2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

whats the hiatus for Gunna? can't deal with the Manny fanboys?
laugh.gif

Gee, i wonder who you are picking for this fight.
laugh.gif
I'll end up rooting for Marquez because i enjoy upsets and i LOVE the way Marquez boxes. The SweetScience with aggression and power, its a beautiful thing. However, i can't dismiss Manny that easily. He is a good offensive fighter, and was able to putJMM on the canvas 3 times last time. I just think that Manny hasn't really slipped, and JMM's defense has noticeably gotten worse. He'll schoolManny early, but i think JMM's leaky D is gonna bite him in the %$$ late in the fight. If JMM took the rematch right away, he would've beat Mannyclearly, no question.

One outcome that i'm not hearing people give much thought is Marquez by KO. I would not be surprised if that happened. Manny has been KO'd before,was hurt by Marquez in their first fight, and was hurt more recently by Larrios who isn't even a big puncher at 122. Watch to see if Marquez walks Mannyinto a big punch early and tries to finish him. JMM has been much more aggressive in recent fights, so i think there is a decent chance of this happening, buti really only see it early. If Manny gets to the mid and late rounds unscathed, i expect him to reach the final bell. Depending on the odds, however, Marquezby KO might be worth a small bet.

yeah, manny was schooled after the 1st round during that first encounter. His aggressive style is perfect for counter-punching Marquez. I do think this willend up like Pac/Barrera II. It be nice to see him KO JMM, but realistically, i think Manny wins split or majority decision for being aggressive. JMM alreadytasted Manny's power so i doubt he'll stand toe-toe with Manny.

Yeah, i'd like to give props to Nate Campbell. I used to see him fight in the USA Network and even fought in my hometown Temecula, CA a few years go, if iremember i think it was the undercard of Mayorga/Forrest. 5 years ago here in NT after Manny beat MBB, a topic came up about "what's your dreamfight?" And my answer was Pac vs Campbell... i got alot of stonefaces from fellow Pacquiao fans then saying " wth is that?"
2 years ago a topic came up after Manny beat Morales for the 3rd time, "who will Pacquiao fight next?" I replied by saying Joan Guzman, and again igot stonefaced and the rolleyes emoticon together with "WTH is that?" replies.. lol!

In an almost unbelievable repeat of poor management and professional standards the WBC has once again completely lost sight of itsprimary responsibilities. "Fool me once shame on you…fool me twice…shame on me…fool me a third time…I am hopelessly incompetent." Not content to havescrewed up twice in supervising one of its premier boxer's fight preparation schedules, the WBC has once again demonstrated that it is (IMO) completelyincapable of taking a clue and tightening its supervision of a boxer who has served ample notice that he should be subject to strict authority.

This is very bad for Boxing which is fighting for its very survival as a credible sport. It's all well and good for everybody to party on the "MayanRiviera", but to expect the king of weigh-in fiascos and his camp to actually hit the mark without daily supervision is sheer fantasy and they (the WBC)should have known it.http://.

Above is just a clipping from a random article that doesn't include MP in the first sentence so the fanboys will probably not get to this point.I'll probably just continue to taunt all the MP fanboys up until the fight. Anyway, I thinkPacquiao will pull it out in a close fight though I will rooting for JMM.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

A Pacquiao fight brings all these newcomers to the boxing thread
laugh.gif

Where were you guys when Gorres, Amonsot, or Donaire fought?
ohwell.gif

uhhmm, philboxing.com forum? what about you?
roll.gif

you forgot Nietes and Penalosa
roll.gif

I am taking Juan Manuel Marquez in this fight he is the better boxer and counter puncher than Pacquiao.

Has anyone placed bets on this fight? or plan to bet?

Originally Posted by jrb 5

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

A Pacquiao fight brings all these newcomers to the boxing thread
laugh.gif

Where were you guys when Gorres, Amonsot, or Donaire fought?
ohwell.gif

uhhmm, philboxing.com forum? what about you?
roll.gif

you forgot Nietes and Penalosa
roll.gif

i'm a member in philboxing.com

And what you mean my "thread title" plan is backfiring already?
laugh.gif
I knew there was no way i could keep them out, so i figured i might as well give em a quick jab in the process. Also, i love how they all think i'm mexican for some reason, talking about "my" boy Marquez and "my" legendary boxers. Sorry to say, Manny Pacquiao has never beaten Antonio Cervantes and never will, so he has not beaten my heritage's only legendary boxer. I don't have a dog in this race, i just figured it would be fun to poke the Manny fans a little bit.

