100,000 Fish Die In Arkansas After 5,000 Dead Birds (UPDATE) 2 Million Fish Dead In Maryland

[h1][/h1]
[h1]2 million fish found dead in Maryland[/h1]Authorities in Maryland are investigating the deaths of about 2 million fish in Chesapeake Bay.
"Natural causes appear to be the reason," the Maryland Department of the Environment said in a news release. "Cold water stress exacerbated by a large population of the affected species (juvenile spot fish) appears to be the cause of the kill."

The investigation comes days after the deaths of an estimated 100,000 fish in northwest Arkansas. Authorities suspect disease was to blame there, a state spokesman said.

In Maryland, preliminary tests showed water quality to be acceptable, officials said.

"The affected fish are almost exclusively juvenile spot fish, 3 to 6 inches in length," the Maryland department said. A recent survey "showed a very strong population of spot in the bay this year. An increased juvenile population and limited deep water habitat would likely compound the effects of cold water stress."

Large winter kills of spot fish have occurred at least twice before in the state, in 1976 and 1980, the department said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/U...h.kill/index.html?hpt=T2

And right under that story on CNN is the one about the birds in Sweden
eek.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]2 million fish found dead in Maryland[/h1]Authorities in Maryland are investigating the deaths of about 2 million fish in Chesapeake Bay.
"Natural causes appear to be the reason," the Maryland Department of the Environment said in a news release. "Cold water stress exacerbated by a large population of the affected species (juvenile spot fish) appears to be the cause of the kill."

The investigation comes days after the deaths of an estimated 100,000 fish in northwest Arkansas. Authorities suspect disease was to blame there, a state spokesman said.

In Maryland, preliminary tests showed water quality to be acceptable, officials said.

"The affected fish are almost exclusively juvenile spot fish, 3 to 6 inches in length," the Maryland department said. A recent survey "showed a very strong population of spot in the bay this year. An increased juvenile population and limited deep water habitat would likely compound the effects of cold water stress."

Large winter kills of spot fish have occurred at least twice before in the state, in 1976 and 1980, the department said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/U...h.kill/index.html?hpt=T2

And right under that story on CNN is the one about the birds in Sweden
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

China may have figured out why birds are falling all over
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread647135/pg1

All this makes sense to me, I distinctly remember being explained the possible effects on earth by a polar shift in 11th grade. He always stuck in my head.
The same teacher quit his teaching job and went back to work as a geologist for the government.

edit: as far as the fish I could see it being result of the numerous oil spills that all happened ALONG with the big bp spill. Since there is an unknown mass amount that sunk into the ocean if a lot of these fish species are bottom feeders it would make since what the cause is.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

China may have figured out why birds are falling all over
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread647135/pg1

All this makes sense to me, I distinctly remember being explained the possible effects on earth by a polar shift in 11th grade. He always stuck in my head.
The same teacher quit his teaching job and went back to work as a geologist for the government.

edit: as far as the fish I could see it being result of the numerous oil spills that all happened ALONG with the big bp spill. Since there is an unknown mass amount that sunk into the ocean if a lot of these fish species are bottom feeders it would make since what the cause is.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by tmay407

Someone I know that works in the oil industry believes this could be a result of the dispersant, Corexit 9500, used to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf...of course, it was brought to land by rain clouds coming from the Gulf area.

Yep. They said we haven't seen the beginning effects from all the dispersant used for the clean up. This is just the beginning  

Seems like the most logical explanation, although those birds in Sweden were found to have died from external blows resulting in internal bleeding. Strange stuff.

I questioned this on the first page. Smh I was wondering could this be a plausible theory.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Originally Posted by tmay407

Someone I know that works in the oil industry believes this could be a result of the dispersant, Corexit 9500, used to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf...of course, it was brought to land by rain clouds coming from the Gulf area.

Yep. They said we haven't seen the beginning effects from all the dispersant used for the clean up. This is just the beginning  

Seems like the most logical explanation, although those birds in Sweden were found to have died from external blows resulting in internal bleeding. Strange stuff.

I questioned this on the first page. Smh I was wondering could this be a plausible theory.

These things happen all of the time people. People are so hungry for the end of the world, but when it actually does come, people will be praying for salvation...

These things happen all of the time people. People are so hungry for the end of the world, but when it actually does come, people will be praying for salvation...

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

grin.gif
not everyone

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

grin.gif
not everyone

Back
Top Bottom