14 Dead, 50 Hurt In Batman Movie Shooting

This is so disgusting and saddening. My mom grew up in Aurora and we're visiting at the end of the month and after reading this we'll probably avoid this movie theatre at all costs

People please tell the people in your life that you love them, we can all die at anytime. Please don't take anything for granted. This world isn't getting any better.:smh:

Since bad people are going to have guns regardless, let's make it easier for them to be able to commit cowardly acts like this. Right?

Flawed logic. How did an all out ban in Chicago work out? Chicago had an all out ban on firearms...and had the highest rate of death with a firearms in the entire country. Strict gun laws benefit the bad guys.

Dude doing an interview on CNN said it happened during a shooting scene, gunman had on a bulletproof vest and let off a smoke bomb before he shot people up so they couldn't see...he had on a gas mask and just unloaded on them. Said the saddest thing was a cop carrying a little girl through the door and she wasn't moving, body filled with bullet holes |I

there's an ex-marine on HLN right now breaking it down. shocking. he says the shooting began during a shooting scene during the movie about 15 minutes in

Yeah when I heard that, it put me on edge even more for tonight.

To the guy who asked if it was gang related. You almost hope that it was something like that. It gives a reason. A cause. But I think this is more so just a evil person who wanted to get his sorry *** name in the news for history sake.

Last edited:
Flawed logic. How did an all out ban in Chicago work out? Chicago had an all out ban on firearms...and had the highest rate of death with a firearms in the entire country. Strict gun laws benefit the bad guys.

I gotta go with this.

Im thinking:

Strict gun laws = people who really wanna murk people will pay any price to get a gun and will eventual acquire one. Everyone else will be unarmed.

Lenient gun laws = a lot of people will have guns for self defense and protection. Might deter people from acting a fool.

Flawed logic.. Tougher gun laws could have prohibited the Virginia Tech shooter from obtaining guns legally due to his record of mental illness. Would he of tried to get them illegally? Who knows. Same thing can be said about the Columbine shooters who obtained theirs from unlicensed sellers.

Cus someone with a concealed weapon shooting at this guy in a dark theater with hundreds of people running around would have worked out perfect.

It might not have been perfect, but it could have saved lives.

Part of the right and responsibility to carry a firearm is being proficient and able with that weapon. Beyond knowing how to point and shoot. That means situational awareness. You shouldn't be carrying a gun and diddybopping around carefree, not paying attention to your surroundings. Personally, whenever I'm out and about, i'm always hyperaware of people around me, if something seems off, etc. And being aware has helped me keep out of situations where bad things have ended up happening.

What you'll find in a lot of active shooter situations, any armed resistance against the perpetrator will be enough to discourage the shooter, and cause them relent or retreat. There's a reason they pick soft targets like schools, churches, and shopping malls. Because there a less likelihood of someone shooting back.

Just a sad, sad situation all around.

This is really sad, I used to be in this area about once a week when my fiance lived about 2 blocks away this theatre. I had been to this theatre once in the past.

Reading this ruined my morning.

RIP.

Gonna cost tax payers money, but I'm all for bag searches/pat downs/metal detectors at public venues like movie theaters.

Last edited:
It might not have been perfect, but it could have saved lives.
Part of the right and responsibility to carry a firearm is being proficient and able with that weapon. Beyond knowing how to point and shoot. That means situational awareness. You shouldn't be carrying a gun and diddybopping around carefree, not paying attention to your surroundings. Personally, whenever I'm out and about, i'm always hyperaware of people around me, if something seems off, etc. And being aware has helped me keep out of situations where bad things have ended up happening.
What you'll find in a lot of active shooter situations, any armed resistance against the perpetrator will be enough to discourage the shooter, and cause them relent or retreat. There's a reason they pick soft targets like schools, churches, and shopping malls. Because there a less likelihood of someone shooting back.
Just a sad, sad situation all around.

Thank you for responding to that ridiculous response, because I honestly wasn't going to waste my time.

This entire situation smells like horse poo.. But perfect timing for the UN gun control intervention, hmm.

Really? Keep your conspiracy theories out of this.

RIP to the victims. I can't even lie...this will put a damper on me watching TDKR in a few hours. Unreal.

watching the news, they broke it down what happen. there is also two dudes on youtube explaining what was happening when they were in there (black dude and hispanic if someone is trying to watch the video)

cliffs:

-dude dressed in all black with gas mask and bullet proof vest enter the exit of one building
-stood there and audience didn't noe how to act
-threw a gas canister and it blew up
-threw second one and blew up
-people panic and ran
-he shoot randoms
-he showed no emotions or talk throughout event.

Just a terrible tragedy. Give me 5 minutes alone with this coward without a gun.

Just disgusting :smh:

As for gun control, probably shouldn't allow assault riffles which are made for mass murder, but I agree, maybe with conceal and carry, someone could have cut this act short.

Still waiting to hear from my step brother... Mom says he lives 15 minutes from that theater... Hopefully he didn't go to the midnight.

EDIT: Family got a hold of him. Thank god.

RIP to those killed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom