2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Dont buy gold if you are trying to get rich man. Its to make sure you dont lose what you do have against the banksters trying to inflate it away from you.Unless of course they confiscate it from the people like they did the last time.....
eyes.gif
If you are trying to make money off of gold you have to be trading it, gold is very volatile. I mean something is going to have to happen to thedollar for Gold to make a very explosive move and trading gold for worthless dollars isnt really going to make you any money justs makes sure you keep what youhave.

Oh trust me, it wouldn't be to get rich. But I could definitely use something to back me up as far as school expenses and whatnot...

Well if that is the case EVERYONE should have gold in their portfolio it is the ultimate hedge and with the way things are looking around the world (EasternEurope, 0% interest rates, Fed monetizing debt, currency devaluations, etc) a gold position is even more important.

Im just trying to cop a few Oz's and keep it for a rainy day.... I got about 3 Gs to put down on GOLD... interest rates suck and inflation will be comingin a few yrs...

Cash is king right now. We will see a monetary policy that will focus on strenghthening the dollar. Just my opinion. For example, higher taxes and a morebalanced budget.

If I was to own a precious metal it would be Platinum.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Cash is king right now. We will see a monetary policy that will focus on strenghthening the dollar. Just my opinion. For example, higher taxes and a more balanced budget.

If I was to own a precious metal it would be Platinum.

Dont hold your breath. There isnt enough income in the US to tax to cover the debt. The dollar will strengthen until credit stops being destoryed and thenpeople will realize there isnt going to be enough cash coming in to pay the debts so debasement has to happen or the US will default. There is always war too.

For the doods saying that "don't go and put too much in gold, you'll regret it etc."
I got 3.2 troy oz of gold...half of my savings acct.
The beauty of gold is that it is always in demand
Need your $ for an emergency?
Flip it on ebay for above or at market price, or to a local place for a lil under market price

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

For the doods saying that "don't go and put too much in gold, you'll regret it etc."
I got 3.2 troy oz of gold...half of my savings acct.
The beauty of gold is that it is always in demand
Need your $ for an emergency?
Flip it on ebay for above or at market price, or to a local place for a lil under market price

Word... Where did u cop that 3.2? I got about 3 gs to put down

go on ebay.
NO RESERVE! IMPRESSIVE CHUNK OF GOLD. 7500+ FEEDBACK! Item number: 130290070008
There are tons of them..a bit over market value, but hey when you sell it it'll be good for you , right?

EDIT- i just checked, and many of these 3.2's go for about $3400..
If you only have $3k then you can buy 2individual pamp/credit suisse 1 troy oz bars, and wait till you get some extra to buy a third...

I was browsing around ebay and saw a few coins (1 troy ounce each) that are priced differently. Some cheaper, some more expensive, a lot more. I'm justcurious, does the coin itself add/subtract to the value of the gold or it doesn't really matter? As in a 1 troy ounce of gold coin will be the same amountas another 1 troy ounce of gold.

Because if that were true, then looking for a good deal on One Troy Ounce Gold Coin for less than the market value, then you should be up already.

priuce of gold can only go up due to its limited quantity. it randomly drops, but picsk itself back up in notime

Originally Posted by RFX45

I was browsing around ebay and saw a few coins (1 troy ounce each) that are priced differently. Some cheaper, some more expensive, a lot more. I'm just curious, does the coin itself add/subtract to the value of the gold or it doesn't really matter? As in a 1 troy ounce of gold coin will be the same amount as another 1 troy ounce of gold.

Because if that were true, then looking for a good deal on One Troy Ounce Gold Coin for less than the market value, then you should be up already.
A gold Eagle coin is the best thing to buy if your going to be buying gold to hold!...It is guarenteed by the governenvent!...buying Gold Eaglesis better then buying gold bars or bullion guarenteed...you will make out better in the long run, ask any1 that buys or sells gold and they will tell youthis...BTW....if you find a gold Eagle at market or under market value then buy them all......there is such a high demand in these coins that they are charging$50.00 + over market just because they are so in demand....so what is this saying???????

Originally Posted by Patmc13

Originally Posted by RFX45

I was browsing around ebay and saw a few coins (1 troy ounce each) that are priced differently. Some cheaper, some more expensive, a lot more. I'm just curious, does the coin itself add/subtract to the value of the gold or it doesn't really matter? As in a 1 troy ounce of gold coin will be the same amount as another 1 troy ounce of gold.

A gold Eagle coin is the best thing to buy if your going to be buying gold to hold!...It is guarenteed by the governenvent!...buying Gold Eagles is better then buying gold bars or bullion guarenteed...you will make out better in the long run, ask any1 that buys or sells gold and they will tell you this...BTW....if you find a gold Eagle at market or under market value then buy them all......there is such a high demand in these coins that they are charging $50.00 + over market just because they are so in demand....so what is this saying???????

So graded gold coins does not matter? As long as it is a US Gold Eagle coin?

gold prices don't seem too great for the GBP at the moment :/

so did the ben baller bet ever happen? i'm pretty sure yayo would have won.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

gold prices don't seem too great for the GBP at the moment :/

so did the ben baller bet ever happen? i'm pretty sure yayo would have won.
nah, bet never happened.

i've got my eye on picking up some more gold. can never have enough!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

since i started this thread:
stocks are down 24%
treasuries are down 16%
gold is up 10%.

and this is before the real big move that is coming later this year.

If I want to buy 1 Kilogram Gold bar (32.1507 Troy ounces) cash, where is the smartest place to go?
What is the smartest currency to purchase in?

DKY, I came across a few tidbits where Silver is a really good investment. Any thoughts on price increases in the future?

I don't have 10k to drop in gold at the moment. Anyone know of where I can buy only 1 or 2 gold coins???

Originally Posted by shch

I don't have 10k to drop in gold at the moment. Anyone know of where I can buy only 1 or 2 gold coins???
just go to your local jeweler thats where i cop mine.

^Just any random jeweler?? Did they sell them for a lot more than they're worth?? Thanks for the info btw.

no offense but why would you get 1 or 2 gold coins? i can see getting it by the bar if youre going to get a lot but 1 or 2 coins seems kinda odd. like buying 1share of google. you sure arent going to get rich off 2 coins. just wonderin

Back
Top Bottom