*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

oh ok i thought upset Laker fans were calling in and saying something like "Why did Stern approve this and not ours"
laugh.gif

Steven A Smith is a fool...he is saying Kobe is going to demand a trade....SMH Really? We haven't played a SINGLE game yet...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Steven A Smith is a fool...he is saying Kobe is going to demand a trade....SMH Really? We haven't played a SINGLE game yet...

Kobe better not even think of requesting a trade, that %!*@ would be unforgivable. Lakers also better not give in and give Pau and Bynum for Dwight, totally not worth it. Bynum + Everything not named Kobe and Pau and i'm down.Also I read the Lakers could use their trade exception for like Bledsoe or Mo Williams, I wouldn't mind either of those point guards, Mo Williams back in Mike Brown offense would be nice.I'm just excited to see the season start.

I am not mad with not getting Paul or Howard. The only thing that bothers me is the stupid Lamar trade.

Mitch could have gone to dinner with dude and given him candy or some %$*% and thing would have cooled down. Mitch went into panic mode lusting after TPE's.

There is no excuse for that. What stern did was out of his hands but he did not have to panic and deal Lamar. I don't buy it that he traded Lamar cause lamar wanted out.
He traded lamar cause he was feeling himself and thought the TPE would help.

Originally Posted by tupac003

We had a 4 team deal in place for CP3....
frown.gif

I did not need to know that
tired.gif

I wonder what our trade scenarios are looking like right now.

Who is left to sign in free agency? Murphy, Humphries, Arenas, DJ?

Hopefully Mitch does not let that TPE expire tomorrow.

30t6p3b.gif
I'm starting to worry more and more as time goes on. Does Mitch really have a plan here?

I really will not be pleased if we step on the floor Christmas Day with Fisher as our starting PG...and I'm not even gonna discuss our depth considering we gave away Odom for free
30t6p3b.gif

I wonder if Mitch even has anything planned for this. Were pretty much going into the season with Fisher as our starting point guard still. His plan A already backfired.

i have no words...it doesnt look like management is doing anything. i cant even really see them doing some big blockbuster deal anymore since it appears as if there's nobody even left smh. just when i get over my depression of the nba being locked out. we finally come back just to shake up the snowglobe we call the lakers
frown.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

I am not mad with not getting Paul or Howard. The only thing that bothers me is the stupid Lamar trade.

Mitch could have gone to dinner with dude and given him candy or some %$*% and thing would have cooled down. Mitch went into panic mode lusting after TPE's.

There is no excuse for that. What stern did was out of his hands but he did not have to panic and deal Lamar. I don't buy it that he traded Lamar cause lamar wanted out.
He traded lamar cause he was feeling himself and thought the TPE would help.

he traded lamar because jim buss is making the decisions and is an idiot.  mitch answers to jim buss,  i doubt the odom trade was mitch's idea.

tim teufel:
Lulz ya can't stay at the top forever
OK, no, can't be at the top forever. But… well, quick, name every NBA team who has at least been in the Finals in every decade since the NBA started?

No, we can't be on top forever… but we don't stay down long.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

tim teufel:
Lulz ya can't stay at the top forever.sucks Kobe has about 3 good years left and it looks like one of them will be wasted this year
OK, no, can't be at the top forever. But… well, quick, name every NBA team who has at least been in the Finals in every decade since the NBA started?No, we can't be on top forever… but we don't stay down long.
wink.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man right now the Lakers look real bad on paper. They NEED to make some moves, they have less than they did last year and last year they were inconsistent and has a disappointing finish.

hey guys, the preseason games...will i need to activate my league pass to view them?? i need to see the lakers vs clippers nowwww. hmmm will cp3 be activated by friday...

Originally Posted by kash55

Man right now the Lakers look real bad on paper. They NEED to make some moves, they have less than they did last year and last year they were inconsistent and has a disappointing finish.

Not really...the gaping hole is at PG.  Otherwise the lineups are decent.

Edit:  I take it back somewhat; I looked at the backups at each position

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by kash55

Not really...the gaping hole is at PG.  Otherwise the lineups are decent.

Edit:  I take it back somewhat; I looked at the backups at each position
Yeah we just need a PG some Laker fans are just over dramatic saying we're a horrible team.

Another year with Fish at starting PG and no Lamar...another second round loss in the playoffs.

^ 2nd rd? hmmm, i dont know if we can even force that at the moment. not saying i dont believe in my guys, but if we possibly get a low seed...ay dios mio

Lakers get 2nd or 3rd seed.. Make it to the WCF... After that I don't know..

Over dramatic....

You gotta realize we still have a top 5 player at their position in 3 positions... And 1 position (SF) is filled with guys who play good Defense..

Teams that got better: Clippers (and it's not even by leaps and bounds.. They are a 6 or 7 seed next year), OKC (by getting older), GSW (by getting older), Memphis (by getting older)
Teams that got worse: San Antonio, Dallas (only by a tiniest of margins because losing Chandler is offset almost entirely by Odom), Portland, NOH

West is a wide open conference for LA...

How I see the Playoff standings:
1. OKC
2. Lakers
3. Grizzles
4. Mavericks
5. Spurs
6. Clippers
7. Warriors
8. Nuggets/Rockets

really curious as to what the 4 team trade looked like.

if its true that the clippers took the deal because the lakers deal was in place..
30t6p3b.gif

This is some BS forreal.
30t6p3b.gif

I love D-Fish but dude is not a starting point no more. I really hope Gasol don't start acting sensitive like he did in the playoffs. Kobe is gonna be Kobe but in order for this team to get back where they were Bynum is gonna have to live up to his potential.

**#@ Stern

Another thing to add in... Trade Deadline is in 3 months... 3 months is a long time for the Magic to sit with a disgruntled D12.. When they can't make any trades because no one wants their !%%$ contracts for major pieces that the Magic require to fufill D12's demands... There will end up being a deal for D12 & Hedo for Bynum/1st Rounder/ 2nd Rounder/(Fill in random name...Ebanks)/ Dallas Trade Exception

Best deal they will find... And you are kidding yourself if you think Brook Lopez is a better deal next year when the Magic will have to pay him $10+ million a year to keep him, making the 1 incentive of the trade obsolete..

And at least with Bynum they have after this year to decline the option... And if not can let him go the year after.. And in Summer 2013 the largest Magic contract on the books is JRich contract he just signed.

Back
Top Bottom