'12 Bulls

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

I'd even take Vince at 3 mil a year, anything but Bogans.
Oooh...I don't know about Vince. He's under consideration as being part of my sig's upcoming disclaimer list.  He can still probably score, but he's getting old and still lacks a beating heart.

Is Caron Butler fully recovered from his injury? I would love for the Bulls to steal him away from the Mavs. They don't need him anyway lol.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

I'd even take Vince at 3 mil a year, anything but Bogans.
Oooh...I don't know about Vince. He's under consideration as being part of my sig's upcoming disclaimer list.  He can still probably score, but he's getting old and still lacks a beating heart.

Yeh, I know. But if all else fails and we can't get the bigger names, I'd settle for Vince. Like you say, ANYONE but Bogans.

Always been a Bulls "fan", I think this season I will actually watch the games (pretty hard when you're living in Finland)..

Have to bookmark this topic!

Originally Posted by JackieBoy

Always been a Bulls "fan", I think this season I will actually watch the games (pretty hard when you're living in Finland)..

Have to bookmark this topic!

check ya pm 

Originally Posted by amel223

Is Caron Butler fully recovered from his injury? I would love for the Bulls to steal him away from the Mavs. They don't need him anyway lol.

<I think he's fully recovered? His name was mentioned on Chicago Tribune Live today since he's an unrestricted FA, along with the usual suspects. The panel said nay to TMac...maybe to Vince. Consensus is that they think there will be a new starting SG.

I can't go with Vince no matter what the price...the defense isn't there and how long before his 3 chucking becomes a problem on the squad

If the NBA is going to blackball the players that signed with China, knowing full well they might be stuck, I highly doubt that JR would sign Smith or Chandler. I think both would be good options at the 2.

Butler would be interesting too, but I think all these options might be dead with the new "Derrick Rose" rule

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see our team go....even with our weaknesses, we made it to the ECF. I see nothing less this yr and a finals trip given the right pickup.

"CAN'T WAIT!"

[h3]Why Thomas prefers Bulls over Knicks[/h3]
8:53AM ET

The New York Knicks may be interested in signing free agent power forward Kurt Thomas, however he is reportedly leaning towards returning to the Chicago Bulls.

Thomas' agent tells the New York Post that the veteran big man only wants to play for a team the can contend for a championship this season and that's obviously not the Knicks.

"Kurt thinks Chicago has the pieces to win a championship," Jerry Hicks said. "And that's the only reason Kurt is still playing -- to win a championship. The Bulls have those pieces. Are the Knicks there? Do they have all the pieces? I don't know."

The New York Daily News mentions Dallas and Miami as possible destinations for Thomas.

"That's the great thing about free agency," Thomas said. "A lot of things can happen. Teams have to make a decision on players but I also have a say in where I might end up."

Thomas made $1.8 million last season and he'll probably get a one-year contract around that figure this season.

-- Nick Borges

[h3]Watson's new role[/h3]
The Chicago Bulls need a shooting guard and many have Jason Richardson as their main free agent target.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune suggests another scenario could take place in-house by moving C.J. Watson from point guard to shooting guard.

That could lead them to sign a veteran point guard.

Johnson writes: "Bulls management talked last season and through this offseason about playing Watson more off the ball in 2011-12, which would lead them to pursue veteran help to back up Derrick Rose at point guard. One possibility could be T.J. Ford. Bulls management has liked Ford in the past, and he's represented by Arn Tellem, who's also Derrick Rose's agent. Tellem long has had a strong relationship with Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf."

The Bulls can open up a roster spot and remove $1.73 million from their books if they waive Keith Bogans once free agency begins on Dec. 9.

-- Nick Borges

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

nerd.gif

Crawford wont accept $ 5 mil to play on a championship contender. I think we get J-Rich. Although Caron is interesting.

The Chicago Bulls need a shooting guard and many have Jason Richardson as their main free agent target.

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune suggests another scenario could take place in-house by moving C.J. Watson from point guard to shooting guard.

Johnson writes: "Bulls management talked last season and through this offseason about playing Watson more off the ball in 2011-12, which would lead them to pursue veteran help to back up Derrick Rose at point guard. One possibility could be T.J. Ford. Bulls management has liked Ford in the past, and he's represented by Arn Tellem, who's also Derrick Rose's agent. Tellem long has had a strong relationship with Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf."

The Bulls can open up a roster spot and remove $1.73 million from their books if they waive Keith Bogans once free agency begins on Dec. 9.

-- Nick Borges

So we are going to bring in a small guard so we can put our small backup point guard at shooting guard? nah I'm not even tryna hear that
30t6p3b.gif
The last thing CJ Watson needs is a reason to throw up bad shots

Originally Posted by jmause3

-- Nick Borges

So we are going to bring in a small guard so we can put our small backup point guard at shooting guard? nah I'm not even tryna hear that
30t6p3b.gif
The last thing CJ Watson needs is a reason to throw up bad shots
Well, KC Johnson is Mr. "Bucket of Cold Water".  I literally 
laugh.gif
when I read the article.

oh & i have a few spots open for fantasy basketball so if you want in pm me your email address

the draft is thursday @ 3:45

Originally Posted by arstyle27

On a side note, do any of my fellow Chicagoans have an easy in for the XI's ?

was working on something, but it's looking like it wont fall thru....people r too thirsty for these, more than I anticipated 
frown.gif

and K.C is sooooooooooooo boring.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom