'12 Bulls

Just so ya'll know, ima bring home another Championship to Chicago, and to NT ,by winning Cold City's fantasy league.

Young's going to want to get a nice pay check with this being his first free agency and all... Doubt Wash let him walk for chump change.

Even though they have Shard & Blanche's contracts already on the books

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by sthebest

On a side note, do any of my fellow Chicagoans have an easy in for the XI's ?

what size are you? Im getting mines at my brother's store and it's guaranteed not to be a super long wait
Size 13 fam. Any help would be appreciated. Otherwise,  Im trying online or the mall
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
arstyle27 and others, another option you may want to consider are some of the European online stores.  I got my BC IIIs from sneakersnstuff based out of Sweden (www.sneakersnstuff.com).  SNS did a pre-order about a week prior to release and also did a re-stock a few days afterwards.  They're definitely legit and my pair came out in better condition than the one I got from NT Chicago.  They also ended up being about $10 cheaper than what I paid here.  If you don't mind waiting a few days after release to get your shoes, they may be a good option IMO. 

"It wasn’t my teammates’ fault we lost last year," Rose said. "It was me not making the plays and not playing smart enough throughout the whole game. Last year will help me grow this year as a player more mentally. I’ll know what to do. Hopefully, by me looking at film and really studying, when I get in those situations again, it will be totally different."
D.Rose on losing to Miami , and the coming season.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he blamed himself 

Just so ya'll know, ima bring home another Championship to Chicago, and to NT ,by winning Cold City's fantasy league.

didnt know your were a comedian AR 
roll.gif

Until Reinsdorf actually goes into the luxury tax im not believing a word he says.

Full schedule comes out Tuesday

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I have no faith in this FO though... I'm serious about that.

I'm fully prepared to go into the season with Bogans as our starting 2

I feel the exact same way, somehow they're going to spin how the little engine that could team only needs experience to beat the heat, and some people are going to chew that garbage up and believe it,
but the fact is we're in a little trouble, we're over paying 3 role players (Booz, Noah, Deng) who at their best are above average. Even if we somehow got a decent 2 (Jrich, Roy, Butler) it's not enough,

we need another DOMINANT PLAYER, but that will take us doing what pax was ultimately too scared to do to get Melo, and that's trade noah, and Deng. 

Pax is too attached to them to trade them, and they're not going to Amnesty Boozer, they're hoping he can play better, but he's not he's going to, he's going to be lazy, out of shape and injury prone, so all of that "quiet the haters" talk won't mean anything.  With Chris Paul about force his way to NY, there are going to be 2 more dominate scoring teams in the east, problem is we're only built for defense and scoring is our biggest weakness, (see playoffs last season) we need a 2 guard, and D12. Problem is our FO doesn't have enough balls to make the move to do it, and Dwight is probably too silly to see that going to LA isn't going to help him get ring(s) with Kobe on his last legs and going against OKC in the west, and MIA, and soon to be NY in the east, etc. the only way to beat these super teams(MIA, Soon 2b NY) is to join one unfortunately, but following Shaq seems to be more appealing to him. So be prepared to be a 2nd or 3rd place team in a increasingly tougher east unless we get another DOMINANT player, which probably isn't going to happen
eyes.gif

I hear JR talking, and would love to believe he got the spirit of The Boss, but all I can do is watch and wait. I feel that Nick Young, if he could play at Thib's defensive level, would give us long term contention in the east and this year especially. I just can't see us paying him enough to bringhim over...and Washington can match.

Cake, I see your point with Caron, but we are the same Bulls team that signed Boozer to a mega contract last summer. All we can do is hope he is ready to go the whole year without injuries going forward.

I got a killer fantasy team and didnt even pick em. Westbrook, Rondo, Stuckey with kevin Love and Paul Pierce as headliners.

Originally Posted by SnapNPop

I feel the exact same way, somehow they're going to spin how the little engine that could team only needs experience to beat the heat, and some people are going to chew that garbage up and believe it,
but the fact is we're in a little trouble, we're over paying 3 role players (Booz, Noah, Deng) who at their best are above average. Even if we somehow got a decent 2 (Jrich, Roy, Butler) it's not enough,

we need another DOMINANT PLAYER, but that will take us doing what pax was ultimately too scared to do to get Melo, and that's trade noah, and Deng. 

