2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

lazyj10- when i buy options, i ignore the strike price. i speculate on big short term movements coming from long term chart pattern building, so i rarely hold options more than like a week or so. as such, i buy options that are priced between 0.70-1.50, becasue the contract's actual price prices in in strike price, current price, time premium, and implied volatility, on the SHORT term. and yea, i have HUUUGE positions in SRS calls, strike prices 70 to 100.

i'm tryna get to a million by spring break.
When do your calls expire? I bought mine early last month expiring in April.

DYK gonna blow me off haha? Or is this one of the things you keep to yourself?

this post
pimp.gif
...As much info as DKY is dropping, still do your own hwk ifyoure going to be doing some investments.

lazyj10- when i buy options, i ignore the strike price. i speculate on big short term movements coming from long term chart pattern building, so i rarely hold options more than like a week or so. as such, i buy options that are priced between 0.70-1.50, becasue the contract's actual price prices in in strike price, current price, time premium, and implied volatility, on the SHORT term. and yea, i have HUUUGE positions in SRS calls, strike prices 70 to 100.

I think yayo said in another post that he goes for short term derivatives with prices of .7 -1.5 (somewhere there) and his strike prices were70-100 . I'd figure they're January calls.

On another note I think we still have some steam in this run. I think it's likely that Dow hits somewhere in 9300-9400 before the huge selloff to test 8kagain.
A lot hinges on tomorrow though. If the Dow can withstand breaching 9k by end of day again then I think the above is likely.
If not, then the sell off starts earlier. Prob. next week.

If Dow does hit >9300 than the 1st week of Feb. and into the 2nd will be very ugly.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I think yayo said in another post that he goes for short term derivatives with prices of .7 -1.5 (somewhere there) and his strike prices were 70-100 . I'd figure they're January calls.

On another note I think we still have some steam in this run. I think it's likely that Dow hits somewhere in 9300-9400 before the huge selloff to test 8k again.
A lot hinges on tomorrow though. If the Dow can withstand breaching 9k by end of day again then I think the above is likely.

If Dow does hit >9300 than the 1st week of Feb. and into the 2nd will be very ugly.

Definitely agree with you about tomorrow and the rest of this week. I want to see more volume go up for some definitive proof of where the market is headed.

I think yayo said in another post that he goes for short term derivatives with prices of .7 -1.5 (somewhere there) and his strike prices were 70-100 . I'd figure they're January calls.

On another note I think we still have some steam in this run. I think it's likely that Dow hits somewhere in 9300-9400 before the huge selloff to test 8k again.

Definitely agree with you about tomorrow and the rest of this week. I want to see more volume go up for some definitive proof of where the market is headed.
The market needs a trigger to start a sell off and I think one before 1/20 will be difficult to find.
Complacency has set in and it looks like the market is coasting for now. At least until 1/20. It's purely psychological (with a little Fed 'talkingtoo' to the funds to keep it quiet till Obama gets in?
laugh.gif
.)

The last few days we've had horrid data come out and nothing. All this talk about it already being 'priced in' is nonsense.
If the full reality was priced in than numerous sectors of the market would all be near 0 until they showed reasons for optimism.

We may get a trigger in the next few days, so who really knows.

A lot (I'd say about 70%) of stocks are just hitting their 50 MDA's or a bit above already. I'd look for a nice overshoot on those and then thesell off will begin.

anybody know why when I search for the srs options on yahoo finance, I get multiple options with the same strike price?

The market needs a trigger to start a sell off and I think one before 1/20 will be difficult to find.
Complacency has set in and it looks like the market is coasting for now. At least until 1/20. It's purely psychological (with a little Fed 'talking too' to the funds to keep it quiet till Obama gets in?
laugh.gif
.)

The last few days we've had horrid data come out and nothing. All this talk about it already being 'priced in' is nonsense.
If the full reality was priced in than numerous sectors of the market would all be near 0 until they showed reasons for optimism.

We may get a trigger in the next few days, so who really knows.

A lot (I'd say about 70%) of stocks are just hitting their 50 MDA's or a bit above already. I'd look for a nice overshoot on those and then the sell off will begin.
I think the only thing for sure right now is, Obama's honeymoon period will be short-lived because it will be either during a crash, or thebeginning of a crash.
laugh.gif

As for other people in this thread asking about SRS and Gold and such, before you follow DKY's advice, albeit it is solid advice, please do your ownresearch on all of this so that you know what you're getting yourself into.

So you think he plays options in the month of expiration? I always thought those were harder to make money on....

