09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

I had no idea the Big XII tied in there...

It's definitely an upgrade from Shreveport, I guess...

Alright, it's been bugging me...what was up with the Pac-10 scheduling? You had rivalry games last week, this week you got meaningless games likeArizona/USC and Cal/U-Dub. How does that work?

Spiller should get the trophy

Colt and Tim shouldn't even get an invite. Suh should seriously be invited as well but we all know that won't happen.

CJ is so damn beastly
smh.gif
doesn't even make sense some times. best offensive player in college fb bar none in my mind. The Heisman rarely ever goes to thebest player though

laugh.gif
Tim Tebow wasnt top 5 at his position when he won a heisman

be fa real

CJ Spiller winning the heisman would be no different from Desmond Howard winning the heisman.

CJ is lookin at 1600 from scrimmage with 16 scores plus another 850 return yards and 5 more scores... This year, that's pretty damn good...

Question is, does he even get a look on an 8-5 team that didn't win its conference title...

Tebow was a top 5 QB his soph year. Stats back it up. He had like 30+ tubs and 3k passing. He robbed DMC that year anyway but that's besides the point.

Spiller has been a great return man this year. He's been an average RB. Yeah he's been great but I'd give it to Ingram, or Gerhart before I'dgive it to him.

If Spiller got it it'd def be on some Lifetime acheivement BS cuz there's no way he's done enough this year to deserve a Heisman. As great a playeras he is, he just hasn't done enough and he's on a mediocre team. No way can you give it to him.

How do you guys think the seniority thing will play out in the voting this year?

I know it hasn't been that much of a factor the last 2 years but both those guys put up ridiculous stats that were mind blowing, and Ingram he is asophmore which used to play a huge factor in the voting

Last 2 winner's were sophomores and there was never a sophomore winner in history before them.

Question is now.......

Why wouldn't Meyer take the ND job?

Tebow gone. Charlie Strong Gone. Most of D is gone. Completely rebuilding. Whole new offense now that Tebow is gone cuz Brantley sure can't execute it theway Tebow could.

No incentive to stay. Perfect time to go.

^ I agree 100%...If Meyer is EVER gonna leave, NOW is the time.

If I was him, I'd take the 50 mill from ND and laugh straight to the bank while I "returned them to glory".
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

If Spiller doesnt win it, its all because of Dabo Sweeney. big games he calls some crazy @!!+. today was how he shoulda been handlin it all season

Toby 's the 2009 Ron Dayne, runnin thru 4 yard holes every other down ...
tired.gif

thinkin on it, this is the perfect yr for toby to win it. just liek Ron Dayne won his. the best player was left out because of something he did off the field.Peter Warrick then and Dez Bryant in 2009

And even if Urban can't get it done at Notre Dame, he'd probably still be the lead candidate for just about whatever job was available the year he gotfired...
laugh.gif

They guy has won everywhere he's been... If he couldn't do it at ND, who would really blame him?

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

If Spiller doesnt win it, its all because of Dabo Sweeney. his coached never got him enough touches.
This

Also, Jay what you think about CJ in the L? Is it a fair comparison putting him side by side with the CJ who is currently dominating the L.

Originally Posted by DLoXIII

Alright, it's been bugging me...what was up with the Pac-10 scheduling? You had rivalry games last week, this week you got meaningless games like Arizona/USC and Cal/U-Dub. How does that work?
It was a scheduling quirk. UCLA is usually always our last game, Stanford is usually Cal's last game as well.

CJ Spiller winning the heisman would be no different from Desmond Howard winning the heisman.
Howard won in a landslide in 1991, no way is it the same.

Also, Howard was on a
smokin.gif
Michigan squad. They lost to, at the time, #1FSU and eventual National Champion Washington in the Rose Bowl. How is it the same as Spiller toting the rock for a mediocre Clemson squad.

Howard's statistics will not blow anyone away, not by todays standards. He was just the most electrifying player in CFB that year, and he did it on thebig stage against big teams.

I'm not trying to say Spiller isn't electric, he is, he is
smokin.gif
. Bottom line is he plays for Clemson, five time losers this season. I do believe Spiller is the only back to rush over 100 yards against TCU this year. Ithink he lost any hope of winning with his performance against South Carolina.

Spiller = Heisman Gunna's Flavor of the Month

Suh SHOULD win it. He's a DT leading his team in tackles. That's ridic.

1. Suh
2. Ingram
3. Gerhart

Nobody else should even be invited IMO.

Suh is a %++@%%%%%%$*% beast.......

The Heisman rarely ever goes to the best player though
Ndamukong-suh.jpg

But he's on a mediocre team too (They did show up to play tonight though
smokin.gif
).

Ndamukong Suh>>Dez Bryant

I don't think I've ever seen a NCAA DT dominate a game like Suh did tonight. shfgdjlhdgfdshfljhdfgjhgf
eek.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Dude is one of the greatest somewhat under the radar college players of All Time.

eek.gif
LMAO Charlie Weiss is wyldin

He went out with a bang.

Talkin %#%% about pete carrol living wit a grad student and cheatin on his wife hahahhaahahahahahahaahhahahaha

Weiss makin sure he bring someone down with him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
LMAO Charlie Weiss is wyldin

He went out with a bang.

Talkin %#%% about pete carrol living wit a grad student and cheatin on his wife hahahhaahahahahahahaahhahahaha

Weiss makin sure he bring someone down with him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
HE DID WHAT?!?
eek.gif

laugh.gif
Weis Snapped mannnn

Said this to the press.

Said PC is shackin up wit a grad student in Malibu

laugh.gif
he said he couldn't get away with something like that at ND