2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

THIS REF WAS HORRIBLE!!

they stop even trying to talk abrahams mouth pice out.

EDIT
tired.gif

*adds this to my list of robbers in boxing*

I'm so happy everyone else gets to see the ridiculousness that went on in that fight. I've been mad at that fight for damn near 2 years now, andcan't wait for Saturday night. I'll be rooting HARD for Miranda, there will be absolutely no objectivity whatsoever over here. If Miranda gets robbedagain yall might have to talk me away from the window.

Two of boxing's brightest young stars, flyweight titleholder Nonito Donaire and rising junior middleweight prospect James Kirkland, have severed tieswith promoter Gary Shaw because they claim he breached their promotional contracts, manager Cameron Dunkin told ESPN.com.

Donaire declared his free agency last week while Kirkland, co-managed with Dunkin by attorney Michael Miller, fired Shaw this week.

Both fighters sent the New Jersey-based promoter legal letters informing him that they had terminated their relationship because he was behind on the numberof fights he owed them and had failed to properly disclose revenue from previous fights.

"[Shaw] was behind on fights for both of them and they were not staying busy," Dunkin said. "One is a world champion and one is a very hotprospect and they need to fight. We really need to get these kids somewhere to keep them more active. They both wanted to fight and they were bothunhappy."

According to the letter Miller sent Shaw on Kirkland's behalf, which was obtained by ESPN.com, Kirkland signed a promotional agreement with Gary ShawProductions on Feb. 27, 2006.

Under the contract, Shaw "was to provide James Kirkland with a minimum of five bouts per year for each of the first two contract years," Millerwrote in the letter. "In fact, GSP did not do so; for the second contract year it provided only three bouts. This had the effect of impairing Mr.Kirkland's career. This was brought to your attention by my letter of March 10, 2008. Absolutely no steps were taken to cure.

"We also point out that GSP is in violation of the Muhammad Ali Act in that it has provided no revenue statements to Mr. Kirkland as required by theAct and under your own contract. Please be advised that as a result of these breaches and actions Mr. Kirkland hereby terminates the contract."

Dunkin said a similar letter was sent to Shaw on Donaire's behalf.

Donaire (19-0-1, 12 KOs) won a 112-pound world title via crushing fifth-round knockout of Vic Darchinyan on July 7, 2007, and has fought just once since, aneighth-round TKO of Luis Maldonado in a Dec. 1 title defense.

The 25-year-old Filipino, who is based in California, signed with Shaw to get a shot at Darchinyan, whom he also promotes. Dunkin said the issues with Shawcame to a head when he was being considered for an Aug. 2 Showtime card that will be headlined by Darchinyan, who will challenge Dimitri Kirilov for a juniorbantamweight title. Donaire didn't want to fight on the undercard of a fighter he had knocked out.

A fight between Donaire and Hussein Hussein had been planned in Dubai in April but postponed before being canceled.

Shaw told ESPN.com that he had turned the matter over to his attorney but expressed disappointment in the fighters' decisions.

"I'm disappointed that Nonito doesn't want to be with me or his management doesn't think he should be with me, but I cooperated when hewanted to fight in Dubai with a Filipino promoter," Shaw said. "The fact that the fight was postponed for three months and then fell out, I can'ttake responsibility. And I had gotten him a spot on the Kirilov-Darchinyan card, which was not my card. It is [Kirilov promoter] Cedric Kushner'scard."

Kirkland (22-0, 19 KOs), a 24-year-old from Austin, Texas, had become a staple of Shaw's "ShoBox" cards on Showtime before making a tremendoussplash by scoring a first-round knockout of Eromosele Albert in his May 17 HBO debut.

Kirkland was very unhappy that he was paid only $50,000 for a featured HBO fight and with the way Shaw treated him before the fight, Dunkin said.

"I think I've done a tremendous job for James Kirkland and the team," Shaw said. "I've had him on Showtime and HBO."

Shaw said he had been working on another HBO fight for him on Oct. 4.

