*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

dang kobe's head about to be clouded with personal disaster 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

^ Uuuuuum, can you name a time when Kobe's head was filled with personal disaster and that was a good thing for the rest of the league?
laugh.gif

Nevermind him. Thanks for the pics; I definitely appreciated them.
smile.gif
Good to see the purple and gold out there on the court. Period.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Exactly. He might even want to get amnestied just to switch hallways if it gets too ugly. 
wink.gif
He had the chance to do it in 2005 after serious allegations, what makes you think he'd do after a divorce? Honestly bro, you seem to be more interested with what's going on Lakerland than you do with your own team. It's quite apparent you post more on here than you do in the Clippers thread. 
Like I said in the other thread, if there's anyone on our team that go above this it's Kobe. He somehow can channel out personal distractions and focus on the game at hand. 

that kobe divorce thread in general is a joke.

30t6p3b.gif
at people having satisfaction with his personal problems. shows you how low their character is.

i could see laughing at the mavs sweeping them,  losing out on chris paul, or whatever other on court basketball struggles him and the lakers have but laughing at anyones personal problems is od to me.

i could care less about lebron but i felt that whole delonte gloria situation was foul and i wouldn't laugh at that.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Exactly. He might even want to get amnestied just to switch hallways if it gets too ugly. 
wink.gif
He had the chance to do it in 2005 after serious allegations, what makes you think he'd do after a divorce? Honestly bro, you seem to be more interested with what's going on Lakerland than you do with your own team. It's quite apparent you post more on here than you do in the Clippers thread. 
Like I said in the other thread, if there's anyone on our team that go above this it's Kobe. He somehow can channel out personal distractions and focus on the game at hand. 

it's all cali luv 
happy.gif

With Odom's departure, Ebanks has an opportunity

When Lamar Odom was shipped out of town for nobody in return, the Los Angeles Lakers’ already shallow bench became even more depleted.

The Lakers quickly signed free agent forward Josh McRoberts to fill in for the bulk of Odom’s minutes, but before that acquisition became official, Kobe Bryant put the onus of bench production on an unlikely candidate: Devin Ebanks.

Ebanks showed he might be capable of helping the void left by Odom (not to mention, Shannon Brown’s) departures with a strong showing at the Lakers’ intrasquad scrimmage at the Galen Center on the campus of the University of Southern California on Friday.

Ebanks scored 12 points, according to the unofficial stats sheet kept by the Lakers, going 4-for-6 from the field, 4-for-4 from the foul line and adding two assists and a steal in the 36-minute scrimmage.

Several of his baskets came on long jump shots -- one on the baseline with Bryant contesting, another on the wing on a catch-and-shoot after curling off a screen and another of the one-dribble pull-up variety when he found himself open near the 3-point line.

“Ebanks, being 6-9 and young and long and athletic, it’s great to see him not be afraid and step up and take the right shots,

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

more distraction to the team

Adversity builds character. This Laker team is going to have one helluva chip on its shoulder starting with Kobe. But this time, he'll be leading a team screwed by the league.

Oddly, I think all of this helps us. What if we play angry? Hustle to loose balls. Play hard defense for the first time in a LONG time.

It's tough to play angry in a shortened season though. I'm sure all of these guys don't want to think about getting injured, but they do.

Just a lot of games in a certain period of time. The only good thing about it is that every other team in the league is going to be dead tired as well and suffer their own set of injuries.

If we go down this season, I just hope everyone goes down playing their hearts out. What I saw from some of the guys in the NO and Dallas series was not what any of us expected.

I dont see Kobe's divorce have some sort of impact on the team or him. She filed on Dec 1st, he answered on Dec 7th and according to their statement its been settled. Maybe he gets more irritable from questions about it alomg with the Odom situation. But at the s rimage today he looked focused and ready to play. Just wonder if the sleave back on his arm is to cover his tat or for basketball reasons.

I think the divorce has a huge impact on Kobe. We all see break up threads in general but imagine how Kobe feels. Hes losing his wife of 10 years, the custody of his pride and joy, and half of net income. That is too much stress to handle. I know for sure when my gf broke up with me, it definitely affected me emotions on how I dealt wit things.

They're saying she automatically gets half of what he has after 10yrs of marriage. Sounds like to me she already knew this and waited until that time came.  His parents never did like her and always felt she was a gold digger. Guess they were right...
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom