2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by belle155

no offense but why would you get 1 or 2 gold coins? i can see getting it by the bar if youre going to get a lot but 1 or 2 coins seems kinda odd. like buying 1 share of google. you sure arent going to get rich off 2 coins. just wonderin
some people buy coins little by little, end up with a pretty big chunk of gold. think of collecting shoes.

To anyone in NYC who wants to buy gold in person there is a spot in the wall at area that sells certified gold bullion to the public Monday - Friday... 9-3 ishrs of business... I'm heading out there next week to get a couple oz... 90 broad st

no offense but why would you get 1 or 2 gold coins? i can see getting it by the bar if youre going to get a lot but 1 or 2 coins seems kinda odd. like buying 1 share of google. you sure arent going to get rich off 2 coins. just wonderin
An one ounce gold coin goes for $900+.

So....should I buy now or wait a while?? And should I buy coins or put it in gold stocks???

Obviously you're not going to strike it rich by playing with a couple hundred dollars. Not all of us have thousands of dollars lying around tothrow into investments. Does that mean we shouldn't do anything at all? No. You have to build some level of wealth first.

It seems like Onlygold.com stopped selling American Eagle coins due insufficient supply from mint.
Is this a good thing or bad? Or it really won't affect anything at all?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Obviously you're not going to strike it rich by playing with a couple hundred dollars. Not all of us have thousands of dollars lying around to throw into investments. Does that
mean we shouldn't do anything at all? No. You have to build some level of wealth first.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Someone understands.[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

this is not the time to buy, wait for a pullback.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm definitely waiting.[/color]

Originally Posted by devildog1776

To anyone in NYC who wants to buy gold in person there is a spot in the wall at area that sells certified gold bullion to the public Monday - Friday... 9-3 is hrs of business... I'm heading out there next week to get a couple oz... 90 broad st
whats the fee?

Originally Posted by shch

^Just any random jeweler?? Did they sell them for a lot more than they're worth?? Thanks for the info btw.
well im in ny so i just go to chinatown and basically every jeweler got bullions, coins is 50/50 but all of them got bullions, the fee variesthough. from what i've experienced its from 20-90 dollar fee for each ounce i get

Originally Posted by MoeMZA

gold is a great investment, i have no clue what you're talking about.

in 2004, gold was at $350. in 1934, it was $20. in 2012 it will be $10,000. i don't know how you can say i'm "late"-- the unwinding of hte us debt bubble has not occurred yet and is just about to. the last 4-5 years in gold have been little compared to whats about to go down.
Gold is a safe investment, NOT great.

More importantly, gold is 'great' if your trying to maintain the purchasing power of your savings.

As for the figures you gave, you have to realize (and save yourself) that it's all based on the inflating dollar. Compare the price of gold to any other commodity, mineral, or resource investment, and you'll see the price of gold has stayed the same. For example, the if you bought milk or crude oil using gold 50 years ago, it'll take about the same amount of gold to buy milk or crude oil today in 2009.

AGAIN, if you want to save your DOLLAR savings, then gold is a extremely SAFE investment.
thats not true. say for example inflation for the year is around 4% but gold prices increased by 10% then you made profit. you clearly have noidea about investing. if you wanna work out the real profit then you'll also need to adjust inflation to it. for example if the price of a house increasedby 20% over 5 years it doesnt mean you made 20% gain in 5 years. you have to take into account inflation over 5 years as well.

this is why people think they made money just because something increased in value

laugh.gif
@ Ben Baller calling what I do "gambling." The richest self-made men in the world are financial operators and fund managers.

Ben, you got the funds. I got the funds. Let's make a friendly bet. If you got nothing to lose, then let's do it.

From this summer when I copped it...

2qlwy7l.jpg

not a good proof because it could've been rented/borrowed or pic taken from somewhere

I've been buying gold from people around where I live little by little only because I know I can get it for the dirt and fiends don't really care howmuch they get as long as its something. I have somewhere between 3-4oz. of gold stashed. It's not much, but it's something I'll keep until goldprices soar pretty high.

think of it this way

you started your shoe collection with a regular pair of Air Force One (on ebay they are $50). As you got more money you could buy the top of the line jays. Youhave to start somewhere. No need walking around barefeet

Originally Posted by kidUFC

if i by $500 worth of gold.. how much can i make in a few months? lol

seriously..

you cant even get 1 oz. of gold for $500
laugh.gif
(one gold coin is usually 1oz.)

at the prices right now, you would have to invest double that just to get a gold coin....get more money if you can to buy gold, seriously...if you cant buyatleast 1 gold coin, you need to either

A. get more money so you can buy 1 gold coin,
or
B. invest it into something else

***Also, i saw someone posting about buying BULLION gold...DO NOT do that. Bullion can be seized by the government in bad times I.E. right now or lateron....Buy COINS

Coins are legal tender, and CANNOT be seized!

hope this helps the few that are really serious about this

-J23C

dey know yayo also said the same thing, that gov't can seize bullion. no way i let that happen, all coins for me, keptoutside the home.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

seriously..

laugh.gif
(one gold coin is usually 1 oz.)

at the prices right now, you would have to invest double that just to get a gold coin....get more money if you can to buy gold, seriously...if you cant buy atleast 1 gold coin, you need to either

or

***Also, i saw someone posting about buying BULLION gold...DO NOT do that. Bullion can be seized by the government in bad times I.E. right now or later on....Buy COINS

-J23C
ok lets say, i buy $2k worth of gold coins.. how much will i profit lets say in about 6 months?

seriously..

laugh.gif

at the prices right now, you would have to invest double that just to get a gold coin....get more money if you can to buy gold, seriously...if you cant buy atleast 1 gold coin, you need to either

or

***Also, i saw someone posting about buying BULLION gold...DO NOT do that. Bullion can be seized by the government in bad times I.E. right now or later on....Buy COINS

-J23C
damn. can the govt really do that? does it apply to the australian govt?

some of the people posting on here have no idea about investment. stop asking how much profit will i make if i buy 2k worth of gold in 6 months. do you knowyou can lose money when investing? plus why invest for 6 months. thats trading not investing. plus you will have to pay for CGT if you do that

seriously..

laugh.gif

or

-J23C
ok lets say, i buy $2k worth of gold coins.. how much will i profit lets say in about 6 months?
You don't buy gold to make money, you buy it to store wealth. If you profit on it, you're most likely going to have to pay for higherfood prices or other consumer prices anyway, let's not get too far ahead of yourself.

DKY - If I wanted to save money to purchase a home in 5 years, should I invest in gold instead of a savings account/CD?

Back
Top Bottom