2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

After seeing the red's in person, they have to be tied with the royal's for the nicest foams.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

My sentiments exactly. Due to this being NT I didn't want to cause uproar and booing, but I like the Red over the Royals. Trust, I understand the significance of the Royals, but the Red the coldest imo. If these were actually an O.G. cw, I strongly believe these would be in the rankings of the Royals. No pic does these shoes any justice, that glossy finish just leave me in awe.

No doubt about it. If Penny wore these back in the day, forget about it, it would be over.

agree with all of this

thas all it comes down to.

Originally Posted by PoloPlaya

^^^^^ .5 size up or down is one thing, because you can still wear them, your not going through the hassle of looking for a trade, but 2.5 sizes up or down, is dumb imo... one guy said he wears a 10, but bought a 10.5 thats understood, but buying a 8.5 when you wear an 11... your just going to charge a crazy resell price for the wrong size shoe you bought, to cover the cost of the crazy resell price your going to have to pay to buy your true size...

this I agree with

^^^^^ .5 size up or down is one thing, because you can still wear them, your not going through the hassle of looking for a trade, but 2.5 sizes up or down, is dumb imo... one guy said he wears a 10, but bought a 10.5 thats understood, but buying a 8.5 when you wear an 11... your just going to charge a crazy resell price for the wrong size shoe you bought, to cover the cost of the crazy resell price your going to have to pay to buy your true size...

this I agree with

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

lockdown36 wrote:

Where the hell do you live where security is so nice and informative.  And that they let you line up at another store in the same order.  That is seriously a wish come true.
This was at Southcenter Mall in WA.. It actually worked out better for me..
I know for a fact all the sz 10s were accounted for at HoH. 
So if I got a ticket from HoH I know it wouldnt have been my sz and by the time I was done at HoH.. Sheikhs line woulda been too long..

The security is the only one who knew though..
When security let us in.. We calmly strolled passed the HoH line..
They were like "Where you guys going? Nobody else got em!"
Little did they know..
I guess the shoe gods blessed me today.

I shoulda took myself down south but instead I went north to FootAction and I was in line with a nice little group but for some reason the security up there was on a good one and tripped a little which was ridiculous for like 12 people in line. Anyway they open up and they only have like 5 pair...SMH! There is also a Sheikh down the way but they had those ugly Obama Spizikes....
Damn.. Lately alot of security guards been messin up the situation..
Rather than fixin the situation..
What time did you get up there?
Everyone who got to southcenter by 630 came away with something..

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

lockdown36 wrote:

Where the hell do you live where security is so nice and informative.  And that they let you line up at another store in the same order.  That is seriously a wish come true.
This was at Southcenter Mall in WA.. It actually worked out better for me..
I know for a fact all the sz 10s were accounted for at HoH. 
So if I got a ticket from HoH I know it wouldnt have been my sz and by the time I was done at HoH.. Sheikhs line woulda been too long..

The security is the only one who knew though..
When security let us in.. We calmly strolled passed the HoH line..
They were like "Where you guys going? Nobody else got em!"
Little did they know..
I guess the shoe gods blessed me today.

I shoulda took myself down south but instead I went north to FootAction and I was in line with a nice little group but for some reason the security up there was on a good one and tripped a little which was ridiculous for like 12 people in line. Anyway they open up and they only have like 5 pair...SMH! There is also a Sheikh down the way but they had those ugly Obama Spizikes....
Damn.. Lately alot of security guards been messin up the situation..
Rather than fixin the situation..
What time did you get up there?
Everyone who got to southcenter by 630 came away with something..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

only reason ppl like royals is cuz they are the OG color

say penny played for a red team and reds were the OGs, follow me

yes they are same if not better

personally the color red>the color blue
It's all about personal preference.  They are all the same kicks whether it is royal, electric blue, black, pewter, pearl, eggplant, copper, pine green, teal, etc, etc.

Blue is a very popular clothing color so of course it will be more popular. 

By the way, I like the pewters the most.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

only reason ppl like royals is cuz they are the OG color

say penny played for a red team and reds were the OGs, follow me

yes they are same if not better

personally the color red>the color blue
It's all about personal preference.  They are all the same kicks whether it is royal, electric blue, black, pewter, pearl, eggplant, copper, pine green, teal, etc, etc.

Blue is a very popular clothing color so of course it will be more popular. 

By the way, I like the pewters the most.

It was nuts in Crossgates Mall in Albany Ny... How CHICKS try to cut and bum rush the line at 7 and lead to a 50 person brawl.. 15 cop cars showed up and some pregnant chick got punched in the face smh.. Even chicks was wilin for these.. Probably some bloodette chicks.. Shoe game gettin crazy lmao

It was nuts in Crossgates Mall in Albany Ny... How CHICKS try to cut and bum rush the line at 7 and lead to a 50 person brawl.. 15 cop cars showed up and some pregnant chick got punched in the face smh.. Even chicks was wilin for these.. Probably some bloodette chicks.. Shoe game gettin crazy lmao

Originally Posted by mross16

Would you feel the same way if you got the shoes at a 50% discount and it was the last size left?

Yes I would feel the same way, and heres why: A. I don't have a connect for 50% new releases, so this would never happen.  Its cool you have that connect for a shoe you like if its in your size. B. Your still in a lose/lose sitution: i highly doubt that someone in the sneaker community who wears a 8.5 bought an 11.  Time is money, now your gonna be spending time looking for some sort of a trade or looking for the lowest price sz 11.  You can't go in the buy sell fourm and try a trade because its seperated by sizes.  As much as hypebeast and resellers suck and have ruined the sneaker culture, and buy other peoples sizes up, what sucks just as much, is people buying shoes that cost $220.00 and turn around & sell them for well over $300.00, the buyers are just as bad as the sellers... since your not going to be able to do a trade in all likelihood, your not gettin the shoes for 50% off, in theory your still going to pay more to get your size, then spend money on s/h etc.... like somebody said in a thread, more people are buying sneakers and nikes only putting out a certain amount of shoes, it doesn't account for everyone. I struck out on NDC on sz 11, they were gone by 12:01am est, i could of went back and ordered another size but I didn't, im not that guy, im not buying other peoples sizes because I couldn't get mine...as much as it sux, I gotta take L and hopefully one day down the road find a pair at a reasonable price.

Would you feel the same way if you got the shoes at a 50% discount and it was the last size left?

Yes I would feel the same way, and heres why: A. I don't have a connect for 50% new releases, so this would never happen.  Its cool you have that connect for a shoe you like if its in your size. B. Your still in a lose/lose sitution: i highly doubt that someone in the sneaker community who wears a 8.5 bought an 11.  Time is money, now your gonna be spending time looking for some sort of a trade or looking for the lowest price sz 11.  You can't go in the buy sell fourm and try a trade because its seperated by sizes.  As much as hypebeast and resellers suck and have ruined the sneaker culture, and buy other peoples sizes up, what sucks just as much, is people buying shoes that cost $220.00 and turn around & sell them for well over $300.00, the buyers are just as bad as the sellers... since your not going to be able to do a trade in all likelihood, your not gettin the shoes for 50% off, in theory your still going to pay more to get your size, then spend money on s/h etc.... like somebody said in a thread, more people are buying sneakers and nikes only putting out a certain amount of shoes, it doesn't account for everyone. I struck out on NDC on sz 11, they were gone by 12:01am est, i could of went back and ordered another size but I didn't, im not that guy, im not buying other peoples sizes because I couldn't get mine...as much as it sux, I gotta take L and hopefully one day down the road find a pair at a reasonable price.

I was SUPER surprised and excited when I called my local FTA yesterday afternoon and found out they received 12 pairs of metallic red foams
eek.gif
.  It is the first foam release in my mall since og royal foams in 95 or 96
tongue.gif
.  By the way, I live in deep south Texas.  I got there at 7:45 a.m. and they opened up at 8:30 and all 12 pairs were gone before 9 a.m.  I bought my sz 12 and bounced.  These are WAY, WAY UP THERE with OG ROYALS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was SUPER surprised and excited when I called my local FTA yesterday afternoon and found out they received 12 pairs of metallic red foams
eek.gif
.  It is the first foam release in my mall since og royal foams in 95 or 96
tongue.gif
.  By the way, I live in deep south Texas.  I got there at 7:45 a.m. and they opened up at 8:30 and all 12 pairs were gone before 9 a.m.  I bought my sz 12 and bounced.  These are WAY, WAY UP THERE with OG ROYALS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by smzsmz

better than nothing. i thought this was one of the golden rules. if you cant get your size you get any size.

i've been in the sneaker culture for 15 years and I've never heard of that rule... maybe its a rule in the younger generation, or a resell or hypbeast thing/rule....i doubt someone who needed an 8.5 bought an 11 and you'll do an even trade...
Anyone who says they never get another size  after their size is gone has to be

and that is not pride #$!+$%* with you. 

That just makes sense to me.  It's what I've been doing ever since this whole sneaker game got screwed up in order to ensure I get my pair at retail.  This is just dumb ridic, these days.  I used to copp Js no problem, even XIs, by just walking and standing in line prior to opening at the MegaMall.  It really IS a 'game' now. smh 
44625ede6599d3588d44ba35174c9ea617f5bd9.gif

Originally Posted by BlackJesus69

Originally Posted by smzsmz

better than nothing. i thought this was one of the golden rules. if you cant get your size you get any size.

i've been in the sneaker culture for 15 years and I've never heard of that rule... maybe its a rule in the younger generation, or a resell or hypbeast thing/rule....i doubt someone who needed an 8.5 bought an 11 and you'll do an even trade...
Anyone who says they never get another size  after their size is gone has to be

and that is not pride #$!+$%* with you. 

That just makes sense to me.  It's what I've been doing ever since this whole sneaker game got screwed up in order to ensure I get my pair at retail.  This is just dumb ridic, these days.  I used to copp Js no problem, even XIs, by just walking and standing in line prior to opening at the MegaMall.  It really IS a 'game' now. smh 

Struck out at city gear(who I hate bc they lied to me and said they werent doin a pre-order and did), and on NDC. However, Where I live at some spot is getting them in monday and I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE. PERIOD.

Struck out at city gear(who I hate bc they lied to me and said they werent doin a pre-order and did), and on NDC. However, Where I live at some spot is getting them in monday and I WILL BE FIRST IN LINE. PERIOD.

I see what you're saying bro, but the reason I had to buy a size 8.5 is because all of the big sizes were stolen by employees at the warehouse. I usually don't get the 50% discount because my uncle stays in an entirely different state, so I felt like I had to buy em regardless. I really wanted the shoes and I'm nt a reseller looking to make a buck of of em. So I feel like I'm actually in a win/win situation because I paid $127 for them and my shoes are currently up for bid on eBay and they're at $365. So if you really look at it, it's like I paid $127 for the size 11 at i'm going to buy when my shoes sell. So my plan when I bought these wasn't to do a trade, it was to sell and buy my pair. Tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in my position.

I see what you're saying bro, but the reason I had to buy a size 8.5 is because all of the big sizes were stolen by employees at the warehouse. I usually don't get the 50% discount because my uncle stays in an entirely different state, so I felt like I had to buy em regardless. I really wanted the shoes and I'm nt a reseller looking to make a buck of of em. So I feel like I'm actually in a win/win situation because I paid $127 for them and my shoes are currently up for bid on eBay and they're at $365. So if you really look at it, it's like I paid $127 for the size 11 at i'm going to buy when my shoes sell. So my plan when I bought these wasn't to do a trade, it was to sell and buy my pair. Tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in my position.

i seriously think theres more pairs per store...the employees definitely had their share first...especially at the malls in my area

i seriously think theres more pairs per store...the employees definitely had their share first...especially at the malls in my area

^I feel you on that, if you were copping just to make a quick buck like every little "reseller" itd be different. but copping just to get your own is just genuine hustle. Its double sided, because in a way it does contribute to the whole reseller problem, but at the same time sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get you size. 

^I feel you on that, if you were copping just to make a quick buck like every little "reseller" itd be different. but copping just to get your own is just genuine hustle. Its double sided, because in a way it does contribute to the whole reseller problem, but at the same time sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get you size. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom