09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

W T F?!
eek.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

R.I.P. Bennie

Michigan is having their second junior day today. Looks like a very solid list of prospects. Lawrence Thomas at least came here this week to get the entire staffs attention. It is big that he even made it here unlike Gholston, but we can thank Archie for that one. Glad to hear that Michigan is going to be hosting a Badger Sports 7on7 as well. The have wanted to be at Michigan for a few years and now with Oosterbaan and Glick both open, we have more than enough room. Should help with recruiting. Here is a list of prospects that should be in today for anybody that cares:
DeAnthony Arnett, WR - Saginaw, Mich.
Willie Beavers, OL - Lathrup Village, Mich.
Brennen Beyer, DE - Canton (Mich.) Plymouth - Hopefully a fullcourt press for a commit
Greg Brown, CB - Fremont (Ohio) Ross
Hasean Clinton-Dix, ATH - Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips
Vincent Croce, DT - Olney (Md.) Good Counsel
Chris Dukes, CB - Cincinnati (Ohio) Colerain
Ashton Gaines, WR/CB - Detroit Crockett
Doran Grant, CB - Akron (Ohio) St. Vincent St. Mary's
Ryan Griffin, DB - Ann Arbor (Mich.) Pioneer
Ray Hamilton, TE - Strongsville, Ohio
Demetrius Hart, RB - Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips
Delonte Hollowell, CB - Detroit Cass Tech
Jermal Hosley, WR - Highland Park, Mich.
Jalyn Massenberg, ATH - Detroit Central
Ben McCord, WR - Warren (Mich.) Cousino
Brian Mihalik, DE - Avon Lake, Ohio
Jamare Mills, TE - Dublin (Ohio) Scioto
Valdez Showers, ATH - Madison Heights (Mich.) Madison
LaQuentin Smith, ATH - Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips
Raymon Taylor, ATH - Highland Park, Mich.
Aundrey Walker, OT - Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville
Kevin Williams, DT - Holland (Ohio) Springfield
Anthony Zettel, OL - West Branch (Mich.) Ogemaw Heights - Same as Beyer. Need to lock him up ASAP.

Nobody posted the fact that Gary Brown has been given the boot? The statement made it seem like he's messed up before. This DT "curse" is getting absurd.

The depth chart got a little better for Timmy.

Yeah the Dr Phillips boys didn't make it up. That is about the 5th time in a year Dee Hart was supposed to make it up but didn't. They just don't have a way up here and if they don't get up here, none of the 3 will be Wolverines. I am thinking HaHa is not getting out of the south.

Another solid LB prospect for the Noles. What a shocker.

I guess I was putting my money on him being 220+ before he even steps on campus. Kid looks legit anywhere tho.

Yo Dre, FSU gonna stay after Juice Johnson? I hope Karlos committing gets us closer to him .

Juice = Legit. I dunno if u know bout him but hes a hitting Machine.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I guess I was putting my money on him being 220+ before he even steps on campus. Kid looks legit anywhere tho.
Hewill be somwhere around 220 once he gets to school. But he isn't beingmoved until he grows out of the position. Kid really has no wish toplay LB.
Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yo Dre, FSU gonna stay after Juice Johnson? I hope Karlos committing gets us closer to him .

Juice = Legit. I dunno if u know bout him but hes a hitting Machine.
Idk,bro. The safeties who seem to be high on the coaches wish list @ thispoint are: Jeremy Cash, 'los, Cortez Davis, Calvin Pryor, HasseenClinton Dix and Tyler Hunter.

Is Juice Johnson, Chris Johnson? Doesn't he like USCe ?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Oregon football: Kiko Alonso cited for DUII[/h1][h4]By John Hunt, The Oregonian[/h4][h5]February 20, 2010, 2:00PM[/h5]
Merehours after Oregon coach Chip Kelly answered questions about his team'sslew of off-field troubles, Ducks linebacker Kiko Alonso was picked upfor drunk driving.

"If a player doesn’t live up to the standardswe have for the football program, then they’re not going to be here,''Kelly said Friday. "But I’m also not going to follow our kids aroundevery Friday or Saturday night so I can see what happened to them.''

Kellyalmost made it through Friday night, but at 2:19 a.m. on Saturdaymorning, Alonso was stopped at the 7-Eleven on East Broadway in Eugeneand cited for DUII.

Alonso, an athletic linebacker who will be aredshirt sophomore this fall, had 15 tackles in 11 games in 2009 andforced one fumble, playing primarily middle linebacker behind starterCasey Matthews. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder from Los Gatos, Calif., isalso a regular special teams player for the Ducks.

Another one bites the dust
laugh.gif

There's a chance Latwan Anderson might be heading to Miami. They don't have a spot for him so they'd bring him in on a track scholarship...no football for a year then he'd join the team next season when they have room.

Apparently Jamere Holland just got himself kicked off the team for popping off on Facebook.
roll.gif

[h1]Oregon Pretty Much Imploding Before Our Very Eyes (UPDATE)[/h1]

Oregon football is turning into an outlaw program right in front of us. But one Ducks senior has had just about enough of you people making a big deal of it. You "white people," he means.

Chip Kelly gave quite the stirring speech at a press conference Friday:
If a player doesn't live up to the standards we have for the football program, then they're not going to be here,'' Kelly said Friday. "But I'm also not going to follow our kids around every Friday or Saturday night so I can see what happened to them.''

Telling, telling words, especially since the school couldn't make it through the night without another arrest. Redshirt sophomore LB Kiki Alonso got pulled over for a DUI.

This morning, senior WR Jamere Holland had something to say to all his Facebook friends (keep in mind that's everyone, because his profile is set to public):

20v0mqs.jpg

Notice how he said "quote me? Well, Brooks did.

But a white knight of an Oregon fan took it upon himself to warn the Ducks that anything they post publicly, is, you know, public. And maybe it's not such a good idea to drop f-bombs in your coach's direction.

Holland then had this to say:

15wxnjm.jpg

Jamere, actually, you can block whites as friends. I know Facebook's new privacy settings can be a little confusing, but you can actually block anyone you want. Also, you can just not type the stuff that blogs are going to jump on in the first place.

You know the term "institutional control?" Oregon doesn't.

UPDATE: Annnnnd....Holland's gone.

http://deadspin.com/5476701/oregon-pretty-much-imploding-before-our-very-eyes

[h1]Oregon WR Jamere Holland dismissed from the team[/h1][h4]By Ken Goe, The Oregonian [/h4][h5]February 21, 2010, 2:42PM[/h5]Oregon wide receiver Jamere Holland has been dismissed from the football team for a violation of team rules, according to a release issued Sunday by the UO department of media services.

The specific reason for Holland's dismissal was not detailed.

The UO receiver posted a comment on his Facebook page claiming linebacker Kiko Alonso had been kicked off the team, and questioning the decision.

Alonso was cited early Saturday morning for DUII.

Dave Williford, UO director of media services, said that as of Sunday afternoon, Alonso still was on the team. Holland, however, was not.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2010/02/oregon_wr_jamere_holland_dismi.html

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=3435416&ref=search&sid=18604853.1107928239..1#

Back
Top Bottom