09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

jealous ex bf came back for revenge is what it seems like....
smh.gif

McEachern High School football coach Kyle Hockman said he learned of his player's death about 5 a.m. Thursday.

"I don't know the timing of it," Hockman said. "I just don't know a lot more information."

Asked what kind of young man Rajaan Bennett was, Hockman said, "just one of the best ever."

When his star running back signed to play with the Commodores two weeks ago, Hockman told Vanderbilt officials, "I'm sure you want to talk about Rajaan on the football field, but I promise he's a better person than he is player. He has a great head on his shoulders, a guy that has been the man in his household for quite a while, yet still worked to maintain a solid GPA in class and become such a great player.

"Rajaan is both humble and hard working," Hockman continued. "He's a guy that is very respected by his teammates and the McEachern community. I think the world of this young man."

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

CP going in on the Oregon media? Check.
Lame Beavers fan still applying Preparation H after the shlogging the Ducks gave the rodents the last two seasons, praying that Masoli and James get suspended so his craptacular team will actually accomplish something? Check.

James plead not guilty so we'll have to see what happens.

College athletics is dynamic my friend. How did your basketball team fare? That baseball program is looking pretty sweet being projected to finishing last in the Pac.
pimp.gif

RIP to Rajaan.Sounds like a terrible story.

That's terrible...
smh.gif
RIP

Ryan Mallet broke a foot... Out 3-4 months.

And regarding the A&M discussion we had last week, just saw this and thought it was interesting... Over the last two years, the Aggies are a whopping 0-22 on 4* defensive players within the state of Texas...
sick.gif
That's gotta change.

hate to continue with the sad news but I just read where Rajaan's dad was killed in a car wreck when he was 9 yrs old, and Rajaan had been basically the man of the house since then.

smh.gif
real bad situation.

Yeah, the story on Bennett is real sad.

Nesbitt will miss the spring and have a scope done on both ankles. Jaybo Show...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

4* RB and Vandy Signee Rajaan Bennett was killed last nite in his home during an apparent murder/suicide, others in his home were also shot

smh.gif
RIP

eek.gif
smh.gif

This from Rival.com:
Scouting Report on Rajaan Bennett
How we scouted: Film footage, In-person visits, Game setting, Campby Barry Every - 10/21/2009

* SpeedDivision I Player
* SizeBlue Chip
* StrengthBlue Chip
* AgilityBlue Chip
* ElusivenessDivision I Player

On the Hoof: He is built similar to current Denver Bronco Knowshon Moreno. Bennett has wide shoulders, muscular upper body and powerful-looking legs. He actually may end up looking more like Ricky Williams before it is all said and done.
Needs Improvement: Sometimes he is just too patient waiting for his blocks to set up. Bennett needs to decide quicker whether to cut it back against the grain or just run someone over.
Most Impressive: He can pass block, run block, has soft hands and will just flat wear out a defense with his physical running style. Bennett is also a smart, high-character kid that will end up being a leader on the football field and in the locker room at the next level.
Conclusion: He will play as a freshman. He understands the importance of pass protection, and he is just too big and strong to be left redshirting. What will separate him from the rest of the players on his team are his incredible hands and body control as a receiver, especially for a big back.

Kid has a very bright future, so sad to see kids like him die young Smh.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

CP going in on the Oregon media? Check.
Lame Beavers fan still applying Preparation H after the shlogging the Ducks gave the rodents the last two seasons, praying that Masoli and James get suspended so his craptacular team will actually accomplish something? Check.

James plead not guilty so we'll have to see what happens.

College athletics is dynamic my friend. How did your basketball team fare? That baseball program is looking pretty sweet being projected to finishing last in the Pac.
pimp.gif

Basketball? Baseball? This is a FOOTBALL thread - I could give a %%@$ about what in the hell Oregon baseball or basketball do. I don't even watch college basketball and I sure as %%@$ don't care about college baseball.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What's next, going to let me know how much better your volleyball team is than Oregon's?

Track and football - that's all I care about.
pimp.gif

Myron should give up football completely, simply because he has so much more potential off the field. He seems to be a class act with plenty of intelligence and a good work ethic.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Myron should give up football completely, simply because he has so much more potential off the field. He seems to be a class act with plenty of intelligence and a good work ethic.
This.

Make a difference where it actually matters.

You don't think he can make a difference playing football and going into the medical field?

Sorry to bring up race, but young black kids (hell kids in general, but still) need to see these types of role models. Proof that you can excel in both. With the amount of kids every year who don't give a ++@@ about school and only care about football (Hence all the kids who fail to qualify. Not talking about the kids w/ actual learning disabilities) perhaps he can help change some of their minds. Or just kids in general. Plus football will get him, his story, and his achievements waaaaaaayyyyyyy more notoriety than if he were to simply be a scholar. He would be able to impact more lives my doing both. I for one, hope he does. Plus him being a famous sports figure would give him access to certain people and circles that he may not have been able to migx and mingle with, that could lead to him doing bigger and better things than if he was simply Myron Rolle, the Rhodes Scholar.

4* DT Deantre Rhodes was released from his LOI and signed with Louisville
smh.gif
smh.gif
Apparently because he wasn't going to be able to qualify. He went from possibly enrolling in January but definitely enrolling in the summer, to possibly enrolling in the summer, to not qualifying at all. They stalled on reporting his test scores for like forever, said he only needed to improve them by a couple points and he'd definitely be in
indifferent.gif

Big loss for us and it definitely takes our class down a notch.

Back
Top Bottom