2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

well ibrahimovic has a fairly large ego as well tho right? either way good move for both i guess. as long as that balotelli (sp?) kid isn't a part of thetrade i'm happy
laugh.gif
i'm sure he's gotta be good to start for them but everytime i see him play/take kicks on set plays he's horrible

Can someone school me on Keirrison? Barca just signed him...

Barcelona signs Keirrison from Palmeiras
Associated Press
Updated: July 23, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Barcelona has agreed to a €14 million ($20 million) deal to sign Brazilian striker Keirrison from Palmeiras.

The 20-year-old Keirrison is expected to arrive at the Camp Nou later Thursday and undergo a medical examination on Friday before signing a five-year deal.

Barcelona said Palmeiras could receive up to €16 million ($23 million) depending on the number of games Keirrison plays with the Spanish champions.

Keirrison, whose full name is Keirrison da Souza Carneiro, scored 26 goals in the past two seasons in the Brazilian league.

Originally Posted by BIGRED33

well ibrahimovic has a fairly large ego as well tho right? either way good move for both i guess. as long as that balotelli (sp?) kid isn't a part of the trade i'm happy
laugh.gif
i'm sure he's gotta be good to start for them but everytime i see him play/take kicks on set plays he's horrible

fairly large? yea...he's got a pretty large ego. i've never been particularly a fan of ibra, but the guy is amazing. when it comes to athleticism, rawability, technique, he's in a class with just a few others. i'm still
eek.gif
when i see that goal he scored against italy in euro 2004.

balotelli is certainly one for the future. but the kid is too cocky and immature. he even threatened lippi by saying he'll play for ghana if not called upfor italy. mourinho needs to bring him down.

Anybody here go to the Inter/Chelsea game? Atmoshpere was electric over here. Traffic was a nightmare after the game. I ended up not going to the game but notmad since the game itself wasn't that good.

Chelsea looked in form though and Inter was out of sync.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Two3-
I'm 99.9% sure I talked to you for a quick sec during the Inter launch kit event. *#!+ the Nike promoters who lied to people and said we would meet the team if we bought the new kit. Luckily, I got my money back.

Anyway....partly due to Two3's pics, my bro and I drove from SF to try to meet Inter. We managed to get tixs to the kit event, and my bro got one of the balls kicked into the stands (we're trying to find video footage to see if it was from quaresma or materazzi) at the end of the event.
Went to UCLA and got a few autos (muntari, cambiasso, quaresma, suazo). Met some dude who knew where the team was staying, and he was nice enough to drive us there.
Sure enough, we saw the team bus....waited for a few hours, and got everyone we wanted
pimp.gif
except materazzi who was a straight $@$#!.

Here are some pics of my bro and I and of the event
you prob didn't miss anything with materazzi. i love inter but materazzi is a jerk. will never forgive him for egging on and instigating oneof my all time fave players.

Originally Posted by Two3 Jumpman

i hope this trade between eto and zlatan ends sometimes next week so hopefully eto still makes the trip to the US with the team and I get to meet him lol, I found out where chelsea was a little to late today I only got to take picture with Ancelotti
dude i gotta know..how do you get all the info on where the teams are staying? i wanna get some autograph before the barca match here in seattle.

1842 BST: Diego Maradona's lawyer has claimed the former Argentina midfielder is set to quit his job as coach of the Argentine national side andjoin Portsmouth as the club's global ambassador.

In a confidential e-mail published in Arabian Business magazine, Angel Oscar Moyano claimed: "He (Maradona) has got top players ready and he iseven ready to leave the Argentine national team."

Pompey's new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim is apparently close friends with Maradona's cousin Remigio.

1841 BST: Liverpool have dismissed claims that a fee has been agreed with Real Madrid for the sale of Xabi Alonso. (Press Association)

1650 BST: Real Madrid director general Jorge Valdano rules out making any more major signings until a number of players deemed surplus torequirements have been sold. (Press Association)

1048 BST: Samuel Eto'o's agent is confident the Barcelona striker will wrap up his move to Inter Milan sooner rather than later. (PressAssociation)

1040 BST: Everton have distanced themselves from suggestions that they are in negotiations to sell the club to a Middle East consortium.(Various)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester City will offer Chelsea captain John Terry £1m a month in wages in a final bid to land the defender.
Full story: DailyMail

But Terry will snub a move to Eastlands and sign a new contract to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Full story: The Sun

Manchester City could add yet more fire power to their squad and are lining up an £18m swoop for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young. (DailyExpress)

AC Milan are poised to make a £10m bid for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner. (Daily Express)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is set to battle it out with Aston Villa for the signing of Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin. (DailyMirror)

But Villa are preparing to improve their offer for the 31-year-old to £3m.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

Barcelona forward Eidur Gudjohnsen is thinking over a move to West Ham. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham winger Julien Faubert is wanted by German side Schalke 04. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth have made a £2m offer for Hull defender Sam Ricketts. (Daily Mirror)

Pompey manager Paul Hart is lining up a bid for Reading winger Stephen Hunt.

Turkish side Galatasaray are set to launch a bid to sign Chelsea midfielder Deco. (The Times)

Everton are keen on Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Hull boss Phil Brown is lining up a £7m double swoop for Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley and striker Ross McCormack. (Daily Mirror)

Brown will also look to sign Ecuadorian winger Fernando Guerrero from Independiente Della Valle. (Daily Mirror)

Preston are in talks with midfielder Didi Hamann after he was recently released by Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

Striker Darius Vassell is set to secure a move to Turkish side Ankaragucu after also being released by Manchester City.

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is keen on signing Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh and is a lining up a £10m bid.

The Black Cats are also interested in Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker. (Daily Telegraph)

Stoke City are poised to sign Sunderland midfielder Dean Whitehead in a £2.5m move.

OTHER GOSSIP

Argentina manager Diego Maradona is being lined up by Portsmouth for a sensational move to the Premier League.
Full story: Daily Star

AND FINALLY

Former Arsenal defender Ashley Cole has risked angering his former club by saying he hopes big-spending Manchester City push the Gunners out of thetop four this season.
Full story:Daily Mail

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has likened playing for the club as being a member of 60s rock group The Beatles. (DailyMirror)
Meanwhile, the Glazer family, who own United, have denied claims that they have blocked Sir Alex Ferguson from spending the £80m CristianoRonaldo transfer fee because purse strings are being tightened at Old Trafford.

I had the opportunity to speak with Ross Turnbull, backup goal keeper for Chelsea FC over the phone todayafter the team's practice in Baltimore. If anyone wants to hear the interview, check it out below.

Ross Turnbull Interview

For all those Milan - Chelsea fans.. Milan is staying in Baltimore - Marriot Waterfront

sorry to everybody thats asking how I find out where players or teams are going to be, I have met some nice enough people that let me know almost last minutewhere somebody is going to be and they ask me to please dont let people know so I have to respect that. I dont want to lose those connects, If you guys see meat the upcoming events for Barcelona here in Los Angeles please bug me and tell me your from NT and I might whisper some info to you but I cannot post anythingonline. sorry I hope you guys understand
grin.gif

back to the news I would of liked if Keirrison would of signed with United instead they had been tracking him for like 2 years now, and I guess Zlatan willjust stick around in the states since he's going to join Barcelona

Esteban Granero goes back to Real Madrid for 4m
More firepower off the bench. Hope he takes Guti's minutes.

I dont know where else to post this, but for my Dallas people, here you go:

http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/07/lamarcus-aldridge-vs-petr-cech-shootout.html

LaMarcus Aldridge will take on Chelsea F.Cgoalkeeper Petr Cech in a unique penalty shootout contest after team training on Saturday, July 25 at the Cowboys Stadium. Chelsea F.C takes on Club America onSunday in the second game of the World Football Challenge.

The English Premier League side is currently touring the US in preseason training ahead of the 2009-10 campaign. Chelsea defeated Italian side Inter Milan 2-0at the Pasadena Rose Bowl on Tuesday and face AC Milan tonight at the M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.

I pray to god that Maradona quits Argentina in the coming weeks. Bring Pekerman back as the national team's manager. Maradona seems pretty defiant though,I think he'll stay on until the (premature) end of Argentina's WC 2010 run.

I don't know how to feel about the trade/raping we took for Ibra. I guess it's nowhere but down after the miracle season that just passed. I have fullfaith in Josep though.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I pray to god that Maradona quits Argentina in the coming weeks. Bring Pekerman back as the national team's manager. Maradona seems pretty defiant though, I think he'll stay on until the (premature) end of Argentina's WC 2010 run.

Bring in Bianchi and it's a wrap...The man is a damn genius

1735: The transfer of Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Inter Milan to Barcelona is expected to be completed on Monday, according to a Nou Campofficial. (FC Barcelona web TV channel)

1226 BST: Kolo Toure will snub a switch from Arsenal to Manchester City, despite having an unclear future at the Emirates Stadium.
Fullstory: Evening Standard

1133 BST: Steve Bruce is keen to bring Marseille captain Lorik Cana to Sunderland. He is expected to fly to Holland, where Sunderland arecompeting in the Amsterdam tournament, for talks with Steve Bruce ahead of tonight's clash with Benfica.
Full story: Sunderland Echo

http:// TRANSFER GOSSIP

Liverpool have emerged as shock contenders to bring striker Peter Crouch back to Anfield in a £12m deal.
Full story: Daily Star

Rafael Benitez's bid to sign Spain winger David Silva has been boosted by bankruptcy-threatened Valencia's failure to sell David Villa.
Full story: TheIndependent

Bolton boss Gary Megson is on the brink of landing defender Zat Knight for £4.5m from Aston Villa. (The Sun)

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is ready to snap up Manchester City defender Ryan McGivern on loan. (Daily Star)

Fulham, Tottenham, Portsmouth and West Ham are all pursuing out-of-favour Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen, who is worth around £4m.
Fullstory: Daily Mail

Ecuadorian winger Fernando Guerrero, recently linked with Hull, may be offered a permanent deal with Burnley following a trial. (Daily Telegraph)

West Ham are confident of signing Swiss teenage defender Fabio Daprela from Grasshopper Zurich, but face competition. (The Times)

Ajax coach Martin Jol is interested in signing Spurs full-back Gareth Bale. (The Times)

Hull manager Phil Brown is keen to persuade veteran striker Mark Viduka to forgo retirement plans by moving to the Tigers under a pay-as-you-playcontract. (The Sun)

Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov is set to leave Manchester City for Lazio in a possible £4.5m deal. (The Sun)

Veteran full-back Steve Finnan, now at Espanyol, is being chased by Sunderland, Stoke and Wolves. (The Sun)

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is planning a fresh £5.5m bid for West Ham's injury-prone striker Dean Ashton. (The Sun)

Real Madrid forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will not move to Stuttgart, so Premier League clubs such as Tottenham and Arsenal may step up theirinterest.
Full story: TheIndependent

Plymouth are linked with a move for Rangers midfielder Charlie Adam after Blackpool stalled on a move. (Daily Record)

Everton want a quick answer from Sweden midfielder Rasmus Elm about a possible move to Goodison Park.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Wolfsburg are pondering a move for Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins. (Daily Mail)

Charlton, whose £2m-rated teenager Jonjo Shelvey is wanted by Ipswich, are targeting ex-Birmingham City defender Radhi Jaidi. (DailyMail)

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray looks to have beaten West Brom to the signing of Coventry defender Danny Fox. (Daily Mail)

Sheffield United, who may lose striker Billy Sharp to Notts County, want to buy Tottenham midfielder Danny Rose and Charlton defender JonathanFortune. (Daily Star)

http:// OTHER GOSSIP
Boss Alan Shearer is ready to leave Newcastle in disgust at Mike Ashley's failure to sell the club.
Full story: Daily Express

it looks like Ibra / Eto'o deal is almost done. both teams agree to terms with their new strikers.... its a bittersweet deal for me. i'm excited to seeZlatan with Barca but Eto'o has been great for Barca.....

Soccernet reports Ibra could be presented as early as Monday!

Originally Posted by rockforlight

I don't know where to put this, but DAMN! That was a strike by Drogba.
Yeah, that was nice!

Barca got robbed...you cant blame Inter for this move regardless of what they accomplish this season. They get a world-class striker in return and 45 millionto play around with.

Laporta is gonna look like an idiot if Barca fail to win anything this year. Hopefully we'll eventually find out what caused the rift between Eto'o andPep and Laporta.

Back
Top Bottom