2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Calzaghe rejects Pavlik fight!

Friday, June 13 2008

The proposed October 18 superfight between WBC/WBA/WBO super middleweight champ Joe Calzaghe and WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik appears to be off. "I think it's unlikely," Calzaghe told the South Wales Argus. "I'm not sure if Pavlik really wants to face me at the moment. He would have little to gain because I believe I would definitely beat him and, with respect to Gary Lockett, I would be a step-up too far for Pavlik." Calzaghe called a clash with Roy Jones Jr. "the right fight for me at the moment."

...this makes me hate Calzaghe even more...his dad saw the beating Pavlik would've gave him, so he goes after another 40 year old...

how can u say fighting RJJ is the "right fight...at the moment" when he's almost 40 and got knocked out BADLY 2x?...at this pt, i just hope pplreject Calzaghe's fights so he doesnt get any money...

I'mma check out the Miranda fight tonight...never got a chance to see it

Good weekend for boxing with BAD and the Miranda re match

There may or may not be an avy change before this weekend

laugh.gif

Fight is about to get underway

Also, Cocaine Cowboys is on after the fight on the same channel

I saw it already but its definitely a good watch

thanks for the heads up...
Abraham is full of %%%@
laugh.gif
I never saw this fight...

this is worse than I heard...

this fight should have been stopped, Abraham was looking for the fight to end, even said he didnt want to continue
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Abraham's jaw/mouth is HORRIBLE MY GOD!

eek.gif

Eddy caught a few good ones earlier in the fight

I'm more hyped about this Saturday now

laugh.gif

Yo, Abraham's corner doesn't give a !#+@ they know Eddy isn't leaving Germany with a W...this guy is gonna need a blood transfusion

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
randy Newman was definitely on the take

a 2 pt deduction for the head butt,
the fight shoulda been stopped on drs orders.
Abraham said "No" when asked to continue
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Im even more convinced, Miranda is gonna win the rematch,
is it in Germany?

Abraham needs to fire his cornermen
laugh.gif
they do NOT have his health and well being as their number 1 interest

ARTHUR ABRAHAM IS A BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

laugh.gif
Germany
as long as Newman is not the ref
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he just stepped in while Edison was attacking, "u okay"

what the !*%! kinda officiating is that!?

so these judges decided that even without 5 points being deducted, Miranda woulda still lost???? HUH!?
Edison won damn near every round I watched from round 3 on ...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

yeah, i noticed the Hopkins and even Ricky Hatton.. I'll wait till they go on sale. I copped a Rampage at Champs Sports for $26... it's the one withthe 2 wolves facing each other... worn it like twice
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and Amo, Can we please get a BERTO B.A.D THREAD TITLE for our thread
laugh.gif

PS. String, No Berto Avys Allowed

Berto taking second billing this week. I aint ever giving top spot the same weekend as a Miranda fight, especially when he fighting another tomatocan.

And yeah, Abaraham-Miranda 1 was REAL bad. I watched that on my computer from a german stream and damn near needed a new laptop afterwards i was so heated. I tossed a can of soda at the screen and broke the hinge on it. Now the screen needs to be constantly propped up. Randy Neumann owes me a new computer.
mad.gif

laugh.gif
Cab Driver
laugh.gif

Miranda gonna have to knock Abraham out in order to get a W in Germany.

I just started burning all the 2008 fights from my DVR & Tivo to DVDs

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

thanks for the heads up...
Abraham is full of %%%@
laugh.gif
I never saw this fight...

this is worse than I heard...

this fight should have been stopped, Abraham was looking for the fight to end, even said he didnt want to continue
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Abraham's jaw/mouth is HORRIBLE MY GOD!

eek.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Abraham was literally screaming when his corner men would take out his mouthpiece between rounds...
How he kept taking punches is just ridiculous.
He had a contiunous flow of blood out his mouth that lasted from Round 4 to rnd 12.

AbrahamArthur060923WithBeltGbg.jpg

sick.gif
roll.gif

Sugar Shane Mosley Next Fight...

It now seems Mosley will face Nicaraguan tough guy, Ricardo Mayorga. "This is what it looks like we will do," Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy told ESPN. "I am working on it with [Mayorga's promoter] Don King."

This will now be Mosley's third schedule opponent for his next bout - with fights against Zab Judah and now Mora falling apart for one reason or another. Still, a fight between the 36-year-old "Sugar" and the dangerously unpredictable Mayorga could well result in a lively affair. It is not clear whether the new fight will still go ahead on October 11th, but it seems likely it will. The bout will definitely take place at 154 pounds. The Mosley camp are, all things considered, happy that it will be Mayoraga next.

"This is a fight that we tried to make instead of Judah," Jin Mosley told ESPN. "Things happen for a reason. Don King is a legend and we always wanted an opportunity to work with him. Mayorga is one of my favourite fighters to watch, so it will be a great match-up and will be an exciting night. We are hoping that this will be Shane's next fight."

Mosley-Mayorga is intriguing, without a doubt - maybe even more so than Mosley-Mora. However, Mora's people are not happy the fight with Mosley has fallen through.

"I think it's silly, with all due respect to Vernon, that we would have an immediate rematch," Contender promoter Jeff Wald told ESPN. "Why do it immediately? I think a fight with Vernon is not a compelling fight right now after the way the first fight [with Mora] went. If Sergio beat Mosley, it would be even more compelling because Vernon beat Shane twice. I would like to make it [a Mora-Forrest II] a bigger event than it would be right now." It seems Vernon Forrest's rematch clause has had the final word with regards to a proposed Mosley-Mora fight!

Shane beats Mayorga easy.

Back
Top Bottom