Pax is too attached to them to trade them, and they're not going to Amnesty Boozer, they're hoping he can play better, but he's not he's going to, he's going to be lazy, out of shape and injury prone, so all of that "quiet the haters" talk won't mean anything.  With Chris Paul about force his way to NY, there are going to be 2 more dominate scoring teams in the east, problem is we're only built for defense and scoring is our biggest weakness, (see playoffs last season) we need a 2 guard, and D12. Problem is our FO doesn't have enough balls to make the move to do it, and Dwight is probably too silly to see that going to LA isn't going to help him get ring(s) with Kobe on his last legs and going against OKC in the west, and MIA, and soon to be NY in the east, etc. the only way to beat these super teams(MIA, Soon 2b NY) is to join one unfortunately, but following Shaq seems to be more appealing to him. So be prepared to be a 2nd or 3rd place team in a increasingly tougher east unless we get another DOMINANT player, which probably isn't going to happen
eyes.gif
1. Gar is the GM not Paxson.

2. Boozer is gonna beast this season.

"It’s kind of crazy they made a Derrick Rose rule but I’m happy they did," he said. "That’s free money."
roll.gif
he speaks so candidly!

eyes.gif
This is too cynical even for me. If the Bulls FO is bad,  95% of them are bad. 
The FO is doing just fine. NY will never be MIA. Defense wins. Don't ever forget that. 

eyes.gif
1. Gar is the GM not Paxson.

2. Boozer is gonna beast this season.
1. Pax has a big say in what they do Gar is the GM by title
2. Maybe, Maybe Not

Originally Posted by HankMoody

eyes.gif
The FO is doing just fine. NY will never be MIA. Defense wins. Don't ever forget that. 
1. I didn't say they were bad, I'm just being honest in saying they're scared of doing what it takes to win, they think they can win as constructed and they can't, they're too attached to overpaid role players and everything else I said was on point whether you agree with it or not.
2. that's why they're going to fire D'Antonio 
laugh.gif
 and if they manage to get chris paul that gives them a strength, where miami is weak, which is why getting D12 would allow us to destroy them, in their two weakest areas PG, and C.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

eyes.gif
1. I didn't say they were bad, I'm just being honest in saying they're scared of doing what it takes to win, they think they can win as constructed and they can't, they're too attached to overpaid role players and everything else I said was on point whether you agree with it or not.
2. that's why they're going to fire D'Antonio 
laugh.gif
 and if they manage to get chris paul that gives them a strength, where miami is weak, which is why getting D12 would allow us to destroy them, in their two weakest areas PG, and C.
Noah was at 3.2 million last year... Howard without Noah is not a better team. Orlando didnt even entertain the idea of a Howard trade either.
Deng and Noah for Melo... Toronto wouldn't even take Deng's contract last summer in a Bosh trade. No one wants or still wants the contract.
Even at 11 Noah is paid about right.... Boozer isnt gone, because they have not explored his trade value yet. But if the situation arises when ever it does he will be gone for a better player.
Look at our cap situation. Nene might be marginally better than Boozer.... Might be and if career numbers are in play he isnt in the same caliber. Same with Gasol. And that last season even for a bunch of disappointed Bulls fans was the worst Carlos has ever been. 2 years and then the big decline imo...
So the answer isn't out there this season next season is Dwight and the PG's.. While I personally would consider Williams or Paul in the same back court as Rose it would have to be Williams simply cause of size. Thats a pipe dream though. Dwight.... When I mentioned it in the season thread last year ( after that bleacher reports article)
tired.gif
It would have to involve Boozer, and Noah. And taking back a bad contract (Hedu) no thanks. Rose is 23, Deng is 26, and Noah is 25. Boozer sure... Asik or Gibson... prob just cause of minutes.... All three and having to take back Hedu... with Deng on the same length insuring he stays the duration... Nope. Ok so Dwight is a UFA next year... Unless he expresses a clear interest as a UFA I wouldn't do it.
While I think the trade situation would get it done... He is more likely to go to Houston or Washington at this point...

So simply for trade potiental ( until like 15-20 teams actually use the amnesty) it makes the team more money to keep him at least the next 2 years. Not to mention that even if it doesnt work out in a title in 2 years... Korver, Brewer, Watson will all be off the books for sure ( Watson has a team option for 2012-2013) So we have Jimmy Butler, Rose, Deng, Boozer, and Noah under contract for 2012 that's a total of 61.2 prob give 2 million for Rose... That insures either Deng, or Boozer gets the amnesty. Boozer gets it were at 46.3 thats enough cap space for a player... But that's assuming that we don't do anything dumb long term... If Nick Young is serious about becoming a complete and better player and we decide we want him, he wont sign for more than a couple years to cash in on his prime. And if he is worth the money we sign him at 7-15 a season ( he will either get a bit better, and be a good fit, or he will rise to the level of his athletic ability and be a monster) Don't want Affalo... doesn't get us past Miami this year, and doesn't have room for growth. Smith is a similar risk to Young thus is welcome. Richardson doesn't have the upside long term, but 2 years almost no matter the price is worth it.