Yay for V, helping me recoup some of my losses.

an old friend just hit me up about a deal for 60 kilos of 98% 99% gold for CHEAP!
could be a big big comeup if it passes my testers. hmmmmmmmm
those asking about investing or buying bars? hhhahahhahaa holla? we'll see. I hope it's true. cuz i'm buying all of it. regardless of market price.I always end up using it.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

So you think he plays options in the month of expiration? I always thought those were harder to make money on....

Yes, I didn't believe it at first but that seems to be the case. You cant buy options at .7-1.5 two three or four months out so it has to be within themonth. Yes it is hard to make money, your timing has to be ridiculously good and there has to be sharp movement in that particular stock if you want to make alot of money buying that option so close to expiration.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Good point.
Idk for sure of course.

I recalled yayo posting a few days ago that he went in big into SRS and TBT so that's where I came up with Jan.
Also, most importantly, Jan SRS calls were within that price range a few days ago.

Shorter term calls are more risky but with a big reward side and fairly cheap.

Interesting. That's ballsy, and you certainly need technical analysis to be up more often than not.

All I recall him saying off the top of my head was that he is quick in a position, day/week or less, etc. So I guess expiration month would make sense. ForJanuary calls on V today I saw 5k volume on $60.

wawaweewa- yeah i'm playing almost exclusively january and february options at this point.
lazyj10- visa just broke out of a solid triangle on decent volume, might wanna try selling that into strength if it keeps going up.
ben baller- all cockiness aside, i'd defintely say pull the trigger on that. you probably haven't read my article or ever read a federal reservebalance sheet, but there's a lot of tailwinds for gold right now economically speaking.
reigndrop- we are at a ridiculously overbought point in the market after a couple weeks of ver low-volume rallying. that is bearish. volume and intraday priceaction suggests the market is just abotu to roll over. SRS is gonna be great for that.
nicefro- added to SRS today. I closed my TBT positions today, it's up over 13.5% since I called for a purchase and its options (which I had a huge positionin) have skyrocketed.

I have Jan calls but a high cost basis from months ago. I should have dumped my position, but I didn't because I was pre-occupied. Not a ton of money, itsa learning experience. Hoping to recoup some and dump the loss and move it into something different.

I imagine your tax return is a joy to prepare.

Thanks for all the information throughout.

I'd get out of bullish option positions ASAP, but that's just me.

After this next wave of selling I'm predicting, commodity stocks are looking great for big rallies. Gold stocks, as I've been saying repeatedly, aregearing up for huge price expansion. Some past leaders in energy stocks also are building strong bases and showing great price and volume movement, like APACLR CHK SD. Ferts and ag's might follow next. Steels have also shown strength. This is very inflationary, when markets are being led by ocmmodity stocksand not financials.

HSBC (HBC), which incurred huuuuge losses with Madoff, is looking like a great play here to short/buy puts against. I'm expecting this to go down to mid tohigh 30s.

I'd get out of bullish option positions ASAP, but that's just me.

After this next wave of selling I'm predicting, commodity stocks are looking great for big rallies. Gold stocks, as I've been saying repeatedly, are gearing up for huge price expansion. Some past leaders in energy stocks also are building strong bases and showing great price and volume movement, like APA CLR CHK SD. Ferts and ag's might follow next. Steels have also shown strength. This is very inflationary, when markets are being led by ocmmodity stocks and not financials.
lol...sometimes I don't know when to cut and run...i know it has to be sooner than later, glad it's up from .10

SKF and SRS are both at what appear to be strong pivot points here, with SKF in a descending triangle. With the overbought market looking like it's aboutto roll over, this seems very bullish for these ultrashorts. however, be aware that if the market finds a way to surge up again, that could be disastrous forSRS and SKF as their pivot points become great patterns to break DOWN from. I have a huuuuuge amount in bearish positions, so obviously it isn't worryingme and i'm confident in my picks, but i see some of you getting worried with your holdings so if you can't weather some big down moves then maybe youshould work with less risky equities.

Market's almost closed bump.

DKY, when you say SKF in a descending triangle, you mean SKF looks like its headed down or the DJUSRE looks like its headed down?

SKF up almost 10% today, volume jumped at the end of the day. Volume started to jump at around 2pm. Is this the start of things to come?

DKY, I think you'd be happy to know this. Somebody else is catching on too. Peep the excerpt.

If this is indeed the case, and we believe that it is, then we shall begin to see those central banks not given to inflationary policies, or those wishing to hedge themselves against such policies by others, will quietly but steadily begin accepting gold as a larger portion of their reservable assets. We have argued for some while that China, with a long history of respecting gold's position as an asset, will begin doing exactly that, allowing its dollar denominated assets to run off, while replacing them… quietly, very, very quietly… with gold instead. This is a process that shall take years, if not decades, so it is not a rushed bid into gold but shall instead be a quiet, steady support for the metal instead.

The Gartman Letter

Back
Top Bottom