2003 Foam Max...Should they stay or should they go?

So I came across a bit of a sweet surprise the other night when I was organizing my collection.  Back in 2003, I bought two pairs of the black/chrome Total Air Foamposite Max in size 11.5.  I was working at FNL at the time, so when they dropped to $89.99, I grabbed them with my discount.  One pair has long since become beaters.  Nice beaters mind you, but they've been heavily worn and are a little rough around the edges.  The other pair has been stored away for a long time, but I was pretty sure I'd worn them a few times and they too were in true "used condition". 

However, when I came across them the other night I discovered that I'd apparently only worn them once or twice, and very briefly, because they look brand new.  These are literally 99.99% perfect.  So now I'm wondering what to do.  I want to rock them in the worst way, but at the same time, my family could certainly use a little extra cash right now (my wife and I were both out of work for awhile, and we're just getting ourselves back on our feet with new jobs).  I've contemplated putting them up for sale if I can get a decent buck for them, and hopefully make another sneakerhead a very happy camper in the process. 

So here's where I need some advice...should I sell them to try to get a few extra dollars for my family, and how much could I really expect for them, or should I just enjoy my "discovery" and start rocking them?  Obviously if I do decide to sell them, I will be posting that in the appropriate forum for selling, but right now I just want some good old fashioned advice and maybe some idea of how much I could get for them.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

Btw, mods...this seemed to me to be the most appropriate forum to pose this question in, but if I should have put it somewhere else, I apologize in advance.

So I came across a bit of a sweet surprise the other night when I was organizing my collection.  Back in 2003, I bought two pairs of the black/chrome Total Air Foamposite Max in size 11.5.  I was working at FNL at the time, so when they dropped to $89.99, I grabbed them with my discount.  One pair has long since become beaters.  Nice beaters mind you, but they've been heavily worn and are a little rough around the edges.  The other pair has been stored away for a long time, but I was pretty sure I'd worn them a few times and they too were in true "used condition". 

However, when I came across them the other night I discovered that I'd apparently only worn them once or twice, and very briefly, because they look brand new.  These are literally 99.99% perfect.  So now I'm wondering what to do.  I want to rock them in the worst way, but at the same time, my family could certainly use a little extra cash right now (my wife and I were both out of work for awhile, and we're just getting ourselves back on our feet with new jobs).  I've contemplated putting them up for sale if I can get a decent buck for them, and hopefully make another sneakerhead a very happy camper in the process. 

So here's where I need some advice...should I sell them to try to get a few extra dollars for my family, and how much could I really expect for them, or should I just enjoy my "discovery" and start rocking them?  Obviously if I do decide to sell them, I will be posting that in the appropriate forum for selling, but right now I just want some good old fashioned advice and maybe some idea of how much I could get for them.  If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

Btw, mods...this seemed to me to be the most appropriate forum to pose this question in, but if I should have put it somewhere else, I apologize in advance.

Sell. I understand the out of work thing first hand. However, how much would you really get for them? $200? Maybe $300. That's probably worth it, but it may not help ur family out in the long run. You should decide if you want to sell multiple pairs or not. I made $1500 worth of rent one month selling a bunch of stuff.

Besides, you already have them as beaters and enjoyed them. On to the next pair.

Sell. I understand the out of work thing first hand. However, how much would you really get for them? $200? Maybe $300. That's probably worth it, but it may not help ur family out in the long run. You should decide if you want to sell multiple pairs or not. I made $1500 worth of rent one month selling a bunch of stuff.

Besides, you already have them as beaters and enjoyed them. On to the next pair.

Sell ASAP. These are set to drop in October or November of this year I believe.

They are my size, but I'm NOT trying to drop that type of cake right now, especially considering the above comment..

Sell ASAP. These are set to drop in October or November of this year I believe.

They are my size, but I'm NOT trying to drop that type of cake right now, especially considering the above comment..

I decided to go ahead and just wear them. Kind of glad I did to...definitely broke some necks today! I'm looking into some of my other kicks to possibly sell though. Thanks for your feedback guys.

I decided to go ahead and just wear them. Kind of glad I did to...definitely broke some necks today! I'm looking into some of my other kicks to possibly sell though. Thanks for your feedback guys.

Back
Top Bottom