*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Sounds like Shannon Brown is leaving for PHX.

Shannon Brown is nearing a one year, $3.5M deal with the Phoenix Suns, league source tells Y! Sports.

WOW who the #@## would pay him that much? hell be in the d league before the year is up...

that much money for brown for one year
eek.gif
wow

It's getting down to the crunch time for the CP3 deal.
Hornets do not want to go through a media circus like Denever went through with the Melo trade last season.

Right now the Clippers are out of it because they won't include Eric Gordon, Warriors are out of it because the won't give up Stephen Curry.

Word going on right now is that the Lakers are working on a 3 team trade with the Rockets & Hornets where Pau Gasol ends up in Houston and Hornets get a ton of young talent from the Rockets and draft picks from both teams.

I really believe if the Lakers get a trade done for CP3 first without giving up Bynum & Odom then D12 is a done deal and forgone conclusion.  

Right now the Clippers are out of it because they won't include Eric Gordon, Warriors are out of it because the won't give up Stephen Curry.

Plus Paul won't sign long term deals with these teams.

Could this be true?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Sounds like Shannon Brown is leaving for PHX.

Shannon Brown is nearing a one year, $3.5M deal with the Phoenix Suns, league source tells Y! Sports.
I feel bad for him he keeps getting 1 year deals (option deals/LA) and goes through free agency every year.

i see more CP3 rumors

Originally Posted by MR J 858

It's getting down to the crunch time for the CP3 deal.
Hornets do not want to go through a media circus like Denever went through with the Melo trade last season.

Word going on right now is that the Lakers are working on a 3 team trade with the Rockets & Hornets where Pau Gasol ends up in Houston and Hornets get a ton of young talent from the Rockets and draft picks from both teams.

I really believe if the Lakers get a trade done for CP3 first without giving up Bynum & Odom then D12 is a done deal and forgone conclusion.  
Let us pray....

^^^Let us all pray.

@SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y!
I wouldn't mind taking back Ariza, if N.O offered him back to Lakers.

Wish we could get Howard, keep Gasol, and sign scraps.

Very risky to trade away the entire frontline for one big and a PG. Imagine if Paul gets hurt?

I really don't want to get rid of Pau for Paul.
Our frontline was a huge advantage. Yea Pah played like crap,but I thinkhe is def motivated.
What happens to Fish and Blake

The more I think about it the more I'd rather keep Pau and just got for Dwight.

Pau and Dwight >>> Paul and Dwight.

Although, I don't mind see alley-oops from Paul to Dwight.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Why would ya trade a solid big man in gasol for cp3? Makes no sense to me.
Because Bynum is better than Lopez, that's who Orlando will ultimately have to take. If Paul goes to L.A. then Howard is barging into the office and demanding to go to L.A., no more being ho-hum about it. Orlando has no leverage; take Bynum, a crappier deal out of spite, or let D12 walk.

Plus, for the Lakers, they need to get younger. Gasol is an amazing offensive talent and would be missed, but he is 31. They are looking at life beyond Kobe now.

Lakers want to get younger and address their biggest weakness which is at PG.

Best believe if CP3 is sent here without giving up Bynum & Odom then the D12 deal is a done deal wether now or in March when the trade deadline is near.

Also Lakers still have a legit center in Bynum for the time being and see how much he's improved his game & foot work this off season.

This has been Bynum's first injury free off season and dude was working out with Freddy Roach.

Well Paul would make the game so much easier.
Kobe would have more one on one instead of getting doubled by Fishers man.
Kapona would be dropping threes.
Put pressure on other Pgs.
If we don't get Howard and Bynum has his annual injury
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Wish we could get Howard, keep Gasol, and sign scraps.

Very risky to trade away the entire frontline for one big and a PG. Imagine if Paul gets hurt?

Agreed...as long as Kobe is on this team he will be the main Guy dominating the ball on the outside...a combination of Kobe, pau, and d12>>>Kobe, cp3, and drew IMO

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Lakers want to get younger and address their biggest weakness which is at PG.

Best believe if CP3 is sent here without giving up Bynum & Odom then the D12 deal is a done deal wether now or in March when the trade deadline is near.

Also Lakers still have a legit center in Bynum for the time being and see how much he's improved his game & foot work this off season.

This has been Bynum's first injury free off season and dude was working out with Freddy Roach.

laugh.gif
when i first heard about this. i still don't comprehend how this translate to basketball

No trades are going to happen, just watch. 
laugh.gif
I can see a tweet tomorrow stating "All talks have fallen off, all three sides go their separate ways."

Oh, right… Lakers.
smile.gif
Sorry, got a little sidetracked by some recent news that my MLB team has apparently landed kind of a big name. You may have heard of him.
laugh.gif

Kapano will be used the way Mike Brown used Daniel 'Boobie' Gibson, imo.

The only time you trade a big for a small is if your trying to get younger which the lakers clearly are. A core of Kobe, CP3 and Howard is solid after Kobe leaves.

Assume the Lakers don't get Howard.....It wouldn't be a good trade.

Kobe, CP3, And Bynum....What Happens WHEN Bynum gets injured again? We're doomed.

I know getting Dwight is going to be tough, but Dwight is all we need. Even if we still have our crappy PG's it wouldn't matter with Kobe & Dwight.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Because Bynum is better than Lopez, that's who Orlando will ultimately have to take. If Paul goes to L.A. then Howard is barging into the office and demanding to go to L.A., no more being ho-hum about it. Orlando has no leverage; take Bynum, a crappier deal out of spite, or let D12 walk.

Plus, for the Lakers, they need to get younger. Gasol is an amazing offensive talent and would be missed, but he is 31. They are looking at life beyond Kobe now.

I hope this is the case 
happy.gif

Gasol and Kobe play well. No clue what happened to gasol last year but I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

If the Lakers get CP3 for Gasol, the Lakers will be getting Howard. It will go hand in hand.

Back
Top Bottom