*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Initially I felt bad for Lamar crying over being traded, just showed how he wanted to be a Laker. However, not showing up to practice while Gasol is, that is a B move. I say ship his %!+ out with Bynum for Dwight Howard and call it a year. Kobe, Pau, Dwight bring in some placeholder PG to get them the ball and call it a year. I think we win it with that team honestly. Maybe my Laker bias is showing, but that is my dream scenario.

Im the long run, things will work out but this messes up team chemistry for all the team involved especially the Lakers... Odom & Gasol will be really salty about this....

Originally Posted by psk2310

Essential1 wrote:
Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Lamar not at camp. Probably drowning his sorrows over a box of Little Debbie's Zebra Cakes.

http://lakersblog.latimes...ef0133f4da3b6e970b-320wi src="http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef0133f4da3b6e970b-320wi">

He might eat himself into a sugar induced coma. Hope someone is checking up on him...

In all seriousness, I still can't believe this trade got nixed. CP3 is def walking in 7 months & NO was going to get 3 decent starters in the deal along with a decent bench player & a draft pick. This was an ok deal considering CP3 was leaving anyway...Not that I'm a big Bron supporter but I really hated how Gilbert handled Bron leaving & I hate him even more now.   
dan gilbert played a role in putting lebrons personal safety at risk following the decision.

yes people in cleveland would still be pissed but gilbert could've looked like a professional, saved face, and help calm things down by saying something along the lines of,  "We tried to resign him but things don't work that way all the time, Thank you Lebron for your 7 seasons here in Cleveland and everything you did for the team." or dennounced the stuff that went on post decision.

people in cleveland wanted to hurt that man after he left as a free agent and dan gilberts letter and failure to be an adult only made things worse.  aside from that, didn't lebron sign an extension in 06 or 07  when he could've left after his 3rd or 4th season?

look at how the st louis cardinals handled albert pujols leaving.  im sure their tight about it but they acted like a first class ball team and because of that players will see st louis as an attractive option to play for.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Laker Nation is saying on Twitter that the the three teams involved in the deal will appeal the NBA's decision to kill the CP3 trade... let's hope something good comes out of this process... and btw I wonder what the Nets ownership used to convince Dwight... tampering or not, it seems like he really wanted to go to the Nets...

I read that lakers can't appeal because "the NBA considered the trade to have been blocked by New Orleans, not the league itself."  So it is like a trade just falling apart.
http://www.slamonline.com...ion-on-chris-paul-trade/

It seems to me that what they mean by appeal isn't referring to an administrative procedure available to them, but rather that they will go visit Stern to try and convince him to let the trade go through.....

if CP3 is forced to play out the year and become a free agent, then the max he can make is $26 million LESS than what he can make if he signs an extension before his contract expires - $100 mill to $74 mill

WOW, Stern giving CP3 the shaft for his vocal role in the CBA negotiations

you play with my money you playin with my emotions

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Seriously if David Stern allows the Nets to trade for Dwight Howard to happen after the Magic file a tampering lawsuit against the Nets.

Then it will really show RIGGED the NBA is and David Stern is in complete control and is a dictator.

Bryant Gumble said it all about this dude.
laugh.gif
@ the Nets for meeting with Dwight. Dummies.

Magic have not officially filed a tampering complaint against the Nets to the league. So it's up to them, if they don't file then the league will not investigate.

If the Lakers get Dwight for Bynum and LO we could just pick up one of these PGs that are out there Baron Davis or Arenas, BOTH LA GUYS they would love to play here. I know they aint in their primes anymore, but c'mon the alternative is Steve Blake and Fisher. A line up of.....

BD or Arenas/Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Caracter
Dwight/?

That is a good line up, we can do it with that.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Magic have not officially filed a tampering complaint against the Nets to the league. So it's up to them, if they don't file then the league will not investigate.

