carroll bounced?

Urban Meyer calling Baxter.

Rich Rod calling Baxter.

Prater getting calls from ND, Florida, Illinois, UCLA.

Grimble now leaning towards UCLA

Now it's Kiffin and it's dirty.

All Gator fans throwing their salt as if Urban is luring all these recruits by promising Bible lessons with Tim Tebow.

@!*$ outta here. College Football is a dirty game.

I butt heads with Gunna, but he is the only one making sense in all this and his squad is the one getting screwed at the moment. 2 days ago it was us that wasgetting the KY Jelly treatment when Pete Carroll took off and decided to take Norton.

"If it was my kids I wouldn't let them go to USC or play for Kiffin"
roll.gif
biggest crock of #+@! I've seen posted.

Gator fans talking about Kiffin being dirty, like their drama queen coach and his resignation due to "stress and health reasons" and then seeing hisrecruits waver so he makes it a LOA and still grinding out there.

I feel for TN fans, we were on that boat on Friday. It sucks but I'm sure they've already prepared to replace CLK, just like we replaced Pete.

Dre,
1.) I am a man of my word, if Powell is a condom, I will dress like a condom, err. I mean a Semi-Hole, including the thong
2.) What are you hearing on Christian Jones?

Listening to Tony Bruno on 570 KALC- Kiffen is supposedly trapped in a building with an angry mob of students about 1500 with Police and Riot Gear on Campus.One student alrady arrested due to burning items. Wow!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by tmay407

If Muschamp to Tennessee is true, Sherman better hurry the hell up and fill that DC position...
if CWM hits knoxville like rumored, I believe Kirby Smart may end up as UTs DC, those two are close and have a long history
that would be my hope. But why leave a great thing at Bama?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait.....

Wait....

Wait...

Rich Rod calling Baxter.

All Gator fans throwing their salt as if Urban is luring all these recruits by promising Bible lessons with Tim Tebow.

I butt heads with Gunna, but he is the only one making sense in all this and his squad is the one getting screwed at the moment. 2 days ago it was us that was getting the KY Jelly treatment when Pete Carroll took off and decided to take Norton.

roll.gif

Gator fans talking about Kiffin being dirty, like their drama queen coach and his resignation due to "stress and health reasons" and then seeing his recruits waver so he makes it a LOA and still grinding out there.

I feel for TN fans, we were on that boat on Friday. It sucks but I'm sure they've already prepared to replace CLK, just like we replaced Pete.
Who are you yelling at... Calm down

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Listening to Tony Bruno on 570 KALC- Kiffen is supposedly trapped in a building with an angry mob of students about 1500 with Police and Riot Gear on Campus. One student alrady arrested due to burning items. Wow!

smh.gif

*side-note* Tony Bruno is the man.
pimp.gif

This Kiffin move is bananas... USC comes callin you know he's leaving. I can't blame Muschamp if he leaves, Smokey Top comes calling you leave.

Aaron, did u catch Bomani's new show. Monday on Gilbert Arenas was awesome
laugh.gif

Pat Forde has always hated CLK, and now he's letting it all out
laugh.gif

[h2]USC latest proving ground for Kiffin[/h2]

Comment Email Print >http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-i...;" rel="nofollow">Share </div><cite class= By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
Archive

At this rate, Lane Kiffin is an 8-5 season at USC away from a $50 million contract to coach Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Seriously, why not? Why wouldn't he just keep rising up the coaching ranks on the basis of nothing much at all? If a 31-year-old with no head-coachingexperience can get the Oakland Raiders job, and a guy who got fired from that job after losing 15 of 20 games can get the Tennessee job, and a guy who went 7-6in a reckless first season in Knoxville can get the USC job … is there any rung of the sport to which Kiffin cannot climb?

[+] Enlarge
Kirby Lee/Image of Sport/US PresswireLane Kiffin coached the Raiders to a 5-15 record in his short tenure in Oakland.

I mean, what if he actually does something impressive as a coach? Win a conference title and they might just fast-track him into the Hall of Fame.

Paris Hilton has paid more dues than Lane Kiffin.

Kiffin comes across as a guy who was born on third base and acts as if he hit a triple -- but given the way people have thrown good jobs and big money athim, it's hard to blame him for thinking he's the next Knute Rockne.

USC is the latest enabler. Perhaps feeling the flutter of desperation after reportedly being stiff-armed by Mike Riley, Jack Del Rio, Jeff Fisher and SteveSarkisian, the school had to go to someone it knew would say yes -- especially if that someone has ties to the Pete Carroll glory days.

Kiffin is that guy. His jilting of Tennessee and all the players he and his Orange Pride hostesses sweet-talked into becoming Volunteers is distasteful. Theschool gave him a big break, and he broke athletic director Mike Hamilton's ankles sprinting out of town in just over a year. Once again, loyalty is forsuckers in the realm of college coaching.

That said, Kiffin is taking a better job.

Who wouldn't prefer coaching the flagship school in the Pacific-10 to coaching what is no better than the fourth- or fifth-best program in the murderousSEC? Who wouldn't prefer the recruiting backyard of Southern California to East Tennessee? Who wouldn't prefer the beach to the boonies?

[+] Enlarge
Kim Klement/US PresswireLane Kiffin coached the Vols to a 7-6 record in his one season at Tennessee.

But just because Kiffin might want the USC job doesn't mean USC is beholden to give it to him. What's to love about Lane?

His career head-coaching record is 12-21.

He's already 0-1 against USC's biggest rival, UCLA.

His signature win was a loss -- a two-point defeat at eventual national champion Alabama. Other than that, the best thing the Volunteers did in 2009 wasthumping the worst Georgia team in a decade.

His team was de-pantsed in the Chik-fil-A Bowl by Virginia Tech, and de-pantsed in Oxford by an underachieving Mississippi.

And that's just the on-field stuff. Off the field is where he's really raised doubts, and raised the ire of SEC commissioner Mike Slive. Kiffin hasspecialized in stupidity.

He knows the periodic table of the elements better than the NCAA rule manual -- that much became obvious after erroneously accusing Florida's UrbanMeyer of cheating, and the string of secondary violations the Volunteers committed on his watch. Blithely commenting that he takes NCAA enforcement scrutiny ofhis program as "a compliment" only reinforced the notion that the guy doesn't get it when it comes to compliance.

[+] Enlarge
Kirby Lee/US PresswireLane Kiffin was a member of Pete Carroll's USC staff from 2001-06.

Which, when it comes to USC, would seemingly be a concern. The school has a date next month with the NCAA Committee on Infractions to answer allegations ofviolations in both the football and men's basketball programs. Think the committee will be impressed by USC's new commitment to piety by trotting outLane Kiffin?

So there is a lot to question about this hire, and about the meteoric rise of mediocre Lane Kiffin. But who knows? Maybe this will be where he actuallyearns his station.

Kiffin is quickly assembling another all-star coaching staff, which was his signature achievement at Tennessee. He's bringing dad Monte as his defensivecoordinator and Ed Orgeron as his recruiting coordinator, plus adding former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow to the ensemble.

And Kiffin knows the turf. He was recruiting coordinator there before, when the Trojans were signing a constellation of stars on an annual basis. He shouldbe able to sign plenty of A-list talent.

Plus, it's USC. Even if the program gets slapped by the NCAA -- which might have factored into Carroll's leaving, and rejections from othercandidates -- it will not stay down for long.

Actually, it won't stay down for long if Lane Kiffin is the right guy. Maybe this time he'll stay in one place long enough to determine whether hecan actually coach.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait.....

Wait....

Wait...

Rich Rod calling Baxter.

I butt heads with Gunna, but he is the only one making sense in all this and his squad is the one getting screwed at the moment. 2 days ago it was us that was getting the KY Jelly treatment when Pete Carroll took off and decided to take Norton.

roll.gif

Gator fans talking about Kiffin being dirty, like their drama queen coach and his resignation due to "stress and health reasons" and then seeing his recruits waver so he makes it a LOA and still grinding out there.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Originally Posted by Statis22

And word is SC about to hire Dat Nyugen for the linebackers.
laugh.gif

From what I've heard, Sherman tried to do that and Dat straight up told him "No."

Back
Top Bottom