'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

There is something fundamentally wrong with these kids heads,
30t6p3b.gif

Orlando Brown (Dude from the Browns who had the eye injury due to the red hitting him w/ the flag) has a son who is a 2014 recruit. Dude is 6'10 350
eek.gif
laugh.gif

^ Yeah, he goes to Dematha

[h1][/h1]
[h1]UA to offer multiyear scholarships [/h1]
TUSCALOOSA _ Even though the University of Alabama recently voted against multiyear scholarship legislation, a school spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the Crimson Tide football program will take advantage of the new rule beginning with the Class of 2013.

6_349696.jpg

Nick Saban made it clear in December that he wasn't in favor of multiyear scholarships, but will now offer them.

Although some other football programs did offer multiyear scholarships in conjunction with National Signing Day earlier this month, Alabama still finished with the nation’s No. 1 signing class per 247Sports.

The Southeastern Conference voted as a league in favor of multiyear scholarships with the vote concluding on Feb. 17.

“I am pleased that student-athletes will continue to benefit from the ability of institutions to offer athletics aid for more than one year, but it’s clear that there are significant portions of the membership with legitimate concerns,

Originally Posted by dreClark

Orlando Brown (Dude from the Browns who had the eye injury due to the red hitting him w/ the flag) has a son who is a 2014 recruit. Dude is 6'10 350
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Reminds me back in the day when I would create OL in Madden.
laugh.gif

I think he hurt his back

http://www.presnapread.com/category/a-retrospective/
A Retrospective
[h2]The Year in Review: U.C.L.A. (6-8, 5-4)[/h2][h4]By Paul Myerberg   //   Feb 27, 2012[/h4]
Urban Meyer aced his hires, as most expected, and Kevin Sumlin brought no slouches to Texas A&M, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Paul Chryst brought the band with him to Pittsburgh, which should help the Panthers land the degree of consistency they craved after Todd Graham’s one-and-done year with the program. Rich Rodriguez brought some quality names with him to Arizona; it’s not surprising that his offensive staff is loaded, but reeling in Jeff Casteel was his biggest hiring coup. If you’re looking for the best new staff in college football, however, the conversation begins and ends in Westwood.

It’s the first two weeks of any a coach’s tenure, and it’s the most important two weeks of his tenure. It’s absolutely vital. It trumps every single endeavor from that point forward, because every move he makes from those weeks on — every decision he makes — is directly impacted by the hires he makes over the first two weeks, give or take.

Jim Mora hit it out of the park. His new staff, hired in the weeks after he was named as Rick Neuheisel’s successor on Dec. 10, is so good that it overwrites the most looming concern surrounding his arrival: Mora, after decades in the N.F.L., knew nothing about the college game.

Mora knew enough to hire the right man at nearly every spot on his new staff, and that’s all that counts — for now, at least. And while he’ll encounter a learning curve over the next few weeks as U.C.L.A. begins spring ball, and again in August, as the Bruins begin preparing for the regular season, Mora brought on the sort of staff that will help him bridge the gap between N.F.L. lifer and F.B.S. neophyte.

His offensive coordinator, Noel Mazzone, will update U.C.L.A.’s offense for the new-look Pac-12, where offense rules the day, while having a tremendous impact on the program’s perennially underachieving quarterbacks. Mazzone piloted a top 25 offense at Arizona State last fall, helping turn Brock Osweiller into a potential high N.F.L. draft pick.

In Mazzone, Mora gets the best of all worlds: he’s one of the most experienced play-callers in college football; he’s one of the most touted quarterback tutors in college football; and he’s very up to date on all that the Pac-12 as a conference attempts to do defensively.

In defensive coordinator Lou Spanos, Mora brought in one of the most knowledgeable 3-4 technicians in football. After 15 seasons on the staff with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Spanos spent the last two years with the Washington ********, helping that franchise implement its 3-4 look. He’ll do the same at U.C.L.A., with Mora — don’t forget about his defensive pedigree — lending his voice and assistance when needed.

Two more assistants come off the N.F.L. ranks. Linebackers coach and special teams coordinator Jeff Ulbrich, a former linebacker himself, spent the last two years as a special teams assistant with the Seattle Seahawks. Wide receivers coach Eric Yarber arrives from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he spent the last two seasons in the same capacity.

New running backs Steve Broussard has spent the last five seasons in the Pac-12, with the last two under Mazzone at Arizona State. His calling card is that experience and familiarity with the league and the Bruins’ new coordinator. Those inroads Broussard has in Los Angeles and the surrounding area will come in handy.

In Adrian Klemm, Mora might have hired the best recruiter in the country. If not the best, Klemm, U.C.L.A.’s offensive line coach, is certainly in the top short list. On Twitter, Klemm greeted every new commitment with the same refrain: “8 CLAP!!!!!

Well my Seminoles start spring practice in 20 days....2012 has been the year we projected for a National Title run since Jimbo became head coach....lets hope things go as planned

Originally Posted by az5950

Well my Seminoles start spring practice in 20 days....2012 has been the year we projected for a National Title run since Jimbo became head coach....lets hope things go as planned
Just in time for the world to end
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Played RB in HS. Rushed for damn near 2K last year.

Better fit than Farmer was. Plus he can probably get on the field quicker and make an impact.

You wouldn't want this on the field @ the same time w/ Lee and Woods? Plus you can flex him out wide and get him matched up w/ a LB? Then throw Farmer into the mix?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Agholor is incredible with the ball in his hand.

But not @ RB in college, he has a smaller frame....translates better to WR, or even safety because of his jumping ability

But not @ RB in college, he has a smaller frame....translates better to WR, or even safety because of his jumping ability

He plays in the Pac-12 - he'll be fine.

Plus, he'll probably take the same "supplements" that Brian Cushing did.

Originally Posted by FlaHustler1024

laugh.gif

We Return 10 out of 12 starters on a top 5 defense, the ACC finally got it right with scheduling, We have a young and improving O-Line, and a proven QB, with a solid to above avg Receiving Corps....I predict 9-3 @ worst and possible 12-0 with our schedule..... meanwhile the Gators don't even know who their QB will be, and don't even have a proven WR, and Miami is a dumpster fire.....I can continue...lol

Originally Posted by University of Nike

He plays in the Pac-12 - he'll be fine.

Plus, he'll probably take the same "supplements" that Brian Cushing did.

USC can only have 75 scholarship players because of the sanctions....depth will def be an issue after this season....I just don't see his frame being able to take that punishment in College

Kid is gonna be like 200 lbs in college......he'll be fine. Ya don't need to be built like T-Rich to be successful running the ball.

And until anything is known about Erving or Glauser, it's hard to predict anything w/ FSU. EJ needs to continue to improve this spring. WR are by far the best seg on offense.

Back
Top Bottom