'12 Bulls

29 days remaining...I say Bulls get the win in LaLa land and then Bears beat Pack to end winless streak

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

29 days remaining...I say Bulls get the win in LaLa land and then Bears beat Pack to end winless streak

Word....in my mind my christmas will play out with the bulls taking out L.A in a fierce dual between Rose and Bryant, followed by the return of Jay cutler who will throw the winning touchdown pass at lambeau destroying the packs undefeated season , watching this while wearing concord xi's .......dillusional maybe but a better christmas there could not be
pimp.gif

[h1]Bulls have flexibility under new deal[/h1] [h2]Rose contract extension might keep Bulls from being big players in free agent market[/h2]
By K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune reporter
9:27 p.m. CST, November 26, 2011
Saturday morning's 3:40 a.m. news conference in New York announcing a tentative agreement to end the NBA lockout will be memorable for years.

So, too, could be the league's plan to start a shortened, 66-game season with a Christmas Day tripleheader featuring, among other juicy matchups, the Bulls visiting the Lakers inside a star-studded Staples Center.

But with training camps and free agency tentatively scheduled to begin Dec. 9, pending expected approval from the league's owners and players, what Bulls fans want to know is: Who will be starting at shooting guard alongside Derrick Rose?

Granted, the new 10-year collective bargaining agreement, with potential opt-outs for either side after six years, carries greater sweep than that. Particularly because, once ratified, it will save a 2011-12 season that should build on the momentum from last season.

But while lockout rules prohibiting team officials from commenting or talking to players remain in place until the union re-forms to sign the collective bargaining agreement, short- and long-term effects for the Bulls can be gleaned.

The Bulls have roughly $64 million committed to 13 players for 2011-12, which is above a salary cap expected to remain near $58 million. They must decide whether to exercise their $1.73 million team option on starting shooting guard Keith Bogans, while Jannero Pargo's team option won't be picked up and John Lucas III is on a fully non-guaranteed deal.

Being above the salary cap means they will have to use exceptions to sign free agents. The mid-level exception will be $5 million for non-luxury-tax-paying teams, like the Bulls. Cheaper bi-annual and veteran's minimum exceptions are at their disposal as well.

While intriguing options such as Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford and Tayshaun Prince will be unrestricted free agents, the Bulls likely will monitor the amnesty wire to see which high-priced veterans from other teams get waived.

The Bulls have no plans to use their amnesty option on one of their own players this offseason. But if somebody like Vince Carter or Richard Hamilton shakes free via the amnesty market, signing such a scorer to a lower-priced deal might be more realistic than Richardson or Crawford.

That's because Rose will be signed to a maximum contract extension that begins in 2012-13. Under terms of the old collective bargaining agreement, Rose's deal would have started at roughly $14.5 million. However, it's expected the new CBA will feature language rewarding overachieving players such as, say, a youngest most valuable player in league history, to maximum extensions at 30 percent of the salary cap.

That would place Rose's starting salary closer to $17.4 million. With roughly $39.6 million already committed to Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah in 2012-13, the Bulls would be at $57 million for four players.

The luxury tax is slated to remain static near $70 million for the first two years of the new agreement. This is where Noah's descending salary and team options for 2012-13 on Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer and C.J. Watson might benefit the Bulls, who historically have avoided paying the luxury tax.

In a July 2009 interview with the Tribune, Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said he would pay the luxury tax "if I felt we had a guy who would put us over the top and put us in the Finals." Whether that applies with an increased revenue sharing plan and more punitive luxury tax penalties in the third year of this pending deal is unknown.

Until the luxury tax threshold increases for the 2013-14 season, the shooting guard position might be upgraded via trade or a smaller signing rather than a big splash. Though the Bulls remain high on Omer Asik and Taj Gibson, acquiring Nikola Mirotic's draft rights serves as big-man insurance should a trade option make sense.

Arron Afflalo would be an ideal fit this offseason. But as a restricted free agent, the Nuggets can match any offers he receives. Bogans, who started all 82 games, conceivably could return.

