*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by AG 47

If that is the case, how would fellow fans feel if we acquired Okafor in the deal for Paul. I haven't looked at the logistics to see if contract's match, but that might be most beneficial for us now all things considered.

if okafor we should trade bynum instead. if west we go with gasol

co-sign,

Spoiler [+]
give us Ariza back too

A part of me feels that Odom and Pau will use this as motivation somehow
They will realize that anyone outside of Kobe can at anytime be on the choping block (not that they should'nt have already knew)
Maybe a motivation similar to the one after the lost to Boston

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

They will realize that anyone outside of Kobe can at anytime be on the choping block (not that they should'nt have already knew)
I'd like to hope so.
Let's trade Metta for Ariza!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

They have had numerous experiences that should have motivated them in the past. These are not killer instinct guys. If they get dissed they go into depression rather than getting angry.

after reading odoms reason why he didn't show up I think we need to ship him out now his head is not at the place

Originally Posted by AG 47

If that is the case, how would fellow fans feel if we acquired Okafor in the deal for Paul. I haven't looked at the logistics to see if contract's match, but that might be most beneficial for us now all things considered.
Lakers were supposed to receive a second player, and it was either Okafor or David West in a sign and trade..

I don't know if the 3 teams could make a better trade if they tried

Maybe send Pau, along with Scola, Dragic & Martin to NOH..  CP3 & Emeka to LA....   LO & Trevor Ariza to Houston
-or-
Bynum, Scola, Dragic, Martin to NOH.. CP3 & Emeka to LA... LO & Pondexter to Houston

Based on NBA trade analysis:  Hornets improve 15 games, Lakers 3,  Rockets are 12 games worse.. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

They have had numerous experiences that should have motivated them in the past. These are not killer instinct guys. If they get dissed they go into depression rather than getting angry.

That's 100% true.

I really don't see the Lakers having a better chance to win by adding Paul and parting with Pau & Odom. Kobe's never played with an all star point guard, I don't see the chemistry. 

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

I really don't see the Lakers having a better chance to win by adding Paul and parting with Pau & Odom. Kobe's never played with an all star point guard, I don't see the chemistry. 

It keeps us in contention currently, but this trade is for the future/post Kobe era

Originally Posted by thachosen123

It keeps us in contention currently, but this trade is for the future/post Kobe era
Okay, maybe but now that Dwight Howard isn't coming whats the point? Chris Paul isn't going to want to wait to win and be in the same scenario as he's in now

if the reports are true, the Lakers had another deal in place for a big man once the Chris Paul trade was finalized (some say David West or Paul Milsap sign and trade)

Okay, maybe but now that Dwight Howard isn't coming whats the point? Chris Paul isn't going to want to wait to win and be in the same scenario as he's in now
We actually don't know that now... Who knows what the "tampering" brings.. If the Nets trade falls through, maybe he decides I want to play with the Lakers..

Think ARod was literally on the Red Sox.. Things hit a snag and then became a Yankee.

If the NBA wants Bynum then the Lakers should hang up the phone. Bynum is the only dude that brings toughness to the team other than Kobe. 

Im probably in the minority here, but Id hate to see Lamar go.
The only change Id like to see is at the PG position.

Post Kobe it will only be Paul as the superstar. He has a better chance of getting help around him with a big market team like LA than the hornets 

i think we should have traded for Dwight first, and then moved on to CP3. don't really like giving up Gasol and Odom for CP3 if Dwight isn't coming

i hate the direction the NBA's going right now. theres only 3-5 teams that can realistically win a championship and thats sad. a couple years back it was a 10+ team race now its sad

what are some of the Lakers options in the PF department? are there any good PF free agents out there?

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I lost a lot of respect for Odom yesterday and more Today.

He sounded defeated in that interview with Stephen A, talkin about his reality show and sh!#. Where do they go from here ???

Lamar went home after meeting with Mitch
then

Pau doesnt practice??

jadande J.A. Adande 

Lakers said Pau Gasol did not practice because of a quad strain.(or could it be because the trade is back on???)

too obvious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Post Kobe it will only be Paul as the superstar. He has a better chance of getting help around him with a big market team like LA than the hornets 

This

Back
Top Bottom