I believe the NBA can kind of do what it wants at this point
roll.gif
. But if Howard is dealt to the Nets, I'm sure they will look into it with or without Magic filing

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

If the Lakers get Dwight for Bynum and LO we could just pick up one of these PGs that are out there Baron Davis or Arenas, BOTH LA GUYS they would love to play here. I know they aint in their primes anymore, but c'mon the alternative is Steve Blake and Fisher. A line up of.....

BD or Arenas/Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Artest/Barnes
Pau/Caracter
Dwight/?

That is a good line up, we can do it with that.
Get D-12 out of your mind...its not happeneing. The player I see moving from our roster now is LO...I have no clue what kind of market there is for him but I know he is done in a Lakers uniform....

So basically The Hornets (The NBA) can hang this over Pauls head... We're not going to trade you anywhere you want to go & if you try to just leave NO next year, you will be losing close to $30... I smell a lawsuit.

that sh cray

Originally Posted by Essential1

I believe the NBA can kind of do what it wants at this point
roll.gif
. But if Howard is dealt to the Nets, I'm sure they will look into it with or without Magic filing
from everything I heard the league doesn't investigate tampering until a team files a complaint

imo the lakers just shoulda did what they were gonna do in the first place and trade for howard. but something tells me stern woulda blocked that too

What would happen if the 3 teams involved collectively decided not to play this season? Or at least the Lakers...
@NobleKane, Stern couldn't of blocked any other trade not involving the Hornets. The Hornets are league owned thus the ability for the league owners to block the trade.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Seriously if David Stern allows the Nets to trade for Dwight Howard to happen after the Magic file a tampering lawsuit against the Nets.

Then it will really show RIGGED the NBA is and David Stern is in complete control and is a dictator.

Bryant Gumble said it all about this dude.
laugh.gif
@ the Nets for meeting with Dwight. Dummies.

quoted, bolded, and enlarged for emphasis...

Dwight and CP3 are never going to be Laker's. IT'S OVER.

The only thing we can do now is get rid of Lamar for some PG. Anyone who thinks we're going to be OK with Fisher as our PG is kidding themselves.

I still can't believe the league screwed us out of the possibility of multiple chips.

Woulda been nice if we could gotten rid of lets say Bynum and Artest for CP3. We'd keep Lamar Odom and Pau with Kobe & CP3.... Of course that aint happening.

As much as I hate Pau right now, I'd rather get rid of Bynum than Pau strictly based on past performances and also health.

It's looking like Dwight isn't going to happen anymore, so not sure what the Lakers are planning to do now.

And yes, Fisher as our starting PG is a joke.

supposedly gilzero or if he's even still number 0 was waived..
yay or nay on signing him
we find hibachi resurrected. kobe and gil scoring 60 each a game.

eff you stern

Soo I've heard many different reasoning's as to why the CP3 deal can't go down. One of which is that Stern didn't want CP3 to be able to dictate where he wants to go, yet I turn on ESPN and I see "Dwight Howard meets with NJ owners in Miami and requests trade to Nets." If that's not dictating where you want to go, and this trade does indeed happen, then how do you justify what happened with the LAL/HOU/NO deal?

I still think we have a hell of a team, but the chemistry and morale is not going to be there. Lamar was on ESPN radio last night spilling his heart out and in tears about being "traded". I'm sure everybody that was involved in this deal is affected psychologically in one way or another, none of which are good for the teams they are currently on.

Really disappointing to see this happen, no more than 2 hours after the new CBA was ratified nonetheless..

Sensitive players smh if you aren't a superstar you can be traded at any moment. Why is Lamar shocked and hurt? Son ur the help get a grip

I can't get over this.

If NO ends up trading CP3 somewhere else, it makes the NBA look rigged

If they keep him, he'll walk away for nothing.

Not to mention the 6 players involved have to awkwardly report to training camp to the team that doesn't want them

NBA #$%&@ed up really bad on this one.

NBA claims they killed the deal "for basketball reasons" WE KNOW THAT'S A LIE!  NO would have received 3 really good players and one solid PG for one player
100% THIS!!!

I hope CP3 plays out the year and somehow signs with lakers without them having to give up Pau just to stick it to the league

Back
Top Bottom