2008 NFL Combine Invitiation List

Stewart will wow scouts at the combine.

And good to see Dennis Dixon doing some stuff with football. His knee injury set him back some, but this guy is very talented and may very well end up playingbaseball instead of football.

I think we have been spoiled by the last 2 drafts.

two yrs ago was arguably the best draft class ever.
and this past yr was Fyah

Teams are gonna be forced to take best player avaliable because the drop off of talented is gonna be way way way to big at some positions for them to draft onneed.

Yo I got a question for NT.

Chad Henne...I hate dude with a passion but his stock has risen since the senior bowl and he always had an arm but dude is a damn bone head half the time andthe other half he looks like he can do no wrong.

Would you touch him with a ten foot poll?

Originally Posted by theone2401

Teams are gonna be forced to take best player avaliable because the drop off of talented is gonna be way way way to big at some positions for them to draft on need.

True....Should make for some interesting picks....
Yo I got a question for NT.

Chad Henne...I hate dude with a passion but his stock has risen since the senior bowl and he always had an arm but dude is a damn bone head half the time and the other half he looks like he can do no wrong.

Would you touch him with a ten foot poll?
Why not??? You know all these 'QB Gurus' think they can turn any quarterback around....Plus, Chad has the tools....But I dunno.....

But Henne had Edwards, Breaston, Manningham, and Arrington and Mike Hart and year in and year out one of the best O-lines in the country and he couldnt perfomlike an elite QB.

Do you know what kinda numbers say .....Matt Ryan would have had if he had been throwing to any type of talent?
tired.gif

He got no recievers over 6ft and no recievers running better then 4.55 and passed for 4500 yards in the ACC.

^ Let some people tell it....Ryan is a bum too....

But as for Henne....I wouldn't be suprised to see some team take a flyer on him.....

Originally Posted by dreClark

^ Let some people tell it....Ryan is a bum too....

But as for Henne....I wouldn't be suprised to see some team take a flyer on him.....
Oh no doubt someone is gonna take a flyer on Henne. My thing is I think he is gonna get second/third round money and never earn a dime of it. Ineffect robbing somebody. I mean who knows he might turn out to be the best QB from this draft class
sick.gif
which aint saying much he aint got much competition.

On to Matt Ryan. I dont know how to judge him. I would love to see him on a talented team because I dont know how much of his problems are him or the fact thathe is trying to overcompensate for his team. Dude looks and plays like a football player but I dunno how good a QB he is. All of that willing your team tovictory and what not is a great story but dumb INT's get you benched in the NFL playboy.

Originally Posted by dreClark

eek.gif

I forgot all about Steve Slaton.....He should get at least an honorable mention for the fastest RB's....
WVU fans also forgot about him.

Damn he went from heisman hopefull to top 15 back in one of the deepest running back classes in recent memory.

Sad part is he had no choice because if he stayed he would have been further exposed

Originally Posted by theone2401

Man I am just looking over the prospects available and some of the Mocks. This draft has the potential to be so terrible.

dr funk 13 wrote:
Stewart will wow scouts at the combine.

And good to see Dennis Dixon doing some stuff with football. His knee injury set him back some, but this guy is very talented and may very well end up playing baseball instead of football.
No offense but of course your gonna say that.

No, I know, and I accept any flame I might get...
But he really puts up those numbers that scouts like. I'm interested to see who steps up in the WRclass...pretty weak class if you ask me. But there is talent out there...

ol Not one of yall was on here last before the draft yr pumpin AD like the next best RB sensation until he had 6 great games in the NFL, Only GangstaRevolution was.
pSHHHHHHHHH i been driving that hype train since the All american game

and yup, DeSean WILL run a sub 4.4 40, i'm wondering if he'll really run that 4.29, should be interesting
pimp.gif

jackson ant running no kind of 4.29

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]THOMAS, DEVIN[/td] [td]MICHIGAN STATE[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]WO[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]WO[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
playmaker

Nowitness, corner is my specialty and I have Mike Jenkins and Talib at the top of the board. McKelvin is rising but I along with just about everybody elsehonestly haven't seen enough of him to completely judge fairly. Although Osi and DeMarcus Ware have given Troy a good track record for defensive players inrecent years.

DRC is obviously rising fast as well and for good reason, but I hope everyone's not expecting him to be as athletic as his cousin...because he's not toput it bluntly.

After DRC I have Tracy Porter and Antoine Cason. Porter is just a playmaker to put it simply, but he does need to get stronger to succeed in the NFL. Cason isclearly a Cover 2 guy at this point.

Lastly, two of my surprise corners to look out for are: Dwight Lowery and Zack Bowman. Lowery's stock dropped significantly this year but he's got goodsize. The main concern is his speed. Bowman was formerly a first round talent who suffered a few tough injuries recently. He would have been taken in the first2 rounds guaranteed last year in a weaker cornerback class.

So my first group would only include Jenkins and Talib. The second bunch would be McKelvin, Porter, DRC and Cason.

If Henne breaks 4.9 in the 40 I would be shocked. Dude is slow. He has all the tools and can make all the throws the problem is he gets rattled in the pocket.Plus, he didn't have the best OLines in the country. David Baas is the ONLY Lineman he had in front of him that is in the L. Long will be #2 and Adam Krauswas the most overrated player in the nation last year. There was a reason Henne was banged up all year, his OLine was getting him killed the past 2 seasons.Ask USC they know how good that OLine is. Plus, Mike DeBORED was his OCoord. Want to talk about putting the clamps on a QB, that is what Mike does. Henne onlyhad big numbers because when he was allowed to throw it around and get into a groove it was always when they had to come back to win a game in the 4th. Penn Stand Michigan St are great examples. Mike Hart was the main guy on that team and he would carry the ball all game if he could handle it. Thats Michigan for ya.Having great WRs make Henne's numbers look unimpressive but that offense that he had to run was unbearable to watch if you are a fan of the passing game.You can only do so much with screen passes and 5 yard routes. I am not a big Henne fan but he got screwed so bad at Michigan with that staff. I think he willbe a very good pro. If that shoulder is finally right, watch the hell out. He had a bigger arm than Mallett did during the spring.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]ADIBI, XAVIER[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]OB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]BOOKER, BARRY[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]DL[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]DT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]BROWN, DUANE[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]OT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]ELLIS, CHRISTOPHER[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]DL[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]DE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]HALL, VINCENT[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]IB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]HARPER, JUSTIN[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]WO[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]WO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]MORGAN, JOSH[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]WO[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]WO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]PARKER, DORIAN[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]FS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]POWELL JR, CARLTON[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]DL[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]DT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]ROYAL, WILLIAM[/td] [td]VIRGINIA POLYTECH INST[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]WO[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]WO[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*[/td] [td]FLOWERS, BRANDON[/td] [td]VIRGINIA TECH[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]DC[/td] [/tr][/table]
geeze, almost as many as USC

Back
Top Bottom