[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

1. Draft a big man or point guard.

2. Re-sign Ariza.

3. Try and re-sign LO.

4. Let Shannon walk
frown.gif

First page of this thread. LA done nothin right so far.........
tired.gif
smh.gif
1. Chinemelu Elonu

2. Signed Artest

3. Negotiating

4. Shannon re-signed

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This is the paycut you were talking about LO, you were willing to take it, so take it.
Dude was lying man. There's an article a couple pages back.. he said that he's a business man and as a " businessman ", he'dwant all the money he can get..
eyes.gif

Well, unless i'm reading the article wrong
laugh.gif

Yup.
frown.gif

We sold our picks for the point of re-signing our guys. We have no first rounder next season either. (Gasol deal)

Priorities were

Odom

Ariza

Brown way down here.

Instead we got Artest, and kept Brown (giving him a player option no less to be right back in this spot with him again next year) and nothing else now.
It would be nice if Morrison could play his way into a role, and contribute a little, but I rather see him as an 11th man, not a 7th or 8th man.
smh.gif

Come on guys, get Odom done. I know we can still sign him, I know we can.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

1. Draft a big man or point guard.

2. Re-sign Ariza.

3. Try and re-sign LO.

4. Let Shannon walk
frown.gif

First page of this thread. LA done nothin right so far.........
tired.gif
smh.gif

I really wanted Shannon Brown back, dude has a lot of potential.... that's the only thing we disagree on... everything else is on point

Yup.
frown.gif

We sold our picks for the point of re-signing our guys. We have no first rounder next season either. (Gasol deal)

Priorities were

Odom

Ariza

Brown way down here.

Instead we got Artest, and kept Brown (giving him a player option no less to be right back in this spot with him again next year) and nothing else now.
It would be nice if Morrison could play his way into a role, and contribute a little, but I rather see him as an 11th man, not a 7th or 8th man.
smh.gif

Come on guys, get Odom done. I know we can still sign him, I know we can.
frown.gif

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FGM-A[/td] [td]3PM-A[/td] [td]FTM-A[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]REB[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jul 14[/td] [td]@ OKC[/td] [td]W 68-74[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]5-18[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [td]5-7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jul 13[/td] [td]@ LAC[/td] [td]L 93-82[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]7-18[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jul 11[/td] [td]@ CLE[/td] [td]W 82-88[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]8-16[/td] [td]4-6[/td] [td]2-2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jul 10[/td] [td]@ TOR[/td] [td]W 84-85[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]9-17[/td] [td]1-3[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]24[/td] [/tr][/table]
Not saying these are amazing numbers but these are Morrison's stats in this summer league against some decent talent, I think he is going to have hisbest season in the coming year
grin.gif
. And I think LO will be back no doubt.

Now that I have calmed down from my rants last night...

Let's all sti down and relax. Just relax.

Lamar will be here if he wants to be. He is going to have to smooth things over with Dr. Buss. I think that can happen.

Nothing else makes sense. This could take a long time. Or depending on the Milsap deal we might know something by the end week.

If Lamar leaves he leaves.

During the parade these fools talk about brotherhood and love for the city and yada yada yada. A wee later the NBA is a business and all this mess.

The one thing I wish these players would stop doing is lying. If your honest with the fans, we will respect you more.

I blame Lebron.

Nobody holds their franchise over a barrell more then him. Others just folowin suit.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
DAMM LO TAKE THE PAYCUT U CLAIMED YOU WOULD TAKE AFTER THE FINALS.......

If we don't get LO back Gooden would be a solid pickup imo.

He can give 10 and 6 or 7 rebs off the oak consistently.

He's not as versitile as LO but dude can help us alot

Great post Tupac...its like they say everything to the media to keep up an image, but that all goes out the window in the negotiating room. LO has alway been a"next up" player, but he never lived up to that IMO. He is a great 3rd option. 9 milli for that role + a ring + sunny LA should be enough.

