'12 Bulls

[h1]
[h1]Derrick Rose likely out Monday[/h1]

Updated: March 25, 2012, 3:08 PM ET
By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose will likely miss his seventh consecutive game Monday night because of a groin injury. He continued his rehabilitation during Sunday afternoon's light practice at the Berto Center, but coach Tom Thibodeau hinted that Rose will be unavailable to play against the Denver Nuggets. Thibodeau acknowledged that Rose hasn't done much running at all.

[h4]Chicago Bulls Blog[/h4]
Follow Derrick Rose and the Bulls.
Blog »   Latest on Rose »  Pics
photo.png

"Very little," Thibodeau said. "But he's at the next phase. (He's) just starting off with the running on a treadmill."

Rose, who has missed 16 games this season because of various injuries, admitted before Saturday night's win over the Toronto Raptors that his groin injury was a little more serious than initially thought.

"(I'm feeling) way better," Rose said. "(When the injury occurred) I was actually bleeding, my groin was bleeding, but now it's healed. It's just scar tissue and it's pretty hard trying to get that to move around, it's going to take little time."

Rose said he hadn't been given a timetable as to when he would be able to return.

"Not yet," he said. "These things, (the medical staff) was telling me there was no time period. People have healed in a couple of days, in my case it's taking a little bit of time."

Rose has been taking shots during practices and before games, but that's all he's been able to do since the initial injury during a March 12 game against the New York Knicks. The Bulls are now 12-4 without Rose this season.

"It's hard, it's definitely hard, but at the same time I'm happy that they're playing great," Rose said. "We're winning games. Of course I want to be out there, I hate being injured, but right now we're in a good groove."
[/h1]

The *@%$ did the Buul do to himself?!?
eek.gif

I'm not a doctor, but don't groin injuries involve some sort of internal bleeding?  It just depends on the degree, and maybe Derrick just phrased it incorrectly.  I don't think he was spouting blood from his nether regions...

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Scouts' Takes: Lakers, Knicks and More[/h4]
By Marc Stein

Chicago's talks with the Los Angeles Lakers regarding Pau Gasol before the trade deadline never got too far, largely because the Lakers had no interest in taking back Carlos Boozer ... and because the Bulls weren't about to find a third team willing to join the talks to absorb the three years and $47 million remaining on Boozer's deal to help Chicago get the Spaniard.

File this away, though.

Sources with knowledge of Chicago's thinking told ESPN.com that Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf was prepared last week to go into the luxury tax if necessary if a legit trade scenario involving Gasol had materialized.

Which suggests that the Bulls, if they're that high on Pau, are bound to try to trade for him again.

Nor have they abandoned hope of courting Dwight Howard via trade, sources said, despite Howard's longstanding coolness toward the idea of relocating to Chicago and the extra season he just committed to Orlando by opting in for the 2012-13 season.

bleeding = bruising

dont get caught up in drose lack of med terminology...trainer probly told him what happened and as stated above, he didnt phrase it quite right in his response

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Question: is there a good shop in the downtown Chicago area that sells Bulls gear?
There's a Fans Edge in River North... 55 E. Grand, between State and Michigan.  They had a decent selection of Bulls gear.

Or if you're near the UC there's a Clark Street Sports directly across the street from the UC...1960 W. Madison.[font=verdana, geneva][/font]

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Question: is there a good shop in the downtown Chicago area that sells Bulls gear?
There's a Fans Edge in River North... 55 E. Grand, between State and Michigan.  They had a decent selection of Bulls gear.

Or if you're near the UC there's a Clark Street Sports directly across the street from the UC...1960 W. Madison.[font=verdana, geneva][/font]
Damn, that's like right where the Nordstrom is. Okay, I know exactly where that is. Probably not going to make it to the UC area. Thanks for the info.

Well, this is a loss.

The walking wounded just have to get fully healthy and gel in time for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Denver running circles around us
30t6p3b.gif
They're more athletic..the Bulls' advantage is that they typically play much better as a unit.  That's clearly not the case tonight.

Plus Boozer isn't/didn't get the ball enough, IMO.

Anyone in for a pool on when Rose and Rip finally play again? $5 in???

Tough loss last night...I usually just watch patiently knowing we are gonna come back. Last night, I got the sense early in the fourth this would be an L

Good win tonigjt, Taj had his own Jam Session mixtape tonight 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

has anyone noticed the Boozer of old is slowly but surely starting to come back? dude has actually been dunking these past few games 
eek.gif

re booz: best shape he's been in for quite some time

hope he can have a good playoff run, gonna need it

Bulls looked good last night. Nice bounce back win. Rip should be back for tomorrow night's game, hopefully for good this time.

glad chi got the condensed stuff out of the way

after the asb. they had the least amt of games scheduled and the most home games

Da R Entertainment wrote:
This shortened season definitely has felt like longer one with the cramming of games.

This...and it feel like D.Rose has been out for an eternity. But I like it, we are becoming a better team. We know we don't NEED him to win games...but him being healthy gives us a big advantage...now....we must stop Bosh and the Chip is OURS...
#RoadToNumber7

cb33690c1b909649696f3d4ffe83c79601addf96_r.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

This shortened season definitely has felt like longer one with the cramming of games.
Truth.

might see some RIP tonight
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

This is all we need.
Give Rip about 13-14 games to get acclimated, let the team gel and make a deep run in the playoff's.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom