2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by shch

Opinions on JAG and/or EGO please guys??
EGO and JAG both perfect buys now, quantitative easing ftl.
DKY - If I wanted to save money to purchase a home in 5 years, should I invest in gold instead of a savings account/CD?
Gold, quantitative easing will rip apart cd's/saving's accounts.

So basically right now I should be moving my savings/cd's into gold??? What if the money is needed elsewhere? Im in school and im paying tuition so howwould I get the gold back paper money???

Originally Posted by CJ863

So basically right now I should be moving my savings/cd's into gold??? What if the money is needed elsewhere? Im in school and im paying tuition so how would I get the gold back paper money???
think of gold as your savings account, you don't pull it put until years down the road.

I agree with everyone who is recognizing how much quantitative easing going to cause inflation. It would be foolish to buy any dollar denominated long termsecurity right now. Interest rates are low enough but when QE and the monetizing of the debt starts to take effect, inflation will wipe out gains and the yieldwill fall even further because rates on securities will rise to make up for inflation.

We will not have any Wiemar Republic style inflation but 10% plus inflation is a very real possibility and you have got account for it. Where I work we managefunds for large investors and the senior managers there told me that they could not imagine that they would be dedicating so much of clients' funds to goldand silver. My firm is known for very conservative investing but that used to mean lots of mutual funds and bond funds denominated in dollars. It is sad thatwe have to start thinking about hording precious metals and having a lot of our investments denominated in foreign currencies.

Originally Posted by HustleGame

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by kidUFC

if i by $500 worth of gold.. how much can i make in a few months? lol

seriously..

you cant even get 1 oz. of gold for $500
laugh.gif
(one gold coin is usually 1 oz.)

at the prices right now, you would have to invest double that just to get a gold coin....get more money if you can to buy gold, seriously...if you cant buy atleast 1 gold coin, you need to either

A. get more money so you can buy 1 gold coin,
or
B. invest it into something else

***Also, i saw someone posting about buying BULLION gold...DO NOT do that. Bullion can be seized by the government in bad times I.E. right now or later on....Buy COINS

Coins are legal tender, and CANNOT be seized!

hope this helps the few that are really serious about this

-J23C
damn. can the govt really do that? does it apply to the australian govt?

why yes they can, not sure about the Australian govt though....only gold coins for me...still havent bought any yet though...waiting for 850/ounce
nerd.gif
, almost pulled the trigger a couple days ago though

-J23C

If the govt tried to take our bullion in these days folks is gonna clip up... Since the induction of the patriot act the spot I went has to take a copy of yourID and keep it on file

If the govt tried to take our bullion in these days folks is gonna clip up... Since the induction of the patriot act the spot I went has to take a copy of yourID and keep it on file

What's up with the SPDR GOLD Trust? Is that a good buy? I know having coins or bullion would be better, but is a Gold ETF so much worse?

What's good with any updates? I see Gold rising over the past few weeks. Anyone have any investment strategies at the moment for Gold?

Back
Top Bottom