I would say he is going to feel like @$*! next year if he doesn't re-sign, but he is used to early vacations from his years on the Clippers.

Damn, the business side of the NBA rearing its ugly head this offseason. I think it'll work out if LO wants to stay here. I feel like the organizationmight concede to the length of the contract as long as the salary goes down or some incentives are substituted.

Why is it so quiet today, does it mean they are talking/meeting?
nerd.gif

Wouldn't we have heard SOME new news today by now?

For some reason I think if the Lakers end up without LO they won't sign anyone else... I mean if they're already paying so much by being over the cap,it seems like they would only be willing to pay so much more for Odom, I can't say the same for anybody else.... which is really bad considering thatwithout Lamar the team would be left with a huge hole....

I hope this guy comes to his senses and takes the damn deal... it's more than generous IMO

why dont we offer him a 8 mill for 5 years?
soo a 40 million dollar deal
unless we have tried that
or a 45 million dollar deal

I honestly can see the lakers making a small move and possibly with Morrison. He's on a contract year with 4-5 million expiring and he's playing reallywell in summer league, so there is some real value to him. Wouldn't it make sense for the Lakers to trade him for a future first rounder, clear up 4 mil inspace then sign Lamar. If not and Lamar signs elsewher, trade morrison for a quality big man. We have Walton and Artest so it will be hard for him to see anyminutes without any injuries to either of them.

Originally Posted by AJ33

I honestly can see the lakers making a small move and possibly with Morrison. He's on a contract year with 4-5 million expiring and he's playing really well in summer league, so there is some real value to him. Wouldn't it make sense for the Lakers to trade him for a future first rounder, clear up 4 mil in space then sign Lamar. If not and Lamar signs elsewher, trade morrison for a quality big man. We have Walton and Artest so it will be hard for him to see any minutes without any injuries to either of them.
I like that idea a lot... hadn't thought about it... like you said, dude is playing some serious ball right now....

Lakers will up the offer soon, that's the reason they pulled the offer off the table.

They'll offer him a max 36M contract, that way he either declines or accepts it, then we can move on.

Lakers will up the offer soon, that's the reason they pulled the offer off the table.

They'll offer him a max 36M contract, that way he either declines or accepts it, then we can move on.

Source? That what they sayin down there?

Please LO, take that deal.

And no way on EARTH Morrison gets us a first rounder, come on. Summer ball don't mean squat. It's nice to see guys get some work in and improve, butthat doesn't get first round picks for guys wearin suits during the playoffs that weren't injured.

And no way on EARTH Morrison gets us a first rounder, come on. Summer ball don't mean squat. It's nice to see guys get some work in and improve, but that doesn't get first round picks for guys wearin suits during the playoffs that weren't injured.
No, sorry that was just my prediction
laugh.gif

I just added a year to the original offer. Nothing new over here, not even a mention of a potential new deal.

And no way on EARTH Morrison gets us a first rounder, come on. Summer ball don't mean squat. It's nice to see guys get some work in and improve, but that doesn't get first round picks for guys wearin suits during the playoffs that weren't injured.
But I guess it does make some sense to trade him for a pick in order to clear up some cap space.... 2nd rounder? can that even be done?

Odom needs to fire his agent ASAP. His agent is the one holding everything back
smh.gif

Dude needs to take matters into his own hands.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Odom needs to fire his agent ASAP. His agent is the one holding everything back
smh.gif

Dude needs to take matters into his own hands.
Until Lamar Odom comes out and says otherwise, I'm gonna believe it's Lamar Odom holding everything back.

Trust, if I wanted to sign, my agent would not tell me no like my mother.

You guys believe what you want, but if Lamar Odom wanted to sign for $36 mil/4 years yesterday, he would have. Unless there's another deal, somewhere elsefor 5 years that his agent is negotiating, which we don't know about.

laugh.gif
at people acting like his agent is his dad and he's some childstar who needs all his deals approved.

Back
Top Bottom