19-year-old Justin Carter could face 10 years in jail for a Facebook comment his family says was sar

damn! A white kid getting the book thrown at him......? Where is prejudice NT to make sense of this
nerd.gif
is he secretly a minority in paint? Is he an internet rapper? Does he only have black friends? Only time will tell, but we know this for sure: this cant be a regular white kid, they get free passes and are secretly protected by the law
roll.gif

Didn't they ever hear of the Scared Straight TV show?!

I mean damn!!! $500,000 bond & 10 years???

The judge either didn't get the yambs recently or doesn't have conceptions of first strikes....

RIP to that boys angus

That's reckless. I don't feel he deserves 10 yrs, but I wouldn't fight for him not to get that either.

What if him getting convicted sets a precedent that lands people in jail for saying mean things?

Like, forum administrators HAVE to report threats and the IP addresses behind them to tha authorities, who then charge those people with real crimes?

What if having an e-beef at all becomes illegal and punishable with 10 years in prison because nobody actually did anything to help this kid?

What if this is the beginning of a very slippery slope for ALL of us?

Last edited:
damn! A white kid getting the book thrown at him......? Where is prejudice NT to make sense of this
nerd.gif
is he secretly a minority in paint? Is he an internet rapper? Does he only have black friends? Only time will tell, but we know this for sure: this cant be a regular white kid, they get free passes and are secretly protected by the law
You do understand the difference between probablistic and absolute discrimination, do you not?  

Throughout American history, we can actually find hundreds of cases in which White Americans were lynched.  Would you make a sassy little comment like that in response to such a story, or would that be disrespectful?  

That White Americans are pulled over for speeding, stopped at airport security, passed over for jobs/promotions, etc. doesn't somehow invalidate racism.  

Congratulations: you took a story that highlights a civil liberties issue facing our country as a whole and tried to spin it off into a conversation about your gross misunderstanding of race in America.  Nice job.

nerd.gif
You do understand the difference between probablistic and absolute discrimination, do you not?  

Throughout American history, we can actually find hundreds of cases in which White Americans were lynched.  Would you make a sassy little comment like that in response to such a story, or would that be disrespectful?  

That White Americans are pulled over for speeding, stopped at airport security, passed over for jobs/promotions, etc. doesn't somehow invalidate racism.  

Congratulations: you took a story that highlights a civil liberties issue facing our country as a whole and tried to spin it off into a conversation about your gross misunderstanding of race in America.  Nice job.

you do understand that was a sarcastic remark in regards to all the threads turning into racial BS, right? Paint the picture you want, and keep letting it fly- obviously, some people got it. This thread has nothing to do with race..... why don't you go mod some of the ones that you are allowing to go that route

"to invalidate"
laugh.gif
why don't you go invalidate some of the real BS going on around here
Race IS a factor in American life.  If YOU don't believe that's the case, that speaks to YOUR perspective.  

I'm not going to say, "you guys can't talk about racism in America anymore.  It annoys Nowitzness."  If you think HEARING about racism is annoying, try LIVING with it sometime.

I never said it wasn't a factor, but it clearly isn't in every situation that it's portrayed to be on here. It has nothing to do with being annoyed. If has to do with the negativity and racial tension it brings to the site. If you're cool with that, more power to you. It's one thing to intelligently discuss those kind of topics, but that's not what's going on
If you wanted to reduce the negativity, trying to mock the experience of racism as you have here was not a productive step.

you do understand that was a sarcastic remark in regards to all the threads turning into racial BS, right? Paint the picture you want, and keep letting it fly- obviously, some people got it. This thread has nothing to do with race..... why don't you go mod some of the ones that you are allowing to go that route

"to invalidate"
laugh.gif
why don't you go invalidate some of the real BS going on around here
oh look, its the "i was just being sarcastic!" response every tail-between-the-legs NTer uses in this situation. :smh:

Last edited:
A woman in Canada,
mean.gif

Is all this even necessary?

"Terrorist threat"? Really. Suprised this is happening in Texas, usually it's California that has mindless government spending. As a taxpayer the resources spent on this "case" is absurd. Simple investigation, yes. Trial and incarceration? completely unnecessary.
I SEE IT!!
Freedom of speech?

or is that an antiquated concept?
People in general have freedom of speech waaaaaaaaaaay wrong.

You cant walk in the room and cal your boss a fat ****** piece of **** and run to the freedom of speech card after you get the boot. You cant make threats against the country and not expect secret service to kick down your door.

That said, this is ridiculous. I'm telling y'all our government is trying to scare us....... and that scares me. 
frown.gif

"to invalidate" :lol: why don't you go invalidate some of the real BS going on around here

oh look, its the "i was just being sarcastic!" response every tail-between-the-legs NTer uses in this situation. :smh:
His comment was as sarcastic as your comment. Just by looking at it you can tell dude wasn't serious.So Idk where you're trying to get at.

Freedom of speech? Really? So I can call your mom a B and then threaten your family and that's all ok to you right?

Back
Top Bottom