2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Gunna you in the chat with Dan Rafael?

Joseph, San Antonio: Danimal, where does Marquez go from here?

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (10:24 PM ET ) The hospital.

roll.gif

Franklin (Arizona): Dan does this fight count as your Robbery of the Year?

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (10:25 PM ET ) You're an idiot.

Fred (Boise, ID): Dan this is what's wrong with boxing. Sketchy scoring and Marquez not going for the knockout early on. I don't get why you are so excited

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (10:29 PM ET ) Sketchy scoring? The morons are out tonight.

Big Fight Fan: Great Fight!! How do you think the punishment these two great fighters inflicted on each other will affect their fights down the road?

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (10:30 PM ET ) After these three consecutive fights I think they will both go downhill. That is just the way it is in boxing. We'll look back and see this trilogy as the beginning of the end for these guys. But what a great series. I love these guys.

If you missed this fight you will be pissed off at yourself , AWSOME fight back and forth action just when you think one is hurt here comes the other . Marquezwas sharp early middle rds where a toss up like vazquez would control a rd with pressure and Marquez would stun him near the end . Izzy stepped it up late hetook the 12 big . Great fight looked like Izzy was in a car accident after it and Marquez looked worn out let get them both some time off any other fighterprobably would have quit after that punishment .

pribs (bethlehem, PA): I don't know the numbers, but Izzy and Rafael made a fraction of what Barrera -Morales made for their trilogy.

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (11:03 PM ET ) Vazquez made $750,000 tonight. Marquez got $425,000.

Man they got paid nothing.
Jeff (New York): YANKEE STADIUM plans for COTTO-MARGARITO out the window at this point? or is it still a possibility?

sn2.gif
Dan Rafael: (11:04 PM ET ) Still possible this summer.

If they do I am buying tickets.

Jim Gray at it again
smh.gif
Give Vasquez a friggin break if he doesn't feelcomfortable responding in English.

eek.gif

WHAT A GOD DAMN FIGHT

IM KILL THE HOMIES FOR BEEN SO @*%!!%@ CHEAP AND NOT WANTING TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

That................. was %##%+!% awesome. Me, my boy, and my bro watched that +!+@ together, and it was straight madness. We were goin crazy the whole waythrough. Best fight i've seen since Corrales-Castillo, and definitely top 5, maybe top 3. To steal a line from Larry Merchant, i am truly humbled by what iwitnessed from these 2 warriors. Absolutely unbelievable. I can't even put into words how great a time i had watching that fight, and how thankful i am forthose two to put it all on the line like that.

While nothing can top this fight, next week should be a very nice week too. Haye-Maccarinelli should be a very good cruiserweight fight, and Juan Diaz- NateCampbell is gonna be fun too. What a great month for boxing.

So I watched the fight at a bar/pool hall in Woodside, Queens. For those that don't know it is mostly Mexicans who live out there. It was pretty insaneprobably worse than how it got when Pacquaio beat Morales the 1st time (a lot of Filipinos in the area as well). Couple fights broke out at the bar but whatare you gonna do. Fight was great, the 4th round was amazing. I thought Marquez had it until the 6th or so then Vasquez turned it on. I was happy if itwould have went either way. If it wasn't for the low blow deduction we would have had a draw. Ref did a decent job and I was really disappointed inMarquez for the 12th couldn't really think of a reason for just dropping his hands and letting Vasquez hit him. I don't know where Marquez goes afterthis fight maybe back to 118. It'll be interesting to see how this affects Vasquez, 25 big rounds with Marquez, the 3 fights with Larios and also theGonazlez fight where he was down twice.

Next up Pac vs. marquez, then Katsidis Casamayor. March is a good month for boxing.
Don't forget next week crusierweight Ezno and Haye two big punchers it'll be over in 5 rounds lol. Don't remember if it'sunification or not but it should be a great fight.

Scoring wise I had marquez by one point, but I feel Marquez hurt/stunned Vazquez way many more time that Vazquez stunned him. For that reason I think it shouldhave been a draw. Either way that was the second best fight I have ever seen live tih Corraless/Castillo I. A true classic, this is what boxing is supposed tobe about.

Aw Man, Im in chill mode today, So I threw in the fight again
smh.gif
pimp.gif

This is definitely positively undoubtedly top 2 fights Ive ever seen. I still got Marquez winning the fight. I believe the judges gave Vazquez the upperhandin every round from 8 on... is there an official scorecard update out there?

I saw the fight on youtube and I thought that Marquez won but the low blow (1 point) deduction and the 12 round knockdown took points away from him winning adecision.

Gunna here is the official scorecard for Marquez vs Vasquez

hvxg68.jpg

Dear God,

I would like to thank you for putting Mexican pugilists on this earth.

Yours Truly,

ShannonsCrooks.

I dunno, surprisingly after rewatching the fight I ended up having Marquez winnin rounds 1-4 with a 10 - 8 round in the 4th, just like Bernstein had it when hesaid he had it 58 - 54.

I gave Marquez the 8th because he POUNDED Vazquez in the back end of that round and I also gave him the 11th.

Ehhh, Im just splitting hairs because Honestly Vazquez did enough to win, No doubt.

I thought Vazquez was winning rounds convincingly but I'm just upset that a referee's decision decided this fight. I do think ALOT of refs would havestopped it in the 12th.

^ String you talking about the -1 or the knockdown in the 12th? I thought he did a good job in the fight.

I'm talking about the questionable low blow that caused the point deduction.

The ref knew he messed up when he saw the replay.

I know Marquez got plenty of warning but to have a point deduction decide the outcome of this fight is a debacle.

smh.gif

I would've rather seen the ref stop it in the 12th

It was still a great fight.

Dam I miss the fight. and i knew it was going to be good.
Where can I find the fight? Can someone hook me up

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom