*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by Essential1

I am less worried the more I think about it...

Kobe is our #1 scorer and will be for a few years.. He can create his own shot much more easily than anyone on the court..

So if he shoots 20-22 times I'm 100% fine with that... And every single NBA player who has ever taken a significant amount of shots have had terrible shooting games.. Hell some people have terrible stretches that last weeks...

Kobe is our #1 option on offense
Bynum is a close #2 option
Pau is a close #3 option
Everything else is based on who can create their own shot on a given possession.

"I put the onus on me on that, being a little tired and not getting down the court," Bynum said after finishing with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting to go with 16 rebounds in his second game back from a four-game suspension to start the season. "If I get down the court first I have to get the ball. So, I need to make that happen in order to get the ball."

Still, Gasol was comfortable with Bryant's shot selection.

"I hope that every shot that he takes, he makes," Gasol said. "If I want a guy to take a shot down the stretch, it would be him."

"Maybe he hasn't shot his best or his average the last couple games," Gasol said. "He's an aggressive player, and I'm sure he'll shoot better next game. Nothing to make a big deal out of." Bryant left the arena after the game without speaking to reporters.

Let's not forget against Bulls 11-23. Kings 10-24. Utah he shot 8-17.. Knicks shot 10-17

I'm thinking his legs are just beat after the 4 games quick out the gate, and then he showed up settling for 3's and deep mid range shots Saturday... And Sunday he just couldn't drive.. When he did it was weak penetration at the basket.. As the season progresses I think his legs will get used to the schedule..

But the NBA really screwed this one up for every team.. There should be about 7-10 less games in this season.. Last year there was 53 games after XMas including XMas. But have to squeeze every $ they can.

This is why I don't respect Lakers' fans. Y'all have not a single clue about the game of basketball.

Kobe Bryant should be the THIRD option on the Lakers. Period.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

This is why I don't respect Lakers' fans. Y'all have not a single clue about the game of basketball.

roll.gif
roll.gif

go to sleep buddy. after one horrible shooting performance by kobe ? yeah okay.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Never liked this guy since day 1.

I've hated this guy since he became Kobe "I have to win the 2004 Finals' MVP or I will not allow the Lakers to win this year" Bryant.

Y'all should hate him too.

He's nothing but a cancer to this team.

He's wasting Andrew Bynum's career.

I firmly believe that the Lakers would be a better team with a decent point guard like Teague, and Joe Johnson at the 2.
First of all, Bynum wasted most his career injured and aint like he can be counted on to lead a team when he cant stay healthy.
And while his last 2 games were impressive and Kobe had no problem almost getting a triple double yesterday playing alongside Bynum, now its supposed to be some sort of power struggle/Kobe Vs. Bynum already...one week in the season where they practiced one week with a new coach and played 4 of the 6 games without Bynum?

This has been going on for years. Yes, Bynum gets injured. However, when Bynum isn't injured, he's CLEARLY more effective than Bryant on the court, but only gets half the amount of shots? WHY? Because it's Kobe "I have to score the most points" Bryant.
I myself take it as Kobe "I try so hard to win that I sometimes take/force shots when Im cold because I want to win" Bryant who has showed in the past to being able to get Gasol who used to be more effective in the post. And Bynum has been CLEARLY more effective for the last 2 games...lets not put the team on his shoulders so quick.

I am less worried the more I think about it...

Kobe is our #1 scorer and will be for a few years.. He can create his own shot much more easily than anyone on the court..

So if he shoots 20-22 times I'm 100% fine with that... And every single NBA player who has ever taken a significant amount of shots have had terrible shooting games.. Hell some people have terrible stretches that last weeks...

Kobe is our #1 option on offense
Bynum is a close #2 option
Pau is a close #3 option
Everything else is based on who can create their own shot on a given possession.

"I put the onus on me on that, being a little tired and not getting down the court," Bynum said after finishing with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting to go with 16 rebounds in his second game back from a four-game suspension to start the season. "If I get down the court first I have to get the ball. So, I need to make that happen in order to get the ball."

Still, Gasol was comfortable with Bryant's shot selection.

"I hope that every shot that he takes, he makes," Gasol said. "If I want a guy to take a shot down the stretch, it would be him."

"Maybe he hasn't shot his best or his average the last couple games," Gasol said. "He's an aggressive player, and I'm sure he'll shoot better next game. Nothing to make a big deal out of." Bryant left the arena after the game without speaking to reporters.

Let's not forget against Bulls 11-23. Kings 10-24. Utah he shot 8-17.. Knicks shot 10-17

I'm thinking his legs are just beat after the 4 games quick out the gate, and then he showed up settling for 3's and deep mid range shots Saturday... And Sunday he just couldn't drive.. When he did it was weak penetration at the basket.. As the season progresses I think his legs will get used to the schedule..

But the NBA really screwed this one up for every team.. There should be about 7-10 less games in this season.. Last year there was 53 games after XMas including XMas. But have to squeeze every $ they can.

235635176.gif

mK2.gif

kobe8wl.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

roll.gif
roll.gif

go to sleep buddy. after one horrible shooting performance by kobe ? yeah okay.

One performance?? I've been saying this for YEARS.

The dude has been an average shooter his whole career. How do you play FIFTEEN YEARS in the league and aren't able to shoot 47% in a single season even ONCE?

Dude has been an average shooting guard his whole career. He scores a lot of points because he takes a lot of shots.

He's won championships because the overall talent on his team has been able to bail out his mediocrity.

When he didn't have great talent in 2005-2007, he was exactly like the players that you guys love to call "cancers" (T-Mac, Iverson).

This year, he will be exposed again because the Lamar Odom loss will weigh very heavily on Pau Gasol.

Never liked this guy since day 1.

I've hated this guy since he became Kobe "I have to win the 2004 Finals' MVP or I will not allow the Lakers to win this year" Bryant.

Y'all should hate him too.

He's nothing but a cancer to this team.

He's wasting Andrew Bynum's career.

I firmly believe that the Lakers would be a better team with a decent point guard like Teague, and Joe Johnson at the 2.
First of all, Bynum wasted most his career injured and aint like he can be counted on to lead a team when he cant stay healthy.
And while his last 2 games were impressive and Kobe had no problem almost getting a triple double yesterday playing alongside Bynum, now its supposed to be some sort of power struggle/Kobe Vs. Bynum already...one week in the season where they practiced one week with a new coach and played 4 of the 6 games without Bynum?
That guy is trolling, but Bynum needs to get more touches period. Which makes more sense, for the guy who's shooting 67% from the field to take 28 shots or the guy who's shooting barely 40%? It's a pretty basic premise of the game that you want to put yourself in position to take the most favorable/high percentage shots possible. Bynum was the best option to do that by far tonight. I'm not saying Bynum should be the number one option but when he's 7-10 going into the fourth quarter he needs more than two shot attempts in the fourth. It would have been one thing if Kobe had worked his way into more high percentage shots, or drawn the defense and created shots for his teammates, then I could at least somewhat forgive him for completely ignoring our two best scoring options. But nah, he was content to be a black hole, chill on the perimeter and jack ill-advised shots with a limp wrist.
laugh.gif

I just don't understand how the same guy who was willing to sacrifice his game a bit and feed it down low to Kwame +%%!@%* Brown and Lamar Odom in the Phoenix series 5 years ago to exploit a matchup wasn't willing to do the same in this game with Pau Gasol and a dominant Bynum who just came off of scoring 29 points.

I keep seeing people saying "He had a bad game, let's move on and he'll rebound on Tuesday." No, he didn't just have a bad game. A bad game would be his shot wasn't falling and he had a few too many turnovers. There's a difference between having a bad game where things don't go your way, and not playing the game the right way. Kobe didn't play the game the right way AT ALL. And it was of his own volition; not just because he had an off night or his shot wasn't falling. You could tell he was tired from damn near the opening tip and instead of compensating and trying to set up his teammates or giving Pau and Bynum more touches he does THAT? How tired does he need to be and how many shots does he need to miss before he starts to realize that the hero ball won't cut it at age 33 on the second night of a back to back? It reminded me of that one Seinfeld where that old man Mandelbaum kept trying to lift weights/heavy objects/the TV just to prove to himself and everybody else that he could still do it...except he couldn't.
laugh.gif

And his piss poor shooting night is taking attention away from how abysmal his defense was all game long too. Obviously in terms of talent/skill he's usually the best player on the court, but as far as impact on the game goes he was one of the worst players on the court tonight. He made so many negative plays at both ends, especially with the long rebounds on his terrible shots leading to easy transition buckets. If him and Birdman had switched places we would have won by 15 points
laugh.gif
What the hell?!?!?! It just KILLS me to see him still having a game like this after all these years. 

Cole World 22:

And this is why I can't respect a diehard Lakers hater.
laugh.gif
What you just said, you say it like the fans have ANYTHING to do with the team. Trust me, dude, not every Laker fan has the same opinion on Kobe. There are definitely some who believe that… …

… … Both teams played hard.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And this is why I can't respect a diehard Lakers hater.
laugh.gif
What you just said, you say it like the fans have ANYTHING to do with the team. Trust me, dude, not every Laker fan has the same opinion on Kobe. There are definitely some who believe that… …

… … Both teams played hard.
smile.gif

Damn it... You fooled me again..

I HATE YOU

So throw the ball into Bynum and when he gets doubled he will suddenly get the ability to pass out of the post? Bynum is unstoppable under the basket but he also eats up clock and takes forever to get his shot up (all of course depending on if he's single covered by Nene). Pau is better option in the post because he can pass out of it or draw defenders to drop it off to cutters. Kobe (when his shot is falling) keeps defenses scrambling, can still get to the basket for baskets/drawing fouls/passes to open players. Of course all this sounds/looks good on paper/on a message board screen but if Kobe cant hit his shots/is ball hoggin, Pau is playing soft & getting knocked around and/or Bynum is in foul trouble/being doubled/injured then it all goes out the window.  
Cole World 22 wrote: 

One performance?? I've been saying this for YEARS.

The dude has been an average shooter his whole career. How do you play FIFTEEN YEARS in the league and aren't able to shoot 47% in a single season even ONCE? 

Dude has been an average shooting guard his whole career. He scores a lot of points because he takes a lot of shots.

He's won championships because the overall talent on his team has been able to bail out his mediocrity.

When he didn't have great talent in 2005-2007, he was exactly like the players that you guys love to call "cancers" (T-Mac, Iverson).

This year, he will be exposed again because the Lamar Odom loss will weigh very heavily on Pau Gasol. 
You posted that Laker fans have no clue about basketball and then you wrote that???

And for the people saying that "it's only one game," what are you talking about?

He single-handedly lost the Bulls game.

He did terrible vs. the Kings.

He did everything he can to single-handedly lose the first game vs. Denver (6-18 shooting, terrible in the closing minutes), but got bailed out by Lawson's free throws and Gallo's missed layup.

He single-handedly lost the second game vs. Denver.

You guys don't see this? I'm making this up? I'm trolling?

All because "Kobe Bryant" has to score the most points.

So throw the ball into Bynum and when he gets doubled he will suddenly get the ability to pass out of the post? Bynum is unstoppable under the basket but he also eats up clock and takes forever to get his shot up (all of course depending on if he's single covered by Nene). Pau is better option in the post because he can pass out of it or draw defenders to drop it off to cutters. Kobe (when his shot is falling) keeps defenses scrambling, can still get to the basket for baskets/drawing fouls/passes to open players. Of course all this sounds/looks good on paper/on a message board screen but if Kobe cant hit his shots/is ball hoggin, Pau is playing soft & getting knocked around and/or Bynum is in foul trouble/being doubled/injured then it all goes out the window.  

I don't care if Bynum gets the ball more, or Gasol gets the ball more. Bottom line is that one of them needs to get the ball on the block every time. I don't like the Lakers. I root for them to lose because I can't stand Kobe Bryant, his face, and his female tactics on the court. It's entertaining to me to see him perform the way he did tonight because it usually ends in a Lakers' loss.

The reason I get irritated is because, as a basketball fan,  a) I wonder how you guys can put up with this guy? b) I like Bynum, and he's clearly the second best center in the league, but his career is being wasted because Kobe Bryant has to score the most points.

Cole World 22:
I don't like the Lakers.
You don't say.
laugh.gif
Cole World 22:
I can't stand Kobe Bryant
No **$%.
roll.gif
Couldn't tell. I thought you were a completely unbiased fan of the game with no agenda either way. Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

Damn, buddies takin this game hard.
laugh.gif
Lockout ball ya'll, 6 games in 8 days, second of a back to back in thin air Denver, fighting thru a blanked up wrist, dude tried to do too much. Period. He cost us a game. He owes us one. Anyone ever see Kobe go like 4-21, and then hit his last 3 to ice a game? He never done that before? Oh, he has, and he tried to work thru it again, only this time he failed. So he owes us one. Can you all move on now? He knows he #$%&%$ up, he'll try not to do it again, relax in here.

And for the people saying that "it's only one game," what are you talking about?

He single-handedly lost the Bulls game.

He did terrible vs. the Kings.

He did everything he can to single-handedly lose the first game vs. Denver (6-18 shooting, terrible in the closing minutes), but got bailed out by Lawson's free throws and Gallo's missed layup.

He single-handedly lost the second game vs. Denver.

You guys don't see this? I'm making this up? I'm trolling?

All because "Kobe Bryant" has to score the most points.
Trolling because you already told us that he's been an average shooting guard. If you honestly think that and short change his HOF career then theres not need to argue with you. I would even agree with you about the Chicage game and todays game but you are overlooking the Utah (28, 8 & 5) & NY(28, 4 & 6) games where he looked above average and even with the lucky win against Denver on Sat. where despite some trouble he almost got a triple double...then you are just trolling.

True, Bynum is not very good at passing out of double teams, but let's not act like Kobe hasn't been complete dog $%%@ at that himself this year
laugh.gif
The turnover late in the 4th tonight and the Bulls game come to mind.
Also I would take a higher percentage shot that takes a long time to develop over an outside shot taken out of rhythm early in the shot clock 100 times out of 100. Look at Kobe's shot chart tonight:

Layups: 2-3 | 

Jumpers: 4-26 (11-ft, 12-ft, 13-ft, 14-ft, 14-ft, 15-ft, 15-ft, 16-ft, 17-ft, 17-ft, 17-ft, 17-ft, 19-ft, 19-ft, 20-ft, 21-ft, 26-ft, 27-ft, 28-ft, 28-ft, 28-ft, 29-ft, 29-ft, 30-ft, 31-ft)

Many of those were fairly early in the shot clock or not within the offense at all too. That just ain't gonna cut it. To be fair there were several shots where he did a nice job of working to get a good look and they rimmed out or came up short because he probably didn't have his legs, but for the most part he just played very stupid/stubborn/lazy/arrogant basketball. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
Lockout ball ya'll, 6 games in 8 days, second of a back to back in thin air Denver, fighting thru a blanked up wrist, dude tried to do too much. Period. He cost us a game. He owes us one. Anyone ever see Kobe go like 4-21, and then hit his last 3 to ice a game? He never done that before? Oh, he has, and he tried to work thru it again, only this time he failed. So he owes us one. Can you all move on now? He knows he #$%&%$ up, he'll try not to do it again, relax in here.

You're right, but I guess I'm just frustrated because he really should be beyond that at this point in his career. I suppose that mentality he has will always be there for better or worse, no matter how experienced he is or how much he knows about the intricacies of the game. But I would have much less of a problem with it if he were at least playing intelligently. 

I do love the Kobe has sucked for years, and he's terrible talk.... You ask anyone... Anyone who has a "good" opinion through things they've done in basketball objectively to list the top 10 players of all time... And Kobe appears on 90% of the lists... Other 10% he will be 11-15...

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they have it figured out... Every single person in the basketball world has got it wrong.. And they know the truth... Kobe is so far from the top 20 he's on the same level as Harold Minor and J.R. Rider.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

You're right, but I guess I'm just frustrated because he really should be beyond that at this point in his career. I suppose that mentality he has will always be there for better or worse, no matter how experienced he is or how much he knows about the intricacies of the game. But I would have much less of a problem with it if he were at least playing intelligently. 

What makes you think that he ever exited that "stage" ? Just because the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol and won 2 championships because they had three talented seven-footers, that doesn't mean Kobe stopped being a selfish ballhog. His whole career has been the same story.

FYI FG% is misleading.

If you take FG% serious then you're a dumb $@% because centers would be better shooters than guards.

I never see you post in the Lakers thread before until now. Obviously you waited for Kobe to have his worst shooting game of his career and then you post.

LOL must have been a long @%@ wait

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

FYI FG% is misleading.

If you take FG% serious then you're a dumb $@% because centers would be better shooters than guards.

I never see you post in the Lakers thread before until now. Obviously you waited for Kobe to have his worst shooting game of his career and then you post.

LOL must have been a long @%@ wait

There's a difference between being a "better shooter" and putting the ball in the basket during a basketball game.

Back
Top Bottom