If there were something realistic where we traded Korver and Brewer and got better or stayed close to the same before we had to cut Boozer before the season I would be down... That applies to next season too, but if in 2 years Deng, and Boozers contracts are gone and there are no bad contracts or signings I would be elated. Forman tried, and it didn't work. Rose is in his prime, and its full speed away.....
I would be pissed about the situation, but FA's and UFA specifically are few and far between.
I still think Boozer if healthy ( a big if) outplays Bosh Spice in the playoffs. All things considered... Amar'e at what he played like might have won us a title, but that risk was too high at 100 million ( and the cap numbers it brought) Bosh was Wade's girl last summer, and Al Jefferson isn't a winner.

This year we can look forward to Rose prob scoring the same more efficient though, a new SG, a in shape Boozer ( hopefully) Taj getting better, Watson getting a better role for himself/ getting better in his role. We can look forward to Asik hopefully being more than a dunker, Korver being gone hopefully, and Brewer having never broken his arm as a kid ( I wish)

Unrelated, but maybe related. I heard D Rose used to gang bang at a young age and is good in the hood. Meaning he's untouchable, anyone from Chi Town hear this?

By K.C. Johnson, Tribune reporter
1:16 p.m. CST, December 2, 2011

Ronnie Brewer has heard the talk too.

Upgrade at shooting guard and the Bulls can compete for a championship.

Entering this training camp healthy, unlike last season, Brewer has his own thoughts.

"Whatever we have to do to win, I’m all about that," Brewer said Friday at the Berto Center. "Me as a player, I have to do everything I possibly can to contribute. Whether that’s a starting role or coming off the bench, I can’t let that stuff stop me from doing what I have to do to be better and help this team. That’s why I work every day as hard as I can. If my number is called, I will be ready. I feel like Thibs can count on me and feel confident whenever he puts me in the game."

Translated for coach Tom Thibodeau: Brewer thinks he can be that starting shooting guard.

"Last year, I was a little unhealthy," Brewer said. "Not that I felt like it changed the season because I feel we had a great season and Keith (Bogans) did a phenomenal job and I did pretty well with the role I had. But now no matter who they bring in or if they bring Keith back, it’s going to be a fight in training camp. We’re going to push each other and make each other better at that two spot."

Like everybody else, Brewer is excited the collective bargaining agreement is about to be ratified. He thinks the Bulls' continuity and chemistry can be beneficial this season.

"It’s going to be hectic with free agency and teams getting rosters filled," he said. "I think it’s good and neat we have a good core group of guys on our team already. By the end of this weekend, you’re going to have almost everybody back in town working out together. That’s helpful, especially with how quick it’s going to be from training camp to the first game on Christmas. I know Thibs is going to push us pretty hard."

For more of Brewer's interview, check Saturday's print edition of the Tribune.

Love Ron Ron Juice. Hope he poses more of a threat on O this year. He was a great addition.

Just watched a mix of Rose. So ready for the season. He is so good. If he does have better iso plays, look the hell out. Interested to see if he will go to the post. Kinda early in his career to focus on that at 23... but it just shows his maturity and thrive to be the best.

Howard without Noah is not a better team.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you made good points but i don't agree with that…..rose and howard at just about any cost would make us a better team…….you wouldn't trade noah and boozer picks for howard and hedo? or something like that.   i'd be real happy with that and add a player with the MLE. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]young sounds like a good option, at  what cost? MLE for 2-3 years but the wiz would match.   maybe they won't match if we offer the max years which i think is 4-5?? [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i think the bulls will end of just keeping the roster as is, boozer will have a  good year and suck the rest of his contract, they need to sell high after the season….boozer for joe johnson![/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by Air273

Howard without Noah is not a better team.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you made good points but i don't agree with that…..rose and howard at just about any cost would make us a better team…….you wouldn't trade noah and boozer picks for howard and hedo? or something like that.   i'd be real happy with that and add a player with the MLE. [/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]young sounds like a good option, at  what cost? MLE for 2-3 years but the wiz would match.   maybe they won't match if we offer the max years which i think is 4-5?? [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i think the bulls will end of just keeping the roster as is, boozer will have a  good year and suck the rest of his contract, they need to sell high after the season….boozer for joe johnson![/font]

[/font]

[/font]

No way.

Back
Top Bottom