Dunkin said he was talking to promoters about signing the fighters. If there are no legal issues, Top Rank has expressed interest in Donaire, Dunkinsaid.

Dan Rafael is ESPN.com's boxing writer

eek.gif

WHO IS WATCHING FIRDAY NIGHT FIGHTS

OMFG WOW

This dude just pulled off a buzzer beater NO +%!%%$# LIE

he is down in the fight in the 9th round and fires a BOMB one second before the round is over and DROPS THE HELL OUT OF DUDE. dude got up tho so fight is goingto the cards.

dude end up winning. he JUST MADE the 10 count to win the fight.

and this main event is crazy. this dudes eye is
sick.gif

GEORGE TOWN, Grand Cayman -- Andre Ward is always referred to as the lone gold medal winner for the U.S. boxing team in the 2004 Olympic Games. He will needto win a world championship before he can make that accomplishment a footnote to his name.
Ward took a step closer to making that happen when he demolishedJerson Ravelo, a 2000 Olympian with the Dominican boxing team, at the Royal Watler Cruise Terminal on Friday. Ward scored a devastating eighth round TKOagainst Ravelo, dropping Ravelo to his knees and then face forward to the canvas with a short left hand followed by a quick right. Ravelo made it up by thecount of eight, but he was unsteady on his feet. As Ward charged in to continue his assault, a white towel flew in from Ravelo's corner. Referee SteveSmoger had his back turned to the towel coming into the ring, but he reacted just as quickly to step in and protect Ravelo (18-3, 12 KOs) from further injury,stopping the fight at 2:37 of Round 8 to give Ward his sixth straight knockout victory since moving up to the super middleweight division last year.
[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez

Andre Ward had reason to smile after defeating Jerson Ravelo in eight rounds.
"My objective was accomplished," Ward said of his knockout over Ravelo. "It was the old cliché. Don't rush it, don't be tooanxious. I was telling myself the whole week this was going to be the best performance of my career." Ward (16-0, 11 KOs) ended the fight just the way hewanted. "It was a little left hook to blind him and a right hand to put him down," he said. "Like Bernard Hopkins does it." With thevictory, Ward clinched the NABO title, which he considers his first world title. It is a minor title at best, but it does give Ward position in the top 10 ofthe WBO, where Joe Calzaghe remains the reigning king. "We're not looking for a world title fight yet," said Dan Goossen, Ward's promoter."We've been patient and I see no need to rush anything just yet. I could see him being ready for a title shot in a couple more fights. But this wasthe type of fight that he needed, because he was a little hesitant at first, but once he settled down, he controlled the fight." Ward rushed out of thecorner like he was launched from a rocket to begin Round 1. It seemed to catch Ravelo off guard. Ravelo, who was a member of the 2000 Dominican Olympic boxingteam, never seemed to get in a rhythm against the faster Ward. And even though he had a height and reach advantage, Ravelo never pressed it. Instead, he keptgetting popped by Ward's pop shots. Ward briefly switched to a southpaw stance in the fifth round, hoping to catch Ravelo off guard because he knew thatRavelo had been stopped previously by a lefty. But after Ward found it easy to land the right hand from the orthodox stance, he didn't do it anymore. Bythe seventh round, Ravelo, who has broken his right hand five times in his career and had it surgically repaired three times, looked exhausted. His mouth wasopen and he was gasping for air. It seemed only a matter of time before Ward would catch up to him. Ward was anxious to get back home to Oakland to be with hiswife and newborn daughter, who was born on June 12. Ward said he got to spend a day with her before he had to fly to the Cayman Islands for the fight withRavelo. "All I wanted to do was get back home and lay my belt at the feet of my wife and daughter," he said. If he continues to fight the way he didagainst Ravelo last night, Ward, 24, will soon be laying some bigger and better hardware at the feet of his two queens. In other key fights on the undercard,Wayne McCullough, a former bantamweight and featherweight world champion, called it quits for good after his corner stopped his fight against Juan Ruiz afterthe sixth round. "This is probably my last fight," McCullough announced to the small crowd at the outdoor Cayman Island cruise ship terminal. "Igot the silver medal for Ireland [at the 1992 Olympic Games] and I got the WBC [bantamweight] title for Ireland. I want to thank the American fans and the fansin the Caymans who came out for their support. I'll be retired after [Friday night]. Thank you everybody." McCullough was taking a lot of shots fromRuiz (22-5, 7 KOs), but he seemed to be giving as good as he was getting. Two of the judges had McCullough ahead at the time of the stoppage. Judge Jose Riverahad it 58-57 and Judge Nelson Vazquez had it 58-56 for McCullough, while Judge Roberto Ramirez had it 56-58 for Ruiz. McCullough (27-7, 18 KOs) hadn'tfought in three years before climbing into the ring against Ruiz on Friday night. His last fight had been a 10th round TKO against Oscar Larios for the WBCsuper bantamweight title on June 16, 2005. But McCullough's résumé was filled with fights against great world champions like Erik Morales, Naseem Hamed,Scott Harrison and Daniel Zaragoza. Heavyweight contender "Fast" Eddie Chambers started slow against Raphael Butler. But once Chambers (31-1, 17 KOs)got rolling and let his hands go he made quick work of Butler, scoring an impressive TKO victory at 2:23 of the sixth round. Chambers stunned Butler (31-5, 24KOs) with a left to the jaw and quickly followed it with another barrage of punches, finally sending Butler through the second rope and sprawled onto the ringapron with a big right. The way that Chambers stopped Butler, who outweighed him by 33 pounds, was a measure of redemption for the way that he lost toAlexander Povetkin in his last fight. The match against Povetkin was especially painful because it was an IBF title eliminator. "I'm happy with theknockout, although I expected it to come sooner," Chambers said. "I was setting him up with the jab all day. I'm glad I got a couple of roundsin, but I really could have stopped him earlier." Junior middleweight contender Ronald Hearns (19-0, 15 KOs) stopped Jose Luis Gonzalez (12-4-1, 10 KOs)on a TKO at 2:01 of the seventh round. Gonzalez was getting battered from the first round on and his corner stopped the fight shortly after Hearns landed a bigright hand that stunned Gonzalez. Hearns is the son of former welterweight and middleweight champ Thomas Hearns, who worked the corner on Friday. Tim Smithis the boxing columnist for the New York Daily News

ya i been watching. 2 mexican fightings u can never go wrong tuning in.
laugh.gif

EDIT:

eek.gif

this fools going at it at the end. this fool just tired to knock him out with a head butt
roll.gif

this fool is letting marquez steal rounds. marguez keeps it even for the 1st 2 minutes then with 1 minute left in each round he fires away

Did anyone know that Kessler had a fight tonight? I sure didn't.

Well he won a title that he lost to Calzaghe, whom vacated it when he moved up to fight Hopkins.

they keep sayin Miranda couldnt beat Abraham with a broke jaw, but Abraham went into straight defensive mode, If he opened up and actually boxed he woulda gotKO'd ...
this is gonna be a helluva fight ...
pimp.gif

Yea I knew Kessler was fighting ...

Arreola is throwin' bombs, but he really needs to pick his shots better.

EDIT:
roll.gif
Right at the bell.

There's no discussion...he was finished, couldn't even respond to the ref.

i turend to the HBO fight late what all just happened?

Miranda is goig to work EARLY

EDIT:

GET THE %+%# OUT OF HERE ABRAHAM U +%@%! @!$ *#$+%. trying to sell that #%%+ he didnt even get close

laugh.gif
Miranda with the super low blow

laugh.gif

This gonna be a long fight

Miranda is workin the Body good too, hope it doesnt discourage him

laugh.gif
the ref Stuttering on HBO
roll.gif

the officiating in the HBO fight
I agree to a certain point BUT...he was done, though.

They called it a DQ but in reality...it should've been a stoppage.

He got up, and dropped again. He looked dazed and was on shaky legs...

Back
Top Bottom