'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

9c7ca49c877211e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

TBray rockin the Mullet. Bidness in the front, party in the back

[h1]Alabama's $30K BCS trophy shattered[/h1]

Updated: April 16, 2012, 6:45 PM ET
By Alex Scarborough | TideNation

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- A piece of history from the University of Alabama's championship run was shattered on Saturday afternoon following the Crimson Tide's annual A-Day scrimmage.

[h4]More from TideNation[/h4]
333.gif
Everything Alabama, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com's TideNation.
More:
• ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
• ESPN.com's SEC blog

The Coaches' Trophy from this season's BCS national title was accidentally knocked off its podium and shattered by a player's father whose foot got caught on a rug that sits beneath the trophy display. The Waterford Crystal trophy was on display in the Mal Moore Athletic Facility halls, home to coach Nick Saban's office and other athletic personnel.

The handmade trophy sculpted in Ireland is valued at $30,000. The university previously had two such trophies, one at the Paul W. Bryant Museum and the other at the athletic facility. A university spokesman confirmed that they will immediately begin the process of replacing the trophy.

The crystal football has been a fragile piece in recent years. In 2008, Florida had its broken when then-recruit Orson Charles fumbled the ball away. In 2004, Florida State had a pair of trophies stolen from a glass case outside of Bobby Bowden's office during renovation of the building.

Charlie Green, trophy manager for the American Football Coaches Association, said he uses adhesive tape to secure the ball when it's toured around the country and advises universities to take the same precautions when displaying it.

"It's pretty fragile, I guess," Green said. "It only weighs about 8 pounds so I can see where if it gets bumped it would roll off."

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait, oregon painted a picture of the rings they got for losing in the campship game?
roll.gif
Nothing in that vid did anything for me.  Sweet locker room, but I saw no trophies, a fake ring, and more jersey's than big Bowl wins.  Fugazi everything. 
pimp.gif

And lots of pictures of Phil Knight. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait, oregon painted a picture of the rings they got for losing in the campship game?
roll.gif
Nothing in that vid did anything for me.  Sweet locker room, but I saw no trophies, a fake ring, and more jersey's than big Bowl wins.  Fugazi everything. 
pimp.gif

And lots of pictures of Phil Knight. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Be honest, that only has to do with your hatred of Oregon.  That locker room and their facilities are incredible.  Some schools have had to get ahead in the facilities race in order to try and build something, obviously Phil Knight money took it to a different level.  I think the whole idea of their uniforms being such a focus and weekly, "This is what we're wearing this weekend!" is kinda corny but there's no doubt it's helped (lack of tropies aside).
Originally Posted by dreClark

Clemson backup QB Tony McNeal tore his ACL on the last play of the spring game. Will miss 2012
I feel bad for the kid.  Probably wouldn't see the field anytime soon anyway but it happened on the last play of a tied spring game with time expired.  He was trying to run away from a DE and his knee buckled, you could tell right away.  Tore the other one in HS too.  I blame Dabo...for both knees.

Nuk Hopkins was our only good WR his freshman year, got overshadowed by Sammy last year but looks really good.  Won't matter if our OL can't give Tajh time.

Lot of names for our coaching search, but I'm thinking Kirby Smart has a little fire behind the smoke.

John Daly campaigning hard for Gruden, don't think Long wants to go with him though.

The $(contract or buyout) nor facilities are an issue with anyone.

Absolutely their lockerroom is incredible. Gorgeous. Call me crazy, but when the appeal of your program is lighting and vented lockers, you have issues.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I watched the Michigan Spring game, how highly thought of� is Devon Gardner up in AA?

I didnt see too much I liked about him last year and the spring game he was pretty non-chalant
Probably the 2nd best athlete on the team but the problem is, he is behind the best athlete on the field.... Also, he is the backup QB but could prob be best used as a WR.... The 3rd string QB, Bellomy, is not anywhere near ready to play QB so Devin will have to stay off the field at WR IMO because the risk is too big if he gets hurt like Stanton did at MSU a fw years ago....As a QB, he s not progressing as fast as he should and should be a a decent 1 year starter but nowhere near the hype when coming out of HS.... I think Devin Funchess comes in and fills the that spot that Garnder could provide... I think Funchess is going to be a real good addition to this offense.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Lot of names for our coaching search, but I'm thinking Kirby Smart has a little fire behind the smoke.

Pleeeeeeease make this happen. Go Kirby, Go!!!
zspgcx.jpg

Gunna-Vonn Bell a sure thing? Or is there some wiggle room 
nerd.gif

Please tell me A&M wasn't actually selling this shirt. 
laugh.gif
   UNC or NC State jumping on board
nerd.gif

211scgz.jpg

Aggieland Outfitters has been a joke for as long as I've been a TAMU fan. It's a shame people associate them with the school.

I know they're just rankings and don't mean much but I feel like ESPN always tries too hard to be too different from the other services. How is Levenberry considered a near 5* guy by the others but not in ESPNs 150?

Leader by a good bit for Turman, sitting pretty well for Grey, but not as high as they are with Turman. I think Grey is a kid that will probably go until NSD or close to it and Turman may not make it to the end of the summer.

Back
Top Bottom