2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

for some reason i thought mosley and mayorga fought already maybe it was just mayorga calling shanes wife out that one time. these tickets better not be overpriced

Abaraham's jaw was DESTROYED after that fight. He seriously could not eat solid foods for a month after the fight. He had 2 titanium plates installedafterwards, and couldn't fight for the better part of a year.

As for Mosley-Mayorga, if its PPV it better have a stacked undercard. The fight would be entertaining while it lasted, but probably won't be competitiveand really isn't all that significant in the grand scheme of things.

As for Mosley-Mayorga, if its PPV it better have a stacked undercard
Mayorga is comedy

I can't wait for the press conferences and weigh ins

laugh.gif

Is Zab Judah's dad still training Mayorga ?

I already Know Ricardo is gonna go in on shane at the pressers
laugh.gif
esp. bout the Roids
laugh.gif

^Remember when Mayweather Jr. was getting at Mosley's wife and they weren't even fighitng? Can only imagine what Mayorga will say.

Man, F' Andre Berto...sorry Gunna.
tongue.gif

The real fight is the undercard...Chris Arreola Vs. Chazz Witherspoon, two good heavyweight prospects.

Arreola is THAT dude...you'll see.

mirandaworkout1.jpg

mirandaworkout3.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Abraham, Miranda Press Quotes!
[/font][/font]

June 18, 2008

On Saturday, June 21, undefeated middleweight champion Arthur Abraham, and the explosive, hard-hitting EdisonMiranda will co-star in the emotionally charged sequel, live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING at 9 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast). Abraham wonthe first fight on a hotly disputed unanimous decision in a scintillating affair on September 23, 2006. The 12-round rematch will be contested at a catchweight of 166 pounds.
Abraham and Miranda took time from their workouts Tuesday to offer some insights on how training camp has been,what they thought of their first fight and their views on the rematch.
ARTHUR ABRAHAM

"It is an advantage for me that I already know Miranda. I know how I will fight against him and that is why I know how to prepare. Itgives me even more security.

"The fight weight is definitely good for me. I feel even stronger. Making weight can be a real torture but I do not have to do it this time.

"I know that I have to be more active from the first bell on. It is also important to stay concentrated. Miranda is a guy who makes you pay for mistakes.But I will not give him a chance to do so. I will win.

"In the first meeting the broken jaw kept me from showing my true potential. I will make up for that on June 21."

EDISON MIRANDA

"Abraham is making the biggest mistake of his life. The last time, I broke his jaw when I was weakand struggling to make 160 pounds. At super middleweight I'm so strong it's scary. I'd be surprised if he makes it five rounds.

"The last fight was the worst night of my career because I had the title stolen from me. Now we're on a level playing field and the only thingdetermining the outcome of this fight will be my fists. And I will get my redemption on Saturday.

"He's a good fighter and I respect him as a fighter. But I will not hesitate to destroy him when we're in thering. This is a man's business and I don't know if he belongs here anymore.

"Abraham made me wait almost two years for my rematch and on Saturday I will make him pay for every minute Iwaited

"I've had my best camp ever. I'm on weight and I'm just climbing the walls waiting for the first bell to ring. After Isend Arthur Abraham back home I want to settle another score with Kelly Pavlik. Joe Calzaghe won't fight him, but I will, and it won't be the samestory the second time around."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mikkel Kesslar is fighting this Saturday too, he has been MIA since his last fight vs Joe Calzaghe

Ill give it to miranda he is one Confident trash talking dude alwayshas some mean lines . Imagine a press conferance between him and Mayorga , would be comedy.

the replay is on showtime 2 right now

these !+#%+# are throwing BOMBS

EDIT:

eek.gif
this fool got 2 points taken away for the head butt
roll.gif

these ref is a idiot he is giving the coner options on what they want to do.

HBO "Black and Blues"
Berto / Rodriguez Eye WBC Welter Title!

10cuo8i.jpg

Welterweights Andre Berto (21-0 18 KOs) and Miguel "Mikki" Rodriguez (29-2, 23 KOs) will face off for the newly vacated WBC Welterweight Championship, which Floyd Mayweather Jr. relinquished when he opted to retire last week.

" I've worked and trained hard for this fight," Rodriguez said.
Berto said a little more, but not much. The fighter mentioned looking forward to possibly facing Mayweather before his retirement, but now he's focused on winning the belt. Saturday night's event will be his third fight in Memphis. He impressed in both of his previous bouts.

THIS REF WAS HORRIBLE!!

they stop even trying to take abrahams mouth pice out.

EDIT
tired.gif

*adds this to my list of robbers in boxing*

Lets go "Mikki" Rodriguez I'm calling upset right now (actually Im Lying I have never heard of him lol) Just hoping that it goes longer than 3rds How either of them deserved a title shot is beyond me but money makes the WBC move . They better fight is Arreola - Witherspoon should be a good scrap

HBO is really struggling to make Rodriguez seem relevant
laugh.gif

They're using the fighter A almost beat fighter B who beat fighter C and D argument. Also talking about his ring smarts because studies Egyptian cultureand his athletic ability because he played basketball and soccer in HS
laugh.gif

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/0621_berto_rodriquez/columns/gottlieb_overview.html

On the surface, it would seem that Rodriguez's No. 2 ranking by the sanctioning body is something of a stretch. But don't be misled; Rodriguez is a dangerous contender and could very well pull off an upset.

Rodriguez was 26-1 when he made his U.S. debut against a then little known Argentinean named Carlos Baldomir in May of 2005. After a slow start, Rodriguez came on strong in the later rounds and pushed Baldomir to the limit before losing a close 12-round decision, 113-116 and 112-116 twice.

Baldomir, of course, went on to upset welterweight champion Zab Judah in his next fight, and then dismantled Arturo Gatti in his first defense before Mayweather brought him back to earth.

"We were very impressed with Rodriguez when he knocked out Luis Maysonet (32-9)," said Bob Goodman, King's longtime right-hand man. "Then we put him in with the very rugged Carlos Baldomir, who struggled to win a 12-round decision. Miki Rodriguez is a very rangy fighter who can punch, and has been past the 10th round four times, winning all but the Baldomir fight."

Rodriguez is also a tall welterweight at 5'11 (Berto is 2 1/2 inches shorter), and very athletic, having excelled in basketball and soccer in high school. While his amateur credentials are nowhere near Berto's, he had a good 85-15 record and but for fate might have made the Mexican Olympic team. Scheduled to fight in an Olympic qualifier in Puerto Rico, Rodriguez lost his plane ticket and never got there.

What Rodriguez also brings to the ring is smarts. "I like to read about everything there is to know," Rodriguez said. "I like many subjects. I am currently reading a book about Egyptian culture."

In Rocky III, just before the opening bell in Balboa's rematch with Clubber Lang, his trainer Apollo Creed whispered to him in the corner, "You remember where you came from; you remember what it took to get you here." Arreola and Rodriguez would be wise to heed Creed's words, and for that matter, so would Witherspoon and Berto. In the end, it is not what you bring to the ring, but what you take out of it.

Back
Top Bottom