All those decisions will be fast and furious once the league opens for business. Through all the twists and turns, players ultimately will miss just two paychecks. And basketballs will be bouncing soon.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Jason Richardson or Shannon Brown 
nerd.gif

One is an aging over the hill shooter and can't create his own shot and the other is the same size as our Point Guard.

Pass.
but you're so high on JR Smith
ohwell.gif

I can @*%! with Joe Johnson though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Whats your point?  JR is 26 he's a legit 6' 5" he's an athletic wing who can create his own shot and has unlimited range.

Yea He's A Nut... But who isn't in this day in age
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

J.R. would be great for the Bulls. 3-point shooting guard who can handle the ball makes the Bulls a very tough team to beat.

It goes without saying I hope you guys don't get him, but yeah.. a good fit.

anyone order from chitownclothing.com before?  do the tees fit smaller/fitted? 
thanks

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Joe's
nerd.gif
?
1st big game after christmas vs orlando (jan fri 6th)
Maybe wait and see if the schedules after the Christmas games will change?

I'll do my best to make it this time....arStyle needs to make a presence lol

Joe Johnson would be epic. JR Smith don't sound too bad though, and sounds a little more realistic. Son might just get popped out there though 
roll.gif

I hope yall know that the amnesty rule must be excercised prior to a new season, if not, you are stuck with that player during the season, also, people who are waived will go to a bidding war for teams that are UNDER the cap, so you won't see teams over the cap eligible to sign those plays (No Baron to Lakers, etc) Also, if your salary is 10 mil a year and you get waived, and another team bids 6 mil, the original team pays the remaining 4 mil, you can't double dip.

Whats your point?  JR is 26 he's a legit 6' 5" he's an athletic wing who can create his own shot and has unlimited range.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
I'm not denying his talent but he just seems like too much of a wild card to me. 

I don't want him to start acting a fool or losing focus or suddenly having issues with Thibs at critical junctures of the postseason. 

I'd rather someone less talented but someone who you know what you're getting every single game. 

I mean, I don't want to face a scenario where Thibs has to sit JR in a critical game 4 because he didn't play defense in game 3 or disobeyed him in some way.  Talent is no good on the bench. 

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not denying his talent but he just seems like too much of a wild card to me. 

I don't want him to start acting a fool or losing focus or suddenly having issues with Thibs at critical junctures of the postseason. 

I'd rather someone less talented but someone who you know what you're getting every single game. 

I mean, I don't want to face a scenario where Thibs has to sit JR in a critical game 4 because he didn't play defense in game 3 or disobeyed him in some way.  Talent is no good on the bench. 

You definitely have valid points.  I'd still take the risk, high risk high reward.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You definitely have valid points.  I'd still take the risk, high risk high reward.
JR can shoot you in a game and then turn around and shoot you right out of a game. I would rather see Aaron Afflalo than JR to be honest. 

Yea see the thing about that is 2 fold... 1 he's a restricted free agent who they're very high on so the chances of us prying him away are slim... 2 we've never seen him create his own shot, something that is extremely needed on this roster at that position.

Afflalo reminds me of a younger Bogans..but with longer arms. He's a good spot up 3pt shooter and a solid defender, but as Cake said he's not a shot creator.

Anybody think Roy could be a good fit for the Bulls? It's pretty much a lock that he's gonna be amnestied by Portland.

As much as I love Brandon he has no cartilage in his knees... He's done
tired.gif

If this wasn't the case he wouldn't even be discussed.

I wouldn't mind Mayo, Rip, or maybe even J. Crawford.  Crawford wants to go back to the NY area so that's a done deal I believe.

Chicago Bulls Fans ALERT Free Pocket Schedules *MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX WHERE IT SAYS BULLS POCKET SCHEDULE UNDER I WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE

http://www.nba.com/bulls/...information_request.html
Thanks for the posting this.  Submitted my info.  Me and some buddies looking for info on the 11 game package anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom