2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I cant wait for the fight tonight its on at 3.30am-4am here in the UK but its well worth getting up for I think this is gonna be a good old fashioned slugfest.

Any of u guys that say Bhop should take this I dont see why to me this is very very close and wont be alot in it Bhop is a warrior and has proven that time andtime again but Joe throws a huge volume of punches that hurt he does not have a single knockout punch but that does not weaken his chance to win he wearsfighters down and he also has a great chin over his career hes been in with some hatchet men and just taken theres and out worked them.

I give it to Joe on points and itll have to be a wide margin of victory in Vegas or theyll give it to Hopkins Joe's basicaly gotta do wat he always doesstalk his opponant and frustrate them with sheer volume of work.

On a side note here in England York Hall Bethenal Green London Ryan Rhodes turned back the clock 12 years last night and put on a fantastic fight performanceknocking out young up and coming light middleweight Gary Woolcombe.A great performance with some fantastic work and a sickening knockout was great to see.

Anybody who may not know Ryan Rhodes he was always on Prince Naseems undercards from the same Igle gym in Sheffield and they was like brothers he fights like amore polished Nas similar style switch hitting lowish guard very damageing accurate punches he was nicknamed "The Spice Boy" back in the mid 90s butseemed to disapear even after only losing 4 of 38 fights.

Nas was there last night to talkin alot of smack to the camera mad jokes but ive never seen a talent let himself go so badly hes huuuuuuuge now must be 100lbsabove his old boxing weight but then again he was only ever in boxing to make all that cash and be flash.

I dont know how to post videos but type Ryan Rhodes into youtube and it is the 3rd video enjoy

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

I cant wait for the fight tonight its on at 3.30am-4am here in the UK but its well worth getting up for I think this is gonna be a good old fashioned slug fest.

Any of u guys that say Bhop should take this I dont see why to me this is very very close and wont be alot in it Bhop is a warrior and has proven that time and time again but Joe throws a huge volume of punches that hurt he does not have a single knockout punch but that does not weaken his chance to win he wears fighters down and he also has a great chin over his career hes been in with some hatchet men and just taken theres and out worked them.

I give it to Joe on points and itll have to be a wide margin of victory in Vegas or theyll give it to Hopkins Joe's basicaly gotta do wat he always does stalk his opponant and frustrate them with sheer volume of work.

On a side note here in England York Hall Bethenal Green London Ryan Rhodes turned back the clock 12 years last night and put on a fantastic fight performance knocking out young up and coming light middleweight Gary Woolcombe.A great performance with some fantastic work and a sickening knockout was great to see.

Anybody who may not know Ryan Rhodes he was always on Prince Naseems undercards from the same Igle gym in Sheffield and they was like brothers he fights like a more polished Nas similar style switch hitting lowish guard very damageing accurate punches he was nicknamed "The Spice Boy" back in the mid 90s but seemed to disapear even after only losing 4 of 38 fights.

Nas was there last night to talkin alot of smack to the camera mad jokes but ive never seen a talent let himself go so badly hes huuuuuuuge now must be 100lbs above his old boxing weight but then again he was only ever in boxing to make all that cash and be flash.

I dont know how to post videos but type Ryan Rhodes into youtube and it is the 3rd video enjoy

Peace
Scottie

I don't think anybody here is saying Hopkins will win easily, everybody pretty much agrees it'll be a tough fight for B-Hop. Calzaghe does throw alot of punches, but that just means there are more opportunities for Hopkins to counter-punch. Hopkins doesn't have KO power at 175, so he'll need toland a lot of counterpunches. I think Bernard will fight a great fight and fight a good amount of openings, but i don't think he'll win. I thinkCalzaghe will do just enough to get the W, the workrate will be too much, Hopkins' lack of power won't help him, And Calzaghe is really a good fighter,not just a good European level fighter. 6 or so years ago when the fight SHOULD have been made, i'd go with hopkins, but today i'm picking Calzaghe bya close decision. I'll be rooting for B-hop though, because i really admire all the work he puts in the seriousness in which he handles his business.

I am rooting for Bernard Hopkins don't mind the avy its a jinx thing for Calzaghe.

I don't think that Calzaghe has ever stepped into the ring with the likes of a Hopkins type boxer who is very intelligent and at Hopkins age he still hasgreat skills to defeat Calzaghe. While Hopkins lost to J. Taylor I thought he did enough to win that fight and he even had Taylor hurt badly but couldn'tknock him out.

Calzaghe's biggest fight were against Jeff Lacy and Mikkel Kessler both of them haven't even fought the elites in boxing so you can't really saythat Calzaghe is so great yet even if he is undefeated and has lots of fights won moslty in his hometown. I am still not convinced that Calzaghe is great asmost experts see him.

Tonight i expect a very technical boxing match with both being very cautious not wanting to engage in a slug fest it will be very close with Calzaghe throwinglots of punches while Hopkins will counter punch and land the more powerful punches and Calzaghe will throw lots of punches but not enough power behind them. Isee Hopkins winning a 115-113 Unanimous Decision. It won't be easy but everyone will see that Hopkins deserves to have his name mentioned as one of thebest in our generation.

Joe Calzaghe, the NEW Ring Light Heavyweight Champion of the World !!!
pimp.gif

vxert2.jpg

I see this fight as gamed out & planned by Calzaghe, he studied Hopkins very well, & came prepared to embarass Hopkins on his own turf.
Bernard Hopkins will be overwhelmed & he gets stunned by Calzaghe's left hook, 3rd rd Knockout.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

I cant wait for the fight tonight its on at 3.30am-4am here in the UK but its well worth getting up for I think this is gonna be a good old fashioned slug fest.

Any of u guys that say Bhop should take this I dont see why to me this is very very close and wont be alot in it Bhop is a warrior and has proven that time and time again but Joe throws a huge volume of punches that hurt he does not have a single knockout punch but that does not weaken his chance to win he wears fighters down and he also has a great chin over his career hes been in with some hatchet men and just taken theres and out worked them.

I give it to Joe on points and itll have to be a wide margin of victory in Vegas or theyll give it to Hopkins Joe's basicaly gotta do wat he always does stalk his opponant and frustrate them with sheer volume of work.

On a side note here in England York Hall Bethenal Green London Ryan Rhodes turned back the clock 12 years last night and put on a fantastic fight performance knocking out young up and coming light middleweight Gary Woolcombe.A great performance with some fantastic work and a sickening knockout was great to see.

Anybody who may not know Ryan Rhodes he was always on Prince Naseems undercards from the same Igle gym in Sheffield and they was like brothers he fights like a more polished Nas similar style switch hitting lowish guard very damageing accurate punches he was nicknamed "The Spice Boy" back in the mid 90s but seemed to disapear even after only losing 4 of 38 fights.

Nas was there last night to talkin alot of smack to the camera mad jokes but ive never seen a talent let himself go so badly hes huuuuuuuge now must be 100lbs above his old boxing weight but then again he was only ever in boxing to make all that cash and be flash.

Peace
Scottie

Man its only 1.45 *%@ and i'm tired already lol, might have to break out the Sky+ just cant take the pace.

I give it to Joe on points and itll have to be a wide margin of victory in Vegas or theyll give it to Hopkins
Sounds like a built in excuse just in case he loses.

It's time to break the streak String
laugh.gif

I got hopkins via ko with a counter right hook late in like round 10

And yea I'm DVRin ufc that's a must see as well

Im UK born n raised so I come in and post about UK fighters mostly Hatton,Haye,Khan,Witter and Joe Calzaghe when u live in a country that cant even win thesports they invented even though they pump all this money into them u be proud of what bright things u have.

The reason I said about the wide margin of points isnt an excuse its a fact as much as I love boxing theres far to much caruption and horrible scoringespecialy already this year starting with Paulie Malignaggi first fight of the year.

This fight has 12 round slugfest written all over it I just hope its judged fairly American fighters always get the benefit of fighting in Vegas and no im notpro UK I follow alot of American fighters to I dont post alot but thas my choice its just a shame when a great sport gets ruined when fighters have foughtthere heart out and get robbed.

I love boxing but hate it if anybody understands that

As always I hope that Boxing wins and us the fans arnt robbed no matter who wins I hope its a great fight.

Peace
Scottie

Hov and Marty McFly in the attendance????

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Catherine Zeta Jones is prolly in her 40 and could still get it

smh.gif

EDIT - Ray J??

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom