[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

travman24 wrote:
Man the Champion high is coming down now
frown.gif
first we lose Trev (but we get Artest
smile.gif
) buuut we might be losing LO
frown.gif
this sucks..

Anybody get the DVD yet?

17.99 at target. Best buy is 19.99 but I went to 3 in my area and all were sold out.

As far as Sean may goes if he is slim and healthy and we can get him cheap why not look at him? I doubt he is a replacement for LO but why not see what the kidcan do?

LamarOwnsem wrote:
Originally Posted by tupac003

LamarOwnsem wrote:
Both sides are at fault, in my eyes. I'm sure Jerry Buss has an extra $1mil to give to Odom. He's acting like the money isn't there at all. On the other hand, what does Lamar need $10mil for that $9mil isn't enough?

Both sides?
laugh.gif

I know your a Lamar fan but come on. We have gone from 7 to 9. And its not an extra mil its 2.

Lamar is asking for a $4mil paycut from last season. I know Buss has the money, so why not give it to him?

laugh.gif
I know buss has the money? Come on!

If you threw money at every free agent just because they said they wanted it you wouldn't have the money much longer. That extra mil per season in salarywill be another mil on top of that mil for how many ever seasons he is signed for.

You make it seem so easy. If it was that easy I think they would have already given him the money.

I don't understand why some of you don't get it by now. The cap is going to drop even further next season and the season after that we have to re-signgasol. We can't just throw money around.

k0befomvp wrote:
If Lamar doesn't accept the 9 million then he should just get the hell out of here. Dude is lucky he didn't get traded at some point during his Laker-career. Lamar is a talented player and the Lakers are nearly unstopable when he plays good, but the problem is he hardly does. It's a safe bet that he will never live up to his potential and is best as a third option on a team. It would be sad to see him go, but I don't think he is showing loyalty to the Lakers like the Lakers are showing him.

Co-sign 150%!!!!

That DVD is the same one as the one SI sends out right? Cuz I couldn't let it go and got the SI package with the basketball, the DVD, and the hardcoverbook.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

That DVD is the same one as the one SI sends out right? Cuz I couldn't let it go and got the SI package with the basketball, the DVD, and the hardcover book.
laugh.gif

Yes its the same DVD. I almost got the SI package but I hate SI. I would like that hardcover book.

Originally Posted by CP1708

That DVD is the same one as the one SI sends out right? Cuz I couldn't let it go and got the SI package with the basketball, the DVD, and the hardcover book.
laugh.gif

Yes its the same DVD. I almost got the SI package but I hate SI. I would like that hardcover book.
I hear ya, I haven't had SI since the last chip, the mag is worthless to me unless one of my teams is the cover story or somethin.
laugh.gif

I got it during the 3 peat, and on the final one they screwed up and sent me 2 books, if I get lucky like that again, I'll let you know for sure.

I really had no choice, not a lotta options round here.
mad.gif
roll.gif

I'm all for Lamar for B-EAZY!!! That is if he doesn't want to stay.

Beasley or Josh Howard frreals?
smh.gif

Beasley can't guard any position on the court, and Josh Howards ankles are made of glass ... wait check that his whole body is glass.

None of them are fits for L.A.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

IDK about ya'll, but sign me up for an Odom for Beasley and Haslem deal. That would be awesome.
I would be with that. LO is overvaluing himself...and so are we as fans.

I want no part of B.Easy or Pot head.

I want Lamar back.

If there is no way to get him back there are only 2 players I would like to see a sign and trade for.

Boozer. Jazz want to deal him but I don't see how that could work.

Prince. I know the Pistons kinda threw this out there but I doubt this happens either.

To be honest....there was a point where I thought Lamar was gone. Then there was last week where I thought he was ours.

Now I really don't know. If Lamar is being honest about being here then something will work out.

If he wants to chase that extra mil then he leaves.

I don't see how ANY sign and trade scenario helps us.

We just have to hope and pray this works out.

I would take Boozer as well. BEZ is as overrated as they come, people drool over his supposed potential but all I see is a lost/unmotivated youngster. Howardis way too inconsistent for my tastes.

Boozer, although disappears in big moments, is a borderline All-Star who can go inside and out.

However would that move Andrew to the bench?

It's hard for me to see Boozer or Pau or Andrew coming off the bench.

I want no part of B.Easy or Pot head.

I want Lamar back.

If there is no way to get him back there are only 2 players I would like to see a sign and trade for.

Boozer. Jazz want to deal him but I don't see how that could work.

Prince. I know the Pistons kinda threw this out there but I doubt this happens either.

To be honest....there was a point where I thought Lamar was gone. Then there was last week where I thought he was ours.

Now I really don't know. If Lamar is being honest about being here then something will work out.

If he wants to chase that extra mil then he leaves.

I don't see how ANY sign and trade scenario helps us.

We just have to hope and pray this works out.
I would definitely rather take both over Beas & Howard, I'd rather have Odom but I just don't like the idea of losing him for nothing

between Boozer & Prince, give me Prince for this team. Boozer & Pau play the same position, and I'd rather have Pau over him any day.

Prince for Odom I would actually be happy for if Odom really wants to leave. I have always wanted Prince on the Lakers but I highly doubt the Pistons deal himto us

but we should try sign&trading Odom for a starting pg to further solidify our line-up 1-5
nerd.gif

LO knows he doesnt have many good years left...

Hes trying to get as much as he can, cant say i blame him too much....

BTW, theres no loyalty in sports...ESP from the front office...

Although BOOZER isnt the biggest PF i wouldnt mind him bangin around down low....

Originally Posted by ledafuture36

What I don't get is that if Odom wants 10mil and Portland offers 10mil isn't a 9mil in LA worth more then a 10mil in Portland? With enorsements and such.. seems to me Odom really doesn't want to be a Laker.. I don't care what people say I judge them by there actions and Odom's actions do not show he wants to stay in LA..

portland can offer a longer deal, ie 5yrs/50 million

the lakers want to give him a shorter deal, ie 3yrs/27 million

odom wants a longer deal to ensure he will be getting paid into his mid 30s, the lakers dont want to give a 30 year old a 5 year deal

Back
Top Bottom