*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Will Attempt To Acquire Both Howard And Paul[/h3]
Dec 06, 2011 3:15 AM EST

Howard_Dwight_orl_110929.jpg

The Lakers will attempt to acquire both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul, according to sources.

In attempting to acquire those two players, the Lakers will make everyone on their roster available with the exception of Kobe Bryant.

The Lakers would almost certainly build one package around Pau Gasol and the other around Andrew Bynum.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN (via Twitter)

The main reason why I love the NBA, rumors, rumors, rumors,and more rumors.
laugh.gif

Don't really trust Broussard when it comes to Lakers rumors, he was the same guy that announced that the Lakers were very close to getting Melo for Bynum.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Will Attempt To Acquire Both Howard And Paul[/h3]
Dec 06, 2011 3:15 AM EST

Howard_Dwight_orl_110929.jpg

The Lakers will attempt to acquire both Dwight Howard and Chris Paul, according to sources.

In attempting to acquire those two players, the Lakers will make everyone on their roster available with the exception of Kobe Bryant.

The Lakers would almost certainly build one package around Pau Gasol and the other around Andrew Bynum.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN (via Twitter)

The main reason why I love the NBA, rumors, rumors, rumors,and more rumors.
laugh.gif

Don't really trust Broussard when it comes to Lakers rumors, he was the same guy that announced that the Lakers were very close to getting Melo for Bynum.

Don't forget that Broussard also kept pushing that the Knicks had a "Great shot" at getting LeBron, and even insisted a few days before the Decision that LeBron still had the Knicks in his top 3 choices...Then we later on find out that LeBron basically gave the Knicks as much of a shot as the Milwaukee Bucks

yeah lets not get our hopes up.

Kapono would be a nice addition since we need a consistent 3pt shooter and hopefully Luke won't have to play.

Jason Kapono is not bad at all for taking a chance on him for $1.3 million for a year.

He's more of SG instead not a SF.

I've been watching him since his days at UCLA.

Bad part though is can't play defense to save his life though
laugh.gif

If CP3 & D12 end up in the purple & gold Kobe ain't retiring until he's like 42.

Mamba would be at the press conference saying "Shiet the hell with passing Jordan at 6 rings, passing Bill Russell at 10 rings is a legit possibility now"
laugh.gif

Wishful thinking but since the Lakers are rumored to have interest in a few UCLA alumni players.

Yes to:

Aaron Afflao
Jason Kapono

Bring back Trevor Ariza in the CP3 deal.

No to former crappy UCLA PG's

Baron Davis
Jordan Farmar
Earl Watson

• The Lakers start the season with their only back-to-back-to-back set of games all season: Dec. 25 vs. Chicago, Dec. 26 at Sacramento and Dec. 27 vs. Utah. That will test a team missing Andrew Bynum because of his five-game NBA suspension and just learning new coach Mike Brown’s principles.
  • The Jan. 19 game at Miami is part of a back-to-back, followed by a Jan. 20 game at Orlando on a rare two-game trip East. That’s the only Lakers-vs.-Orlando game this season (for everyone fascinated by Dwight Howard trade talk).
  • The Lakers have only one extended road trip: a six-game run in February, coinciding as usual with the Grammy Awards taking over Staples Center: Denver, Utah, Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Toronto.
  • The East teams the Lakers don’t visit in the lockout-shortened 66-game regular-season schedule are Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Indianapolis and New Jersey. You’ll have to wait till next season for your Kobe autographs.
  • The Lakers’ schedule is made up of Sacramento bookends: After that road opener the day after Christmas, the regular season ends on Apr. 26 at Sacramento.
Link:

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/12/05/kobes-lakers-vs-lebrons-heat-jan-19-march-4/67130/

Damn...cant really see us getting both. If we did how would our roster look? Dwight, CP3, Kobe, and....

You know the NBA is just around the corner when wild Lakers rumors start floating around
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
x
laugh.gif
at the thought of Bynum wanting his own team. How about playing more than 2/3 of the season to begin with Drew.

Never thought in a million years this could actually come true. But, if the Hornets and the Magic don't want to get left to hang and dry like the Cavs or what the Nuggets went through we are the only team that has anything worth trading or even entertaining a deal of this magnitude with. Trying not to get too hype, but even the possibility has gotten me too excited over these past couple days.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Wishful thinking but since the Lakers are rumored to have interest in a few UCLA alumni players.

Yes to:

Aaron Afflao

Jason Kapono

Bring back Trevor Ariza in the CP3 deal.

No to former crappy UCLA PG's

Baron Davis

Jordan Farmar

Earl Watson

I would have preferred Earl over Steve Blake honestly. I'd love to have Earl as a backup for whoever we get to actually start.

so we'd literally dump everybody (other than Mamba) for D12 & Cp3? let me think, CP will be the point, KB aat the scoring position and Dwight with all his defense. so then what, the rest of the squad is fillers? i would love for those 2 guys to come to my squad. it would definitely ease the load off an aging kobe. and even give him new life potentially. i would love that, but only if we win a chip, year 1. i can see us potentially getting dwight, especially since he wanted to come here already. cp3 is pretty far fetched, especially considering all his friends are in the east. and imo he seems like he'd rather play with his buddies even if taking a pay cut. and if going to nyc, he'll make more in endorsement deals just in the city. idk yall. fingers crossed

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

It's funny at all the slurpage for Pau the past couple years and now everybody wants him out
laugh.gif

so u would be down with a player after he basically tanked the season after he found out the guy riding with lando in the millenium falcon was banging his girl behind his back? i think not....
just like lebron tanking when he found out delonte west was pounding moms, pau gets no pass....

Originally Posted by trickster360cj

If we get d12 and cp3, we have to bring back phil jackson

I think one reason why Jim Buss is going after D12 and CP3 is to show they can win without Phil.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

im tired of all these rumors and talks..i want something to be done already!
Nothing can really happen until the 9th. Am I correct? 
nerd.gif

these are all media-created pipe dreams to hype up the season

teams don't want to help the Lakers and they won't take aging guys like Odom, Gasol, Artest for superstars just entering their prime

won't happen

[h3]
[h3]Rival GM Doesn't Believe Magic Will Take Offer From Lakers For Howard[/h3]
Dec 06, 2011 11:45 AM EST

At least one general manager believes the Magic won't trade Dwight Howard to the Lakers.

Orlando would let Howard sign outright in free agency "rather than take garbage the Lakers would offer," sa

id the GM. "Nobody wants their old guys."

ViaSam Amico/Fox Sport Ohio (via Twitter)
[/h3]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom