[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

No I wouldn't but I would take Artest and Scoila for LO and Ariza considering they didn't want to play here... and I do believe we can get a playerlike a Scoila either through a trade or free agency...

- Wade has already proclaimed he will leave next summer unless Miami becomse "instant title contenders", something they could possibly do with Odom's signing this summer and $28 million under the cap in 2010

b8c153ca4e381877c5f5a8886ff543bdba0eb0a.gif

so you agree with me that losing ariza and odom for artest is a downgrade right?

what other forwards are there? the only one i like that are freeagents is David lee..but he wants 12mil per

I'm so %%!*@++ mad.
smh.gif
I can't even think of possible scenarios.

Our frontcourt was questionable with LO. Now...if we lose this dude...
laugh.gif

Our bigs will consist of this...in order of worth. Pau, Bynum, Powell, MBenga...LOL. Do you guys not understand that? That is a joke.

If Pau gets in foul trouble, Kobe and Ron will be forced to take a million jump shots because Bynum only shows FLASHES of greatness on offense but is a terroron D. The refs are definitely not on his side. We will suffer tremendously in rebounding, toughness, and high percentage shots. It's going to be dreadfulto watch.

I hope that Mitch and Jerry see this and start searching for another PF/C. I'd love to see Boozer or Lee. Haslem AND Beasley would be very nice IMO.

But regardless, if we lose LO, we WILL need to find something in return. It just won't work.

Lakers pull offer to Lamar Odom

Lakers owner Jerry Buss, an avid poker player, called Lamar Odom's bluff at the negotiating table Tuesday, following through with his threat to pull the offer to Odom.

The Lakers admitted that the offer Buss presented to Odom and his representatives has been available for over a week, but that because the unrestricted free agent never responded, Buss grew upset and broke off all negotiations.

"Yes, we have taken the deal off the table," Lakers public relations director John Black said. "Talks have broken down for the time being."

Black was asked if talks could resume in the future.

"That's within the realm of possibility," he said.

Lakers team officials, who were not authorized to speak about the negotiations, said Buss offered Odom a deal for $9 million a season for four years at $36 million, or $10 million a season over three years for a total of $30 million.

Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, were looking for $10 million a year over five seasons.

Neither Schwartz nor Odom could be reached for comment Tuesday.

Team officials also said Buss was not happy that Odom and Schwartz have been talking with the Dallas Mavericks and Miami Heat President Pat Riley about a deal, but have refused to talk to the Lakers.

The Heat and Mavericks can offer Odom only the mid-level exception of $5.8 million, but can give him a five-year deal up to $34 million.

Many in the Lakers' organization believe that Odom wants to accept Buss' offer -- and so do those close to Odom -- but he has failed to convince his agent.

If the two sides do begin negotiating again, Lakers sources said Buss, if he's willing to talk, will lower his offer to Odom.

Those same sources said Buss is a man of principle who sticks by his decision.

Those sources were mindful that when Shaquille O'Neal said during an exhibition game in Hawaii in 2003, "Now, you're gonna pay me," while looking for a contract extension, Buss was angry and never forgot that.

After the 2004 season, Buss traded O'Neal to the Heat, in a deal that brought Odom to the Lakers.

It was widely known that Odom, who will be 30 in November, would have to take a pay cut because of his age, the declining economy and the small number of teams that were far enough under the NBA salary cap to make a legitimate offer to him. He was on the Lakers' books for $14.1 million last season, the final year of a six-year, $63-million contract he signed with Miami in 2003.

But the Lakers felt as if they made a fair offer to Odom, Lakers sources said, and are baffled as to why he didn't accept it.

Now it might be too late to get a deal done.

Odom proved his worth during the Lakers' championship run in the playoffs by averaging 12.3 points, third-best on the team, and 9.1 rebounds, second-best on the team.

He averaged 32 minutes a game in the playoffs, a lot of it because center Andrew Bynum was either in foul trouble or ineffective.

In those cases, Pau Gasol moved to center, Odom came off the bench to play power forward and the Lakers were often a better team.

Odom was solid against Orlando in the NBA Finals, averaging 13.4 points and 7.8 rebounds. He had 17 points and 10 rebounds in Game 5 as the Lakers clinched the title with a 99-86 victory.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-lamar-odom15-2009jul15,0,5773043.story

Honestly I agree with Dr. Buss decision on this. His agent like Ariza's agent is trying to strong hold Dr. Buss and the Lakers. Dr. Buss gave him 2contracts offers in the $9 to $10 million range but Odom's greedy bastard agent told him to hold out for more years.

Nice knowing you Lamar but it's time to move on.

Many in the Lakers' organization believe that Odom wants to accept Buss' offer -- and so do those close to Odom -- but he has failed to convince his agent.
these agents are killing me

Well Tim Thomas and Ben Wallace are out there ( not as good but good for 15 minutes a nite ) or maybe a possible trade or maybe Bynum and Powell need to stepit up... Powell didn't look that bad when he got minutes.. Would you agree Artest is better then Ariza and Odom 1 for 1?

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by tupac003

Now all of this only applies if Lamar doesn't come back.

1. Spurs. Got younger and they could all be healthy next year. Still have Timmy, Tony and Manu and got RJ. Got a DEAL in the Draft. They did everything right this off season.
2. Celtics. Added a big man that can spread the floor and will fit right in with the big 3.
3. Cavs. They got the experience of losing in the ECF. Got a PROVEN big man who is playing good ball for his age. There still are question marks there but their core is coming back and should be better.

I'm sorry but
laugh.gif
at the thought of the Cavs being better than us by adding Shaq in what is probably his last year in the league

for the record, without Lamar I still believe we are a top 3 team

Ok I know I am pushing with the Cavs but I still don't think we are a top 3 team without LO..

Man its time for me to shut down the laptop. Wife is hot that I brought it up to the bed room to talk about LO.
roll.gif

Cutting something >>>>>>>>>>>>>LO

Anyday...All Day.

Night yall

That we can agree on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Laker faithful, what's this I hear about your squad picking up Lamarcus aldridge?
49c2512e8e58612158c24aaec831b2ec5197745.gif

Where you hear this from?
nerd.gif
A friend who is a die hard laker fan and he said it's official. I mean I know that aint no reliable source but I just dont know why he wouldlie about this.

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

Well Tim Thomas and Ben Wallace are out there ( not as good but good for 15 minutes a nite ) or maybe a possible trade or maybe Bynum and Powell need to step it up... Powell didn't look that bad when he got minutes.. Would you agree Artest is better then Ariza and Odom 1 for 1?
tim thomas? NO..this a guy who played for 3 teams last year.
ben wallace? no...if bynum goes down..do u trust ben playing 30 mins a night? plus hes injury prone also
i like powell but i dont think hes ready.
and i would only trade for artest if we keep one of them also

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Wait, since when do agents have the final say and makes the final decisions? I know there job is to get the best possible deal and the mostamount of money possible but if Odom likes the Lakers' offer, why can't he just sign it even if his agent doesn't agree. I thought the agents workfor the players, not the other way around. I don't get the last statement of "but he has failed to convince his agent." Why does he need toconvince his agent for?

cosign. if that statement is true, i think odom will fire his agent and come back to the lakers
smile.gif

This is not LO's agent. If LO wanted to sign, he'd sign by now. He has the last word. Plus, if this is all LO's agent, and LO wanted to sign theextension all along, and now the offer is pulled, best believe LO would fire his agent.

This dude really wants a 50M deal it looks like
laugh.gif

Laker faithful, what's this I hear about your squad picking up Lamarcus aldridge?
49c2512e8e58612158c24aaec831b2ec5197745.gif

Where you hear this from?
nerd.gif
A friend who is a die hard laker fan and he said it's official. I mean I know that aint no reliable source but I just dont know why he would lie about this.
there has not even been rumors about that
your friend is lying

Aint no way LA to LA is official.
laugh.gif

How? What assets did LA give up? It's definitely not a signed and trade LO.

Both of Bynum's injuries were freak plays.. But yes he might go down again but then again that can happen to anybody, KG, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli and Shaqso they are all in the same boat we are..

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Wait, since when do agents have the final say and makes the final decisions? I know there job is to get the best possible deal and the most amount of money possible but if Odom likes the Lakers' offer, why can't he just sign it even if his agent doesn't agree. I thought the agents work for the players, not the other way around. I don't get the last statement of "but he has failed to convince his agent." Why does he need to convince his agent for?

that we will never know..look at ariza's situation for example

Back
Top Bottom