I see them coming out now lol. I'm still rooting for Manny just for the fact I think Marquez would stay put and not move up (unless someonehas other info) and I want to see more interesting fights this year. But these fanboys man lol. But anyways, 3 great fights this weekend; Haye got rid ofEnzo in time for me to switch over to HBO at 9:30. He doesn't have to fight Cunningham IMO because he already put his belts on the line to fight Enzo. Nate showed a lot of heart in that fight give him his props but I don't think it makes Diaz look like any less of a fighter I still think he is the classof the division. Peter just went nuts...he looked like he was ready to take a swing at Max during the interview. I hope he fights Wladimir even if Stewardkept dodging the question. Another thing, it's really nice to see that Casamayor/Katsidis, Cotto/Gomez, Cintron/Margarito and Hopkins/Calzage are not PPV.

^^^^For real, a GREAT start to 08 for boxing.

As for placing bets on this fight, i haven't yet. Neither guy is getting good enough odds for me to feel confident one way or the other. As i said earlier,though, depending on the odds for "Marquez by KO", i might drop a couple bucks on that. I have a feeling that whatever vegas sets the odds at willmake it at least a good value bet.

Some wagers that i'm looking at for the next couple weeks are:
Katsidis -210 Cassamayor
Cotto-Gomez OVER 9.5 rounds +130
Cintron +250 Margarito
Woods +115 Tarver

I don't know about that Cintron line I don't see how he'd be favored by that much (unless I'm reading it wrong).

I don't know about that Cintron line I don't see how he'd be favored by that much (unless I'm reading it wrong).
It's + 250 for Cintron meaning you would have to bet 100 win 250. Margarito on the other hand is -280 or so meaning youwould need to bet -280 to win 100 making him the favorite. Sorry if you know this already and you were just reading it wrong.

I never gamble but I know this site (there may be others that are better) shows the lines from different online gambling sites that can help you pick the best:
http://www.docsports.com/boxing/boxing-odds.htmlhttp://www.docsports.com/boxing/boxing-odds.html

Yeah, i'm not necessarily sold on Cintron beating Margarito, but i think him at almost a 3-1 dog is a bit rediculous. Margarito hasn't looked that goodrecently, and hasn't really beaten anyone. Cintron hasn't beaten much in the way of great opposition, but he's looked MUCH better doing it, so ithink him as a slight dog is acceptable, but almost 3-1 is a bit crazy.

Cintron wont be Margarito the same thing will happen in the like the first time they fought it just might take a lil longer maybe 8-9rds . You saw the troubleCintron had with Jesse Feliciano , Margarito will put too much pressure on and beat him , then we get Cotto-Margarito

1st off I want to say it's great seeing a lot of boxing fans on NT. I haven't been on NT for a minute but I always check the boxing threads and gottagive respect to all those that post in here. I did pick the wrong week to start posting due to some "filipino guy" fighting this weekend but I wantedto post since the Taylor v. Pavlik fight but never got around to it.

Now to the fights
I always liked Hayemaker since my boys out in the UK let me know about him but I didn't think he had a chin or enough quality opponents. But, he'sdefinitely stepped it up and hold his own but the step to the hweights might be pushing it for Hayes. But you got RJJ fighting hweights plus that division ispaper thin with a lot of pushovers. I was never sold on "Baby Bull" since he had average punching power but it was his constant pressure andhatton-esque style that made him a force in the lweights. He met his match in Campbell who pushed him around and had that no fear attitude. You gotta give himrespect for getting into Diaz's head from the beginning of the fight. By round 7, Diaz looked dejected and didn't know what to do since� that cut abovethe eye caused him trouble and Campbell was bossing him all over the ring. At least Campbell was smart this time around not giving opponents free shots
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mextra45

Cintron wont be Margarito the same thing will happen in the like the first time they fought it just might take a lil longer maybe 8-9rds . You saw the trouble Cintron had with Jesse Feliciano , Margarito will put too much pressure on and beat him , then we get Cotto-Margarito

I don't know, Margarito just isn't that good, imo, and Cintron has looked a LOT better since getting with Emanuel Steward. Again, i don'tthink Cintron is necessarily the favorite, but i definitely think he is better than a 3-1 dog.

Cintron wont be Margarito the same thing will happen in the like the first time they fought it just might take a lil longer maybe 8-9rds . You saw the trouble Cintron had with Jesse Feliciano , Margarito will put too much pressure on and beat him , then we get Cotto-Margarito
I agree, that's exactly what I think will happen. I'm not the biggest fan of Margarito and I think he's always been a littleoverrated but the guy is tough and I think he will break down Cintron once again.

Back
Top Bottom