2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Floyd tried to get Cotto in the ring a few years ago, from what i've heard. Floyd took the fight with Henry Bruseles because Bruseles is a good friend ofCotto's. Floyd wanted to beat the crap out of Brueseles to piss of Cotto and get him in the ring, apparently it didn't work. People need to give Floyda little break, people were saying that floyd would never fight Rickey Hatton back in 05 and early 06. Well, he did and he took care of business. I feelit'll be similar with Cotto. He'll eventually get in the ring with Cotto when it can be turned into a huge carnival, and i think he'll take care ofbusiness.

I'M callin it now,

PBF beats De La Pollo then fights the winner of Mosely/Judah ....

String, get BHOP OUT YA AVY!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Floyd tried to get Cotto in the ring a few years ago, from what i've heard.
But that was a few years ago...Cotto is a MUCH better and more complete fighter now.

Watching the fights now...

I like Kermit, I really do but watching this fight, he has alot of flaws in his game...

- Horrible footwork. If he had any kind of footwork, he'd use that and his long range similar to the way that Williams did.

- Stop putting your F'in head down, Kermit. He keeps complainin' to the ref about gettin' hit but he's puttin' his head down over and overagain.

- For somebody who has so much power, he had no pop in his punches AT ALL.

Margarito has some kind of mental hold on Kermit, because he didn't even look like he wanted to fight. SMH...

roll.gif
He just wobbled Gomez with a body shot.

Respect to Gomez, but this fight was over the minute he walked into the ring.

Cotto lookin' good on his toes.

Amo
it was a close fight.
I had both Glenn and Chad winning 6 rounds. but I gave Glenn a 10 - 8 round because how bad he hurt Chad.
so i had it 114-113 Johnson.

there's no way that wasa 116 - 112 fight, NO WAY.

IMO Margarito's best bet for a W is to fight Quintana. (Paul Williams got aRematch with Quintana quick didnt he? )
Im not as impressed with Margarito's style and ability like the rest of yall.
He's a 5'11 fighter who fights like he's 5'6 and his hand speed is avg at best.
Cotto can out punch, outbox and outjab Tony.
I think it would be a dismantling and a one sided fight.

Is there anychance David Haye can land a match with Klitzko for the heavyweight title in less than a yr?

I doubt it.

Wlad has two mandatory fights on his plate. Tony Thompson in July, followed by Povetkin.

Haye needs a few fights to get accustomed to being at Heavyweight before getting a shot at Wlad.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I don't think people realize that Bob Arum is stopping this fight more than Floyd

Exactly.

But Floyd is still gonna put Cotto to sleep come March 09.

He gonna take him into deep waters like Shane and close the deal in the 11th.
nerd.gif

I was rooting for Cintron....put dude is terry-cloth. He will never be an upper ecehlon fighter with that lack of heart.

Miguel looked really impressive but it was against a reality TV star...Whenever he fights Margarito, I think its automatically gonna be FOTY. I got Cottowinning a decision over Margarito....Floyd walking through Oscar....and those 2 meeting up early next year for the fight of the Century.

If Margarito beats Cotto though....please believe Floyd is ducking that fight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I'M callin it now,

PBF beats De La Pollo then fights the winner of Mosely/Judah ....

If BUM judah won why would he fight him again? there would be no money there to see the same beat down he gave him last time. maybe mosely because of namebut still would the money be there?
laugh.gif

floyd would pick his slow #%% apart

We gone have to put some money up if that fight ever goes down Gunna.

Cotto gets sloppy and winded against challegning oppostion around 9-11 and he and the canvas are good friends.

Anyone in Floyds height range is a potential KO prospect and I don't think Miguel is any different. When he's not in control of a fight...he get tooanxious and overagrresive to inflict pain...leaving himself wide open for counter oppurtunities. I don't think he can outbox Floyd and I see him gettingreckless in the later rounds to overcompensate....and if Zabs counter uppercuts could get through and an aged Shane Mosley could wobble him...I think Floydshook is gone be
14wqco.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

^^ both Zab and Shane hit alot harder than PBF.

Yeah, but Floyd will be bouncing his fists off Cotto's dome way more than Shane or Zab did. It'd be an accumulation thing like Hatton fight, notone big shot, but a couple hundred of pretty good shots could wear him down over time. I don't think it'll be a KO, but i wouldn't be surprised ifit did.
And Gunna, i didn't give Johnson a 10-8 in the 10th (i'm assuming thats the round you gave him the 10-
glasses.gif
because Dawson boxing his ears offfor the first 2 minutes. I was watching that round like "damn Dawson boxing beautifuly again" and then he got caught somethin crucial. Itdefinitely won the round for Johnson, i just didn't think he did enough before that to win the round 10-8.
As for 116-112, i agree thats kind of a stretch because that would mean giving Chad all 3 of the toss-up rounds, imo, but it is (barely) in the realm ofpossibility.

As for Floyd ducking Margarito, Floyd aint "ducking" anyone. If Margarito becomes the fight he can make the most money off of, he'll take it. It probably wouldn't happen till maybe fall of next year at the earliest, but if Floyd doesn't have any better options, he'll take it. Hedidn't duck Margarito before, he just got more money to fight Baldomir.

I jinxed a couple of fighters one was Shane Mosley
embarassed.gif
(favoriteboxer) and the other was Juan Diaz

30kack9.gif

14cbsr7.gif

I will jinx Joe Calzaghe by having a Calzaghe avy, just because i want B-Hop to win.
laugh.gif
I'll try to outdo Stringer's curse if he has any.

How many of you want Hopkins to win?

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yeah, but Floyd will be bouncing his fists off Cotto's dome way more than Shane or Zab did. It'd be an accumulation thing like Hatton fight, not one big shot, but a couple hundred of pretty good shots could wear him down over time. I don't think it'll be a KO, but i wouldn't be surprised if it did.
And Gunna, i didn't give Johnson a 10-8 in the 10th (i'm assuming thats the round you gave him the 10-
glasses.gif
because Dawson boxing his ears off for the first 2 minutes. I was watching that round like "damn Dawson boxing beautifuly again" and then he got caught somethin crucial. It definitely won the round for Johnson, i just didn't think he did enough before that to win the round 10-8.
As for 116-112, i agree thats kind of a stretch because that would mean giving Chad all 3 of the toss-up rounds, imo, but it is (barely) in the realm of possibility.

As for Floyd ducking Margarito, Floyd aint "ducking" anyone. If Margarito becomes the fight he can make the most money off of, he'll take it. It probably wouldn't happen till maybe fall of next year at the earliest, but if Floyd doesn't have any better options, he'll take it. He didn't duck Margarito before, he just got more money to fight Baldomir.
how much did he get for Baldomir? He was offered 8 mil for the margo fight.

Stringerbell32:

There you are again actin' a damn fool with the avy and signature... If Hopkins loses to Joe
mad.gif
It cus of you vato.

looks like Cotto vs Margarito will happen very soon.

Fightnews.com After WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto demolished The Contender's Alfonso Gomez and Antonio Margarito destroyed Kermit Cintron to take the IBF welterweight belt, promoter Bob Arum said he is looking to match Cotto and Margarito on July 26th at a site to be named. There is the isssue of Margarito's IBF mandatory against Top Rank-promoted Joshua Clottey, but it is expected that Cotto-Margarito will be a go, although a deal still has to be reached.

2ag2but.jpg

I will jinx Joe Calzaghe by having a Calzaghe avy, just because i want B-Hop to win.
laugh.gif

You're gonna mess up the whole system
laugh.gif

For somebody who has so much power, he had no pop in his punches AT ALL.

Those body shots are killer.

IMO Margarito's best bet for a W is to fight Quintana. (Paul Williams got aRematch with Quintana quick didnt he? )
Im not as impressed with Margarito's style and ability like the rest of yall.
He's a 5'11 fighter who fights like he's 5'6 and his hand speed is avg at best.
Cotto can out punch, outbox and outjab Tony.
I think it would be a dismantling and a one sided fight.
I gotta disagree with that. Cotto fights in a stance that doesn't really protect himself against the uppercut and if Margarito gets insideand starts landing that uppercut it could be a long night. I don't think there's any way possible it's a one sided fight. If Shane would havetried to land a few uppercuts in November I think he would have won that fight.

Is there anychance David Haye can land a match with Klitzko for the heavyweight title in less than a yr?
Maybe late 09 early 10 he can get that shot like LES said Wlad has to make 2 mandatory defenses and then the plan is to fight Peter if he gets byVlad.
laugh.gif

He won't duck he'll just ask for some absurd amount of money to fight him.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Yeah, but Floyd will be bouncing his fists off Cotto's dome way more than Shane or Zab did. It'd be an accumulation thing like Hatton fight, not one big shot, but a couple hundred of pretty good shots could wear him down over time. I don't think it'll be a KO, but i wouldn't be surprised if it did.
glasses.gif
because Dawson boxing his ears off for the first 2 minutes. I was watching that round like "damn Dawson boxing beautifuly again" and then he got caught somethin crucial. It definitely won the round for Johnson, i just didn't think he did enough before that to win the round 10-8.
As for 116-112, i agree thats kind of a stretch because that would mean giving Chad all 3 of the toss-up rounds, imo, but it is (barely) in the realm of possibility.

As for Floyd ducking Margarito, Floyd aint "ducking" anyone. If Margarito becomes the fight he can make the most money off of, he'll take it. It probably wouldn't happen till maybe fall of next year at the earliest, but if Floyd doesn't have any better options, he'll take it. He didn't duck Margarito before, he just got more money to fight Baldomir.
how much did he get for Baldomir? He was offered 8 mil for the margo fight.

8.5 i believe. He made sure the purse was for more than 8 just to piss off Arum since Arum said there was no way Floyd was gonna make more than the 8 hewas being offered to fight Margarito. I woulda taken the Baldomir fight too. He was the Ring champ at 147.

He didn't duck Margarito before, he just got more money to fight Baldomir.

He got the same fighting Baldomir, he just recieved a percentage of the PPV profits. And we ALL know that Baldomir is a much easier fight than Margarito.Let's be serious, respect to Baldomir but had Zab taken training seriously, he would've starched Baldomir and there would be no disscussion. Buti'm not getting into the whole subject of "ducking"

Money, money, money. Floyd made more money fighting De La Hoya & Hatton than most fighters will ever see in their careers. What more do you need? FightCotto, win or lose, retire. I'm sick of this crap that Cotto isn't a "draw". The man sold out Atlantic City fighting Alfonso freakin'Gomez. I really don't want to get into "ducking" but De La Hoya/Mayweather II? Come on now...

P.S. I pray that the talks on Hatton/Mayweather II at Wembley Stadium aren't serious cause i'm gonna hit the wall...
But Floyd is still gonna put Cotto to sleep come March 09.

He's not Ricky Hatton...Cotto isn't gonna jump at you. True, Zab had him wobbled for a sec but he put himself together and broke Zab down. Mosleywobbled Cotto? Did I watch the right fight because I never saw that. VERY CLOSE fight, but Mosley (The better boxer) was outboxed.

De La Hoya bullied Floyd to the ropes in their fight and attempted to work the body. Ya'll don't think Cotto can do the same? Except with more success.

I'm not tryin' to sound like a fan, but cats need to stop actin' like Floyd is gonna run through Miguel Cotto. There is a debate to be made, I saythat both have a chance.

Execution time next week
pimp.gif

Actually I'm extremely nervous about the fight...

I will jinx Joe Calzaghe by having a Calzaghe avy, just because i want B-Hop to win
Yea, do that. Thanks.

The real test comes from who Teddy Atlas picks. The guy is like 90% wrong with big fights.

Back
Top Bottom