2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

gold is not weed or food brodie....
its actually 31.1 grams of gold per oz.

not that its a big difference, but still a difference when you're dealing with major weight

Dey Know Yayo-

I'm a freshman at University of Washington and have been following just about everything you've been explaining for the past 18 months but have notbeen able to understand it as in depth as you have been able to explain it. My question is are there any gold plays which you believe will return significantlymore and carry a similar or slightly higher risk than buying bullion? Would gold exploration companies be more favorable than established gold miners (Barrick,Newmont, Anglo etc) as they will be purchased with this increase in price? Insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

laugh.gif

this dude smart as hell. continue. im not gonna throw in any comments to seem like im as smart as you. this thread is appreciated though.

still no volume today-- srs and skf just gettin started. JPM BAC and MS look like theyre about to fall off a cliff and let's not even mention thesecommercial real estate stocks lookin like theyre goin to 0.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

gold is not weed or food brodie....
its actually 31.1 grams of gold per oz.

not that its a big difference, but still a difference when you're dealing with major weight
Good to know.
Troy Ounce. Forgot about that.
Gotcha.

Never dealt with buying per gram.

Ben,
What do Jewelers usually use for solid pieces? 22k ,18k and 14k gold?
How is the price calculated for that type of gold? Just by percentage of gold relative to the .999 price + the value of the alloy?
just curious.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

still no volume today-- srs and skf just gettin started. JPM BAC and MS look like theyre about to fall off a cliff and let's not even mention these commercial real estate stocks lookin like theyre goin to 0.

Lord willing. I need these to go up.
smh.gif
@ my market decisions last year.
smh.gif

I don't have any puts in specific banks yet, I'm waiting for some strong volume distribution, but you can bet I will be purchasing out-of-the-money putoptions against JPM BAC MS GS.

I do too, but, I don't really have any criteria in doing so other than an estimate as to where the price should be.

I'm sure our methodologies are greatly different, mine are on par with closing my eyes and throwing darts.

Suggestions? Volume?

Could I do the opposite, and grab some Calls on SRS?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Whats with the $35 ounce gold on ebay? Is it that cheap because its not certified/fake?
Are you sure it's an ounce or a gram???

Screw it I'm about to swoop this up at the end of the week...
Pic from ebay:

pampsuisse1oz02.jpg

I'm gonna try and talk them down to $900-950 with free shipping.
laugh.gif

I may have to really look into this because the same person that predicted the recession in 2006 said that gold was best way to invest your money

lazyj10- when i buy options, i ignore the strike price. i speculate on big short term movements coming from long term chart pattern building, so i rarely holdoptions more than like a week or so. as such, i buy options that are priced between 0.70-1.50, becasue the contract's actual price prices in in strikeprice, current price, time premium, and implied volatility, on the SHORT term. and yea, i have HUUUGE positions in SRS calls, strike prices 70 to 100.

i'm tryna get to a million by spring break.

Ah, so I need to basically learn charting (which I've wanted to and see mentioned here).

Cool, I have some work to do before I jump in.

What do you look for in implied volatility?

What's the point of buying gold to resell at a higher price if the dollar ain't gonna be worth anything anyway???

Back